• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVG: The PS5 Jailbreak is here - and its looking good!

WitchHunter

Banned

Check Out Modded Warfares PS5 Jailbreak guides:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcKjA...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uZ8E...

TimeStamps:
00:00 - 01:21 - Introduction.
01:22 - 02:45 - Sponsor.
02:46 - 06:57 - Jailbreaking a PS5
.06:58 - 07:49 - DNS Settings
07:50 - 13:50 - Backing up your library with ItemzFlow
13:51 - 14:23 - Conclusion.
14:24 - 14:45 - Outtro.

Get that central chip out, make a video card board for it and let it be used in a PC. That would bring in a lot of money to the table. Where are the chinese dark alley electronics gurus hiding?

S0ULZB0URNE

"If you're running a 3.00-4.51 Firmware PlayStation PS5"

Firmware 5.00 was released March 2022 so unless you've not updated your PS5 in 2 years you're out of luck. Useless for the vast majority, doubt the PS5 will ever be cracked open to the extent of the PSP/Vita or pretty much every Nintendo Console.
/thread

Papa_Wisdom

Does ps3 emulation work on Linux? I’d be very interested to see if they could get it working on a modded ps5 and in what kind of state it would run.

Who knows come a couple of years time a jail broken ps5 could become the definitive PlayStation.

Does ps3 emulation work on Linux?

yep, RPCS3 has a linux port I have tested games with 5600g cpu on my main PC(linux mint) and its very popular emulate ps3 in steamdeck(wich uses linux), actually lot of people run this emulator with integrated graphics, there is for example this video from 4 years ago with a ryzen3 2200g, the emulator is updated very often so even what you see here has improved in the same hardware

SaintALia

I always laugh at this, one of my friends bought an R4 for DS years ago and I asked him if it was just to pirate games and he said it was for homebrew. To my knowledge, it was never used for anything but pirate games.

Saying homebrew has such a thin veneer of respectability, that I can't believe anyone says it, nobody believes it. 😂
Yeah, but it legitimizes talk of piracy on forums like these where it's banned. Like an emulator thread where everyone agrees that everything is on the up and up and where 95% of people are downloading and running bootleg software.

It's like whatever at this point. When a console is cracked, we all know what it's gonna be used for. Though, in MVG's case, I'm guessing it's part piracy(probably just to see what the system can do), but mostly actual homebrew and fucking around.

Mattyp

Gold Member
And it received extended support until last year.

Unfortunately, regardless of what date you want to take both are a far cry from 2009.

It still receives malware updates over windows update even now every few days (I still run 7)

Topher

Gold Member
You need an Intel i9 20th gen jiggle lake cpu to run ps5 emulated with avx8192 instructions.
Chris Pratt What GIF

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This might be the first Jailbreak ever that I don't give a shit about

and I say this as someone with a softmodded PSX and PS2, Jailbroken PSP, VITA, PS3 and PS TV

Hopefully it will be able to run Retroarch (properly) unlike the PS4

Drew1440

Good News, hopefully RPCS3 will be ported over, one console that can play five generations of PlayStation games without the need for a streaming subscription.

Pejo

Always fun to see this kind of thing, but with PS5 I have to wonder a bit, why all the effort? The platform only has a small handful of exclusive games, and to my knowledge, there aren't any PSN exclusive digital only titles, like old PS360 era store locked digital titles. Other than the obvious and unspoken reason to do this, I don't see the point.

Maybe it'll be worth it for the 100 people that have PSVR2 and are hoping for homebrew people to bring game support across? That's a lot of "ifs" that have to line up in a row though.

Top Bottom