• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

Why are you firing shots, posting half-truths, refusing to give out accurate information, and being a complete dick about the whole thing? What is the point of making accusations without proof? Because you know it will go the same way it ALWAYS does when people actually do 5 minutes of research?

Either provide some more information or request a mod to lock this thread.

This.

TrueGrime

It's not out of the realm of reason that MS just might start cracking down on the region exploits. Especially if you're milking it for all it's worth.

Why are you firing shots, posting half-truths, refusing to give out accurate information, and being a complete dick about the whole thing? What is the point of making accusations without proof? Because you know it will go the same way it ALWAYS does when people actually do 5 minutes of research?

Either provide some more information or request a mod to lock this thread.

Listen. I posted what I believe to be what happened. If I was lied to and that's not the case, then so be it. But I was just putting it out there, thinking that that the other thousands of people who did the same thing might want a heads up. You guys are just working on the assumption that I'm lying when I'm not. I can't help it if you guys don't believe me and think there is more to the story when there isn't. And if there IS, I don't know what it is. So either way I'm not lying. Ban me, lock the thread, whatever. Just trying to spread the word.

Silky

Banned
Listen. I posted what I believe to be what happened. If I was lied to and that's not the case, then so be it. But I was just putting it out there, thinking that that the other thousands of people who did the same thing might want a heads up. You guys are just working on the assumption that I'm lying when I'm not. I can't help it if you guys don't believe me and think there is more to the story when there isn't. And if there IS, I don't know what it is. So either way I'm not lying. Ban me, lock the thread, whatever. Just trying to spread the word.

Why would you go with a secondhand party's comment and believe it to be factual without any proof, bruh. If he was shady with proof, then...I don't think it was a good idea to make this thread without evidence, honestly.

For the record I don't think you're lying. I just think you're gullible and kinda stupid.

You're spreading FUD and misinformation. That's all. And you know it. Don't act innocent.

BigDug13

TO not steal games......yeah it is a easy choice

That choice is always easy. But extreme punishments for perceived acts on one side still sways your direction when the other guy isn't extreme. MS banned a guy for saying he's from Ft Gay, West Virginia. A real place.

Sorry but why support knee jerk extreme punishments?

Stratostar

KanyeShrugSmiley1.png

Are you from KTT? I wish more of my homies there came to GAF... :cryfam:

geomon

tumblr_mmhoytMlhc1r0u26co1_500.gif

iammeiam

Love how everyone in this thread is just dismissing this. Fuck man I'm freaking out.

Well part of my thing is--if you're somebody who is doing content sharing or otherwise ripping off the marketplace, you're probably also pretty likely to take advantage of the marketplace exploits. They could be reversing their stance on the exploits and starting bans with Oman or wherever, or they could just be hitting marketplace scammers who take place in exploits.

adj_noun

Well part of my thing is--if you're somebody who is doing content sharing or otherwise ripping off the marketplace, you're probably also pretty likely to take advantage of the marketplace exploits. They could be reversing their stance on the exploits and starting bans with Oman or wherever, or they could just be hitting marketplace scammers who take place in exploits.

Looking at it, yeah, it certainly could be tied to other stuff.

TrueGrime

Please tell me this is a joke, release dates are agreements with retailers not consumers.

That is the craziest shit I have ever heard.

Please tell me one case where it is okay to play a game while your console is connected online before the street date release.

Well, I know who it is. Apparently only his dummy account with Rayman downloaded was banned (along with the console) and the same happened to one of his friends.

MormaPope

Banned
If I get banned for Bosnia/Injustice goodies, I'll sure as shit post as many details as possible. I'm sure other Gaffers will as well. Cause if I get account/console banned for getting freebies when I've been 100% legitimate, I'll make the stinkiest stink that could be stinked.

As of now though there is no reason to worry.

Lima

It still is kinda worrying. Marketplace theft bans are usually very very rare. Now looking trough the last posts on the xbox support forum there are a lot of people that got banned for marketplace theft. There is a clear rise in bans for marketplace theft over the last two weeks ever since we've known about this starting with Costa Rica and Injustice.

This is too much coincidence if you ask me. If I get banned for this ( I was the thread creator for Oman here on GAF) you will know we are going to hell for this.

He has 8 other working 360's. If his account was banned then that would be a different story.
That's it I don't need to read anymore of the thread because you have now fully convinced me that your friend's ban was unjust. He's 8 times as loyal to Xbox as your average gamer, I mean come ON, MS.

Top Bottom