• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

8 working 360s. 8 copies of a game for boosting achievements. I don't even....... Well it would be 9 if that one console didn't get banned.

Lemstar

9 Xboxes and 9 copies of each game? And that smells right to you?
I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. I'm not particularly interested in achievements/gamerscore, so I think it's a frivolous way of spending disposable income, but there's no explicit reason for me to assume that he's involved in piracy.

No, is because this happens every single damn time and we had a whole thread about it less than a week ago.
True story. Still, it's a little creepy how gleeful people seem to be about the prospect of latching on to the 9 Xbox thing as a clear-cut solution.

Yup first thing i did when GAF did on the last update. Great for those oh so sleepless nights!
Just saw your name lol.

But lets not get distracted here...

8?! For achievement boosting???

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

SummitAve

Banned
I'm sure you could find some old ass games that are dirt cheap to get 8 copies of, but still the effort and capital involved with this type of operation is reserved for the clinically insane.

MormaPope

Banned
"Achievement whore" isn't a good explanation. Not at all.

If he tried to share Rayman Legends among his 8 consoles that would be why he was banned, potentially.

flkraven

I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. I'm not particularly interested in achievements/gamerscore, so I think it's a frivolous way of spending disposable income, but there's no explicit reason for me to assume that he's involved in piracy.

True story. Still, it's a little creepy how gleeful people seem to be about the prospect of latching on to the 9 Xbox thing as a clear-cut solution.

No, but its a fairly reliable stereotype. Occam's razor. Guy posts a thread about being banned from a fairly-reliable service. Turns out he owns 9 working Xboxes. In my experience, the only people I have met that have owned more than 3 Xboxes in a household have been modders. Ergo, red flag.

Ghazi

How do you people know he doesn't have 8 siblings? If you were one of them you'd be bitching about it's a pain in the ass to share a low number of Xboxes. OP's friend is a true American Hero.

god there is ALWAYS a twist

i love these threads so much

and the op always plays it off so nonchelantly

oh whatever you guys dont have 8 xboxes? losers, thought you were hardcore

Mohonky

Fucking these threads deliver everytime. No matter what board it is, whenever I see 'why did I / my friend get banned' there is always more to the story and in every single case I have ever seen, the ban was warranted.

MormaPope

Banned

No, the problem is the OP created a thread with the intention of spreading info he just got. The info he got could be complete horse shit, OP then decided to post the thread. Without elaboration people don't know if they're in danger of getting their account banned for the Oman/Bosnia stuff.

Causing fear at whim, along with not presenting certain information, shady or not, should be frowned upon. 8 Xbox's isn't normal, it isn't damning, it isn't morally bad, it simply isn't normal. It might be piracy, it might be software/hardware manipulation, who knows what the other Xbox's are used for.

Creating mystery on accident or purposely is dumb.

So can we get this almighty achievement gamertag, so we can see all his achievements?

No. I posted my tag, I'm not posting his. I didn't ask for anyone to figure out what happened, I said what happened. His console got banned for downloading Rayman Legends from the Bosnia marketplace. Just thought all the people who did the same thing might want a heads up.

If we take it at face value, people are crazy saying it's fair to be banned.

There's always threads at GAF about offers on different accounts, the idea that it's correct to lose a paid subscription for that is harsh.

If he's a pirate, well yeah.

No. I posted my tag, I'm not posting his. I didn't ask for anyone to figure out what happened, I said what happened. His console got banned for downloading Rayman Legends from the Bosnia marketplace. Just thought all the people who did the same thing might want a heads up.

You have absolutely ZERO proof that this happened

Riggs

Banned

Wario wants the ban message, 4K resolution is preferable.

So none of his consoles were modded?

sn00zer

Yeah we had a similar thread with the exact same thing, turned out the guy was pirating games....im fairly certain consoles getting banned because of the Bosnian thing actually have a host of other offenses that cant be inherently proven like boosting, so they just ban for something they can prove

Truespeed

We can choose to believe this:
  • Presumably for downloading Rayman Legends

Or roll the dice and pick one of these correct answers:
  • Presumably for achievement boosting
  • Presumably for pirating games
  • Presumably for making threats or harassing users
  • Presumably for marketplace theft
  • Presumably for trying to obtain personal information

statham

it didnot get banned for that. stop spreading fud.

You THINK it got banned for that.

You don't actually know shit though.

geomon

544.gif

dmr87

Ycw.gif

Ryaaan14

Banned
Get the fucking red username jury in here

Then why even post it? there's no point, if other's were getting banned, there would be a huge outcry, no one else has so there was no point in starting this thread

tensuke

...He said, as I sip my rum waiting for free Rayman Origins to finish downloading on my Vita.

But 8/9 consoles? And multiple copies of the same game? Just to boost gamerscore? Is it...that important?

Well shit, no I don't know for 100% why his xbox got banned. But unless he's lying, thats what it is. You guys want 100% proof? Good luck with that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
skeptical-dogauk86.jpg

We're going nowhere. You or your friend would have been better off making this thread on the official forums.

Top Bottom