• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

big_z

He has 8 other working 360's. If his account was banned then that would be a different story.

Wtf? I'm guessing some of those are modded and or he copied rayman across them which is bannable.

I just read the first two pages and I have to ask, why does everyone seem so aggressive?

95% of the time the person claiming the ban is lying about something and is looking for pitty or someone/something else to blame. Plus we just had one of these threads from a pirate so everyone is still jacked up.

e3m88

Banned
He just got kicked offline and message me that his system was banned. His account didn't get banned though which is a little unusual for situations like this. He used the Bosnia account trick to get the game for free. Also it is written in the terms of service:

"Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

Doesn't seem like now is the best time to start banning people for this type of stuff with next-gen right around the cornet. I don't think MS want a lot of angry people with their only console banned going into next gen.

Edit: Sigh, his second account is HeedlessZebra36 which did get banned. Along with the xbox the game was downloaded to.

I have this game for steam. I'm safe. I'm next gen. SteamOS is the future. thank you.

devilhawk

Okay, question: Why would one "cheat" their game score? what significance does it have in xbox, and why would someone go through the trouble of cheating their own score. What do they stand to gain from it?

I don't own an xbox so i am curious. Is this like the equivalent to someone figuring out a way to cheat their user lvl on steam? I'm level 11 on steam and all that means is i spent some money on video games. I really dont get much out of increasing my steam level.
Was there not a recent raffle contest that used trophies or gamer score as currency?

BillyBats

Banned
I can understand banning someone for content "theft", but to ban a user for playing a game early... Wtf. There needs to be a bigger backlash against MS for this shit.

This shit exists because people just can't simply use a product and follow simple rules. These are the people that have caused all this shit to begin with, the reason why we have to have TOS' the length of a football field. Everyone knows why companies have rules about breaking street dates. "Ah, just let them do it..." We can't anymore. When people find an inch, they take a foot, a foot a mile and so on. Have you NOT been in the Origin price glitch thread, the famous Oman thread, the mis priced ads threads, and the hundreds of other glitch threads?

People are looking to fuck you over, especially a large company because M$, the Man, corporate greed etc. It's one thing if you're talking about 100 people, it's another when you're talking about 30 plus million. No one has the manpower available to go over every single simple rule breaker. That's why they have the ToS. You break it, you're fucked. You can't understand it, pound sand, fuck off, there's a million more behind you that aren't breaking the rules and need our help. I said it in the other thread. Did you get banned, did I get banned, no...why...because we follow the simple rules and use the product as intended. Only I have to be fucked over by ToS' and pages of rules because fucking morons NEED to be morons.

Cool story bro time. These people that skate the rules and can't keep it in their pants remind me of the fucktards I have the displeasure to work with. I have a salaried position in an insurance office. We USED to be able to take an hour lunch without clocking in or out and at any time. We could even take 2 hour lunches here and there, just don't abuse it. Well, guess what the fuck happens? The fucktards, like all these asshole gamers that just can't help but be a moron, decide to leave for 5 hours here, 4 hours there. Whelp, they got caught. Now what, we have to clock in and out, have designated times, HAVE to be in 5 minutes before the lunch is over or be written up etc. etc. etc.

Basically, stop with the bullshit. Yes, you ARE fucking it up for the rest of us that just want to be a normal human being and not a modder, hacker, pirate, early playing, scammer maaaan.

Riggs

Banned
This shit exists because people just can't simply use a product and follow simple rules. These are the people that have caused all this shit to begin with, the reason why we have to have TOS' the length of a football field. Everyone knows why companies have rules about breaking street dates. "Ah, just let them do it..." We can't anymore. When people find an inch, they take a foot, a foot a mile and so on. Have you NOT been in the Origin price glitch thread, the famous Oman thread, the mis priced ads threads, and the hundreds of other glitch threads?

People are looking to fuck you over, especially a large company because M$, the Man, corporate greed etc. It's one thing if you're talking about 100 people, it's another when you're talking about 30 plus million. No one has the manpower available to go over every single simple rule breaker. That's why they have the ToS. You break it, you're fucked. You can't understand it, pound sand, fuck off, there's a million more behind you that aren't breaking the rules and need our help. I said it in the other thread. Did you get banned, did I get banned, no...why...because we follow the simple rules and use the product as intended. Only I have to be fucked over by ToS' and pages of rules because fucking morons NEED to be morons.

