• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

MormaPope

Banned
He has 8 other working 360's. If his account was banned then that would be a different story.

Not trying to sound overly suspicious, but having 8 working 360's almost implies that he does some sort of modding and such. What mods he worked on/installed is a another story.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Maybe he uses all those Xbox 360s as an alternative form of central heating for his home. You guys are way too judgemental.

Amagon

He has 8 other working 360's. If his account was banned then that would be a different story.

T0aDHhv.gif

malfcn

I must have just missed making detective because I found stuff too. The last OP also said he shared a SR4th season pass with a friend.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I really do wonder: is circumventing region to buy a game from another country bannable? That's kind of ridiculous.

No. Circumventing region to use exploits to get games for free isn't usually bannable on Xbox Live either. That may have changed recently but the evidence thus far is inconclusive/shit.

cj_iwakura

That's not the matter at hand here, the last thread like this ended with the OP being a pirate, not for circumventing region haha

I gathered that after the fact, but that part of their policy stood out.
(Also didn't mean to spark drama with my initial comment, but as someone who imports games a lot, you can see why this would get to me.)

demolitio

I never caught up with the last thread before it blew up so can someone give me a quick rundown as to what the detectives found? :p

Squire

Banned
Doesn't seem like now is the best time to start banning people for this type of stuff with next-gen right around the cornet. I don't think MS want a lot of angry people with their only console banned going into next gen.

No, I think it's more like the fact the Xbox One is about to come out doesn't mean MS should turn the other cheek when people try to game the system.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I fully expect this thread to be a goldmine of .gifs.
Don't limit yourself to the usual jingle, people!

(9 working xboxes? 'thehell)

He has that many 360's because he's an achievement whore. So am I, but to a lesser degree. Most achievement whores who have over 200,000 gamerscore have multiple consoles to make getting achievements easier and faster. 8 is a little excessive but multiple consoles is not out of the ordinary for whores.

He has that many 360's because he's an achievement whore. So am I, but to a lesser degree. Most achievement whores who have over 200,000 gamerscore have multiple consoles to make getting achievements easier and faster. 8 is a little excessive but multiple consoles is not out of the ordinary for whores.

Does he buy 8 copies of every game, too?

cj_iwakura

Uh, aren't achievements linked to a profile?

That's still a little strange to me

statham

yea this will end like the other thread.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I really do wonder: is circumventing region to buy a game from another country bannable? That's kind of ridiculous.

I have no idea where this is coming from. No, buying a game from another region does not entitle a ban. As far as I know it, a lot, if not a good amount of the stuff on xbox 360 is region locked, so you most likely wouldn't be able to download a japanese game unless you had another 360. It's circumventing the region's pricing (aka getting something for free when in our land it costs money) is the major thing some people are overlooking here.

What if the console he bought was used? Though it's weird that it was just hit now, maybe he never uses it online?

Squire

Banned

...wat

Good lord. Does he use his feet?

I gathered that after the fact, but that part of their policy stood out.
(Also didn't mean to spark drama with my initial comment, but as someone who imports games a lot, you can see why this would get to me.)

No biggie haha i'm glad to see we're on the same page now as i see you quoted the OP again like i did hahah

joe2187

Banned

Please explain how owning multiple consoles allows you to gain achievements across one account?

cj_iwakura

I have no idea where this is coming from. No, buying a game from another region does not entitle a ban. As far as I know it, a lot, if not a good amount of the stuff on xbox 360 is region locked, so you most likely wouldn't be able to download a japanese game unless you had another 360. It's circumventing the region's pricing (aka getting something for free when in our land it costs money) is the major thing some people are overlooking here.

Well the quote in the OP did say 'content', which is why I ask.

Vamphuntr

Well to be fair it's more like a abusing a glitch than "buying". There would be no reason for people in NA or Europe to make account for regions that are not supported by Xbox Live like China and Oman. For some reason games appear free on these but there isn't supposed to be an Xbox Live service there.

Even then I doubt they ban you for this anyway unless you abuse it every single time.

Top Bottom