• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

Weddings in Retro-GAF! I just got married and it cost about $200 for the civil in SF City Hall. I did not even have to pay for a suit 😊 😛

8AB6F580-263D-4C3A-87DE-CDAB8461442D.jpg

Congrats!

Galdelico

Uhh, retrocouples all shiny and beautiful! Congratulations, guys. :)

My imaginary girlfriend is great, though. She's almost as excited to get the Omega CMVS as I am. But she keeps nagging me to get Twinkle Star Sprites. Women.
My gf randomly gifted me with a CIB, Japanese Gynoug, a few days ago, because she remembered I mentioned it a while back. Just one in a million reasons I feel sincerely blessed.

Grats Yes Boss!
Please tell me I don't have to post a picture too now that people are doing it :p
You already know you have to, now. :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey I didn't say I didn't like my wedding! It was a great time but it was alot of money and stress. I mean the 40 grand we spent on the wedding could have got me a few neo geo carts!
My oldest brother had a big wedding (350 people) and he ended up making a profit on it. Us Porkchops give generously. My other brother got married in Cuba and that was a lot of fun.

Congrats Boss!

I married an Asian girl too!
I remember another Toronto-GAFer mentioned there was an (Instagram? I'm not sure) account that posted pics of white guys with Asian gfs and he saw himself. People are creepy.

Congrats Yes Boss!

This is a copy from my post in the BST.

I am selling a large portion of my gaming collection and am including links to two google sheets. The sales list is everything I am definitely selling and the complete list is a nearly complete list of my collection- just missing some Gameboy and TurboGrAFX/PC-Engine stuff. It is there mostly if anyone is interested in some games that haven't been listed yet. Keep in mind- there are a lot of games in the complete list that I plan on keeping. No prices are listed in either because it's a damn large list and I really don't have the time, but I'll try to give a good deal. Come at me with a reasonable offer. Gaffers will get a small discount -so please include your Gaf name- but keep in mind that shipping will still need to be added.

SALES LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qCvw-6-Ej0Q5v81UPQnPQ-jcKgVH-X4UM8xknHO92JA/edit?usp=sharing

COMPLETE LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1koUO6HSNfDTbNa6X-kdoKoARCTHzIcxO-nd64HAfvDU/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to ask questions. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. I can and will take pics and send them.

Thanks

Has anybody heard from Brainpann since he posted this? I haven't seen posts in the thread and my PM's have gone unanswered....

I love it when games include a map.

Me too. Which included map is everyone's favorite?

I was a big fan of the one that came with The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind:

Click to enlarge.

It unfolded to be so big in person. You don't really get the same effect in this image.

Me Three! I miss the days of awesome instruction manuals, and maps, and little other pamphlets.

I don't know if I have a favorite for sure, but I do really love the one from A Link to the Past.

Peltz

Me Three! I miss the days of awesome instruction manuals, and maps, and little other pamphlets.

I don't know if I have a favorite for sure, but I do really love the one from A Link to the Past.

Wow, that map is a bit spoilery for my tastes. I'm sorta glad I played LttP without it.

Fuzzy

I remember searching forever for level 2 in NES Zelda and couldn't find it until I looked at the map in the book. I think I was already on level 4 or 5 by the time I did.

Has anybody heard from Brainpann since he posted this? I haven't seen posts in the thread and my PM's have gone unanswered....

No answer to mine as well. Probably has a ton of people messaging him though, and I'm sure it's easier for him to sell the stuff he can to people local to him before going through whats left and then seeing what people online wanted.

My oldest brother had a big wedding (350 people) and he ended up making a profit on it. Us Porkchops give generously. My other brother got married in Cuba and that was a lot of fun.

I remember another Toronto-GAFer mentioned there was an (Instagram? I'm not sure) account that posted pics of white guys with Asian gfs and he saw himself. People are creepy.

Congrats Yes Boss!

I think we at least broke even. I'm not joking about this and I may be generalizing, but Koreans try and one up each other by giving more then the others at a wedding. We literally had to give my in laws a list of how much each Korean family gave us and sort it from highest to lowest so they could see who stood where in the tier list.

I get people asking me about having yellow fever all the time. The Asian thirst is real. I personally have no preference at all I just fell in love with a girl who happened to be Asian. There's a reason I deliberately chose a picture without our faces in it lol.