Cool story bro time. These people that skate the rules and can't keep it in their pants remind me of the fucktards I have the displeasure to work with. I have a salaried position in an insurance office. We USED to be able to take an hour lunch without clocking in or out and at any time. We could even take 2 hour lunches here and there, just don't abuse it. Well, guess what the fuck happens? The fucktards, like all these asshole gamers that just can't help but be a moron, decide to leave for 5 hours here, 4 hours there. Whelp, they got caught. Now what, we have to clock in and out, have designated times, HAVE to be in 5 minutes before the lunch is over or be written up etc. etc. etc.

Basically, stop with the bullshit. Yes, you ARE fucking it up for the rest of us that just want to be a normal human being and not a modder, hacker, pirate, early playing, scammer maaaan.

wow dude, you sound fucking mental.

Btw I've played 1 game early (GTA V), in the 25 years I've been gaming. So sorry for fucking up the world for you, I hope god can forgive the low life piece of shit people like me when we die. Is there a heaven for a G?

Anyway ..... get some help bro, we here for you.

I guess I'm the only one here that things otherwise unless it is a beta. I would think that if it didn't matter to the gaming world then we'd be free to buy and play as soon as the game came off the factory line.

Small edit.
If a store or someone is selling it early, and you buy a legit copy, why shouldn't you be able to play it?

A couple of years ago I bought the first inFAMOUS 5 days before release cause a SEARS was selling it early. Why should I not be able to play it if I bought it?

Riggs

Banned
If a store or someone is selling it early, and you buy a legit copy, why shouldn't you be able to play it?

A couple of years ago I bought the first inFAMOUS 5 days before release cause a SEARS was selling it early. Why should I not be able to play it if I bought it?

YOUR FUCKING IT UP, FOR ALL OF USSSSS!!

BlazinAm

This is going to be a clusterfuck of a thread and it's MICROSOFTS fault- not the gamers.
Don't telll me about ToS I don't give a shit, I don't want to hear it.

It's 2013, the internet is fucking here. I type this post from Australia, land of the angry fucking gamer, shafted and buttfucked by publishers / manufacturers worldwide, region locking stuff, be it youtube videos, games, dlc or whatever? It's bullshit. Changing prices from one region to another? bullshit. It's frustrating and stupid. With the internet we know how much shit costs in other countries now, we're talking openly and constantly with each other.

Why should X get a bargain and not Y? why should A pay twice the price of B? All this stuff pisses the consumer off.
Yeah no doubt this guy broke the ToS - so ban the fucking account which downloaded the game at worst, NOT the fucking console. and as someone said, this is a VERY dumb time to be banning people who are making that big decision - PS4 or Xbox One (sure Sony might do the same thing but doesn't mean it won't sway them)

I've said this before but I went from being a dumbass pirate last generation and for decades on my PC to becoming a legitimate gamer for the last 7 years. Why? because I can import PS3 games at a genuinely reasonable price. I now own at least 40 maybe 50 games. Average price I paid? Probably $35 US each. I'm happy with that figure. Not paying fucking $80 to $110 US each. Do you know what would happen if I HAD to pay $80 US per game? I'd stop fucking gaming.
Stop fucking people and they'll stop trying to find loopholes and for fucks sake don't ban someones entire console because they made a pretty stupid mistake, ban the fucking account and revoke access to the game. Can't do that remotely? Then fucking patch and fix the system so you can.
Ridiculous, $200 brick produced due to silly policy.

Then stop gaming and find something else.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just read the first two pages and I have to ask, why does everyone seem so aggressive?

There was a massive thread just like this the other day where the OP ended up being a pirate pretending to be innocent. Just weariness, lol.

He asked me not to post his name which I will not do because he asked. I can't stop any of you guys from posting it, but I would ask that you didn't. It's not like it will change anything if you know his gamertag.

