• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZIMA RETURNS - The Zummer of Zima

Ozium

Step aside, Crystal Pepsi, the clear beverage for adults is back for a limited time only! Many of us who were growing up when Zima shook the alcoholic beverage industry were not old enough to drink... but now that has changed!

DC91tNZV0AA4YWi.jpg

Check out this RAD webzite:
www.zima.com

ZIMA'S BACK FOR
A LIMITED TIME!
"NO WAY!" YOU SAY TO WHICH WE SAY, "YES WAY!"

BUT WE'RE ONLY BACK IN TIME FOR A LIMITED TIME, SO DRINK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR CHILL. YOU IN OR WHAT?

WHEN YOU DRINK A ZIMA, YOU'RE TASTING A GOOD TIME. THE GOLDEN CHILD OF 1994, ZIMA OWNED THE DECADE.

THEN, ZIMA WENT AWAY. IT BOUNCED. BUMMER, RIGHT? YEAH, TOTAL BUMMER. BUT ZIMA'S BACK FOR A LIMITED TIME, ALRIGHT? THE CLASSIC CITRUS FLAVOR INSIDE THAT COOL, CLEAR BOTTLE.

Are you excited? I'm excited.

Here Are Some Clazzic Zima Commercialz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-YqH5tZSYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbPcEcMJJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHzRGpZNQso

BigDug13

Advise to enhance the flavor. Get some grenadine and just pour a tiny amount into the Zima after taking a sip. Makes it taste much better.

Brings back memories from '93-'95 before I liked beer. (To be fair, it took a 21st birthday visit to a microbrewery to finally taste beer beyond the Budweiser swill my shipmates drank.)

Ozium

Advise to enhance the flavor. Get some grenadine and just pour a tiny amount into the Zima after taking a sip. Makes it taste much better.

Brings back memories from '93-'95 before I liked beer. (To be fair, it took a 21st birthday visit to a microbrewery to finally taste beer beyond the Budweiser swill my shipmates drank.)

Please let's not sully the triumphant return of Zima with grenadine.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Riding the popularity of ZIKA.

I tried one for the first time yesterday. Pretty tasty beverage and cool unique bottle design too. Hope it sticks around.

BigDug13

Please let's not sully the triumphant return of Zima with grenadine.

I used to drink it straight but it's not a very good flavor. The citrus is nonexistent. Why would I ever drink it now over a hard lemonade or cider? Aww who am I kidding. I don't drink any of those things anymore when there's beer.

I'm down for this. I remember being in San Antonio back in'93 and Zima was being test marketed there. People were giving this out for free in bars across the city...... I got lit on Zima several times back then.

Sobriquet

Holy shit I was talking with some friends about bringing Zima back! Not that we could actually do it.

When does it come out? Is it out already?

And yes, I know it's awful. Still want some.

Leunam

Huh, for some reason I thought this was supposed to be like non-alcoholic Smirnoff Ice. Have I been wrong most of my life?

Poppy

ive never actually seen a Zima irl, even in the 90s

my mom would drink like, seagrams wine coolers and later mike's hard lemonade

Vengal

I never drank any but I vividly recall the strange tvs spots. My brother in-law was old enough to recall the college parties with them. He mentioned something about dropping jolly ranchers in them when we saw the boxes at a gas station.

Ozium

Holy shit I was talking with some friends about bringing Zima back! Not that we could actually do it.

When does it come out? Is it out already?

And yes, I know it's awful. Still want some.

It's already out I guess.. I know someone from Oklahoma who bought one and someone from Chicago who has seen it..

I went to my local liquor store to see if they had it in stock but couldn't find it, and I didn't ask because 1) the owner was the only one there and he was talking to someone and I didn't want to interrupt and 2) it's kind of embarrassing to ask for fucking Zima...

On the website there is a locator and it said the store I went to carries it (along with most other liquor stores near me) so either they didn't get any in stock yet, or it sold out (lol)

Sobriquet

It's already out I guess.. I know someone from Oklahoma who bought one and someone from Chicago who has seen it..

I went to my local liquor store to see if they had it in stock but couldn't find it, and I didn't ask because 1) the owner was the only one there and he was talking to someone and I didn't want to interrupt and 2) it's kind of embarrassing to ask for fucking Zima...

On the website there is a locator and it said the store I went to carries it (along with most other liquor stores near me) so either they didn't get any in stock yet, or it sold out (lol)

BRB

studyguy

I always thought these were non-alcoholic tbh.
I remember the ads, I even remember jokes being made about it being non-alcoholic.

Remember these from the high school parties, been seeing reviews that they're sweeter than the original, I can vaguely remember the taste though.

SDCowboy

If I see some in the stores, I will definitely pick up a sixer. As someone who grew up in the 90's, Zima is iconic, but I obviously never got to have it.

Ah, yes, Zima, the gateway beer.

I've never tried one but I might give it a go. I've been digging on Henry's Hard Soda lately so this might be up my alley.

Top Bottom