Galdelico

No answer to mine as well. Probably has a ton of people messaging him though, and I'm sure it's easier for him to sell the stuff he can to people local to him before going through whats left and then seeing what people online wanted.
Yeah exactly. He didn't get back at me either, and I assumed the very same.

Weddings in Retro-GAF! I just got married and it cost about $200 for the civil in SF City Hall. I did not even have to pay for a suit 😊 😛

8AB6F580-263D-4C3A-87DE-CDAB8461442D.jpg

Congrats! I got married at City Hall too. Great decision. I might be biased cuz i work for the City, but City Hall is pretty awesome.

Yes Boss!

Congrats! I got married at City Hall too. Great decision. I might be biased cuz i work for the City, but City Hall is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I was born in San Francisco and it was really the only place to get my civil wedding done. I will do a proper wedding overseas next year but definitely one of the coolest places to get the civil.

Thanks everybody else :)

Congrats to all married folks and such.

I had a friend solder my audio board to my OSSC (I held the light!) and am super impressed and happy now that I can play my consoles on my TV through my soundbar/sub setup. It's like the second coming, bros.

Also played Casltevania Chronicles on PSX while at his house. Damn, that X68000 version of Castlevania is super rad, what with the arrange soundtrack and the three other soundtrack arrangements to choose from. I had only heard that game being hated on, but damn if it isn't fun as hell.

BTails

Also played Casltevania Chronicles on PSX while at his house. Damn, that X68000 version of Castlevania is super rad, what with the arrange soundtrack and the three other soundtrack arrangements to choose from. I had only heard that game being hated on, but damn if it isn't fun as hell.

The OST on that one is wicked crazy good. So many different versions of classic Vania tracks.

KC-Slater

I had a friend solder my audio board to my OSSC (I held the light!) and am super impressed and happy now that I can play my consoles on my TV through my soundbar/sub setup. It's like the second coming, bros.

I have been thinking about upgrading my setup with this. Can you speak to how involved the installation of the board was? (If even via your friend?) I'm coming off a high of modifying the sync and audio output direction of an RGB cable, and I want to keep it my momentum going!

I have it on the X68000. I don't know what's different between the two versions. It's a lot of fun and the music is great but it's hard as hell. I'm stuck on the second to last level.

I have been thinking about upgrading my setup with this. Can you speak to how involved the installation of the board was? (If even via your friend?) I'm coming off a high of modifying the sync and audio output direction of an RGB cable, and I want to keep it my momentum going!

He said it was pretty difficult. There are 9 connections to be made, 3 to these pads on the board that are extremely small and right next to a multipin chip. I'd say he spent 75% of his time on those, the other six are pretty easy.

I'd check out the instructions off of the VGP website and assess for yourself, though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Castlevania Chronicles is great. It got shit on because it plays like Castlevania 1 (well, a bit smoother, but yeah), rather than SOTN or Super Castlevania IV. I had a great time with it, though, and the challenge it presents is really satisfying.

The arrange soundtrack is great, too.

Fularu

Banned
My gf randomly gifted me with a CIB, Japanese Gynoug, a few days ago, because she remembered I mentioned it a while back. Just one in a million reasons I feel sincerely blessed.

You already know you have to, now. :D

I love Gynoug, Game's amazing

FINE I'll post one later QQ

BTails

The Morrowind one was great: I played the game on OG Xbox, and it came with the map too. Considering that game didn't hold your hand, it was almost a necessity at some points to figure out where you were going!

I loved the cloth map that came with Lunar the Silver Star Story complete on PSX. Not the most practical map, but man, it's CLOTH! SO COOL.

Click to enlarge.

It unfolded to be so big in person. You don't really get the same effect in this image.

i'll love it more when 3d printers replace all the maps i lost

LTTP
Phantasy Star II & III
Miracle Warriors (okay i never actually had that one)
Starflight

etc

In undergrad, I worked as an intern at the power company. We had a drafting printer so we could send substation schematics to the technicians. I used it to print a map of Metroid so that I could finally beat it for the first time.

Fuzzy

In undergrad, I worked as an intern at the power company. We had a drafting printer so we could send substation schematics to the technicians. I used it to print a map of Metroid so that I could finally beat it for the first time.
That sounds awesome.

IrishNinja

do you still have it? you gotta post it if so man

Top Bottom