They were asking you if it was a special Star Wars R2D2 Xbox, it has nothing to do with his gamertag

TrueGrime

I guess is because you can't trust people not to be malicious about playing a game early. I know Rockstar didn't intend GTA 5 for an early release date and that's why Sony bit the bullet for the leak fiasco that happened.

On one spectrum, it's shitty for the consumer to get banned for having legitimately purchased a copy of a game. On the other side, I can see why companies and developers would be angry with content being leaked early.

TOYCOFFIN

Banned

Because on a forum like this some people seem to immediately assume people are going around pirating games like they are madmen...ironically I'm sure a vast majority of people doing that have pirated things too.

smurfx

get some go again
There was similar thread a couple days ago where the OP admitted to pirating games on another forum. People are just skeptical.
being skeptical is fine but trying to steer the thread into one direction just to get the op banned is b.s.

Ryaaan14

Banned

GOD DAMN.

You know most TOS' will just make you check a box and move right the fuck along right? Are you really that pissed off and inconvenienced by them?

I assumed he was asking that because he figured the gamertag out. Yes it was an r2d2 console. Not sure why that matters...

RIP R2D2...

Seems the Oman backlash is real. I am betting Major Nelson is behind this, lol :eek:

I am scared to turn on my 360. Why did I download those shitty games...everyone was talking about how this wasn´t a bannable offense...why did I believe it, I should have known this was fishy from the start...

Bleeether

wow dude, you sound fucking mental.

Btw I've played 1 game early (GTA V), in the 25 years I've been gaming. So sorry for fucking up the world for you, I hope god can forgive the low life piece of shit people like me when we die. Is there a heaven for a G?

Anyway ..... get some help bro, we here for you.

I LOL'ed. r.i.p 2pac

sibarraz

Banned
judging for the gamertag, could be one of those chinese accounts that gave you 4000 points for really cheap? a friend bought lot of them and the tags were really weurd, I ven remember one of them being a zebra lol

Ce-Lin

I don't think MS want a lot of angry people with their only console banned going into next gen.

"angry people" ? let's see, if you deliberately steal a game and get caught in the process you shouldn't feel angry, you should feel ashamed and embarrassed. It's not like the ban wasn't fair.

What the shit does that have to do with this guy? Like I said...jump to conclusions.

You believe these companies don't have relatively sophisticated systems in place to find these people?

You think they pluck names out of a hat and have cock fights with each chicken representing a name, then the name attached to the dead chicken gets banned?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
That is the craziest shit I have ever heard.

Please tell me one case where it is okay to play a game while your console is connected online before the street date release.

Grand theft auto V is the most recent example

judging for the gamertag, could be one of those chinese accounts that gave you 4000 points for really cheap? a friend bought lot of them and the tags were really weurd, I ven remember one of them being a zebra lol

the account "HeedlessZebra36" has 0 gamerscore.

Ocaso

"angry people" ? let's see, if you deliberately steal a game and get caught in the process you shouldn't feel angry, you should feel ashamed and embarrassed. It's not like the ban wasn't fair.

As was said a myriad of times, getting something which is provided for free isn't stealing. It may be taking advantage of human error, it may be unethical, it may be a violation of Terms of Service, but it is not stealing.

DarkCloud

Strange though. People say they've been doing this for years without any recourse. If they are banning for marketplace stuff, I wonder what triggered it.

Probably the fact this wasn't just hopping onto a foreign live marketplace to download a game. This was making an account in a region with no marketplace at all to abuse the fact that certain items had no value set because they were never supposed to be on sale there.

If people ARE getting banned for Oman you can bet your ass ubisoft is the one pushing it and I wouldn't blame them. Rayman Origins sold like ass on the 360 (and everywhere else). The sequel did not need any help undercutting sales on the 360 due to a glitch. If the game had been out a few months they likely might not have minded much...but within a week? Yeah that's bound to piss them off.

BlazinAm

It wasn't okay to do so, even though MS was banning for it and Sony wasn't. Rockstar itself did not intend for copies of GTA to be released before the street date.

I think they were banning people who were releasing footage ahead of the release date given that so many people had copies of the game before the date anyway.

Top Bottom