• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iggy Azalea Doesn't Think Hip-Hop Gives Her Enough Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like every mainstream artist in the industry gets hated on. People might dog on Nicki for her clown persona, but I dont think she's experienced the level of public and internet mockery Drake's been privy to.

Outside of memes of his wheelchair Degrassi days and being a softy, does Drake get criticized for his looks? Na. What about being female? Na.

How many male rap artists can you list? I bet you can list a lot. Well, anyone who listens to hip hop can. It's really odd how a female artist who's made it in hip hop is so bad people would listen to Nickleback.

Hip hop isn't female inclusive. It's male dominated (probably more so than gaming). The fact that in main stream (and underground) females are bitches and hoes probably doesn't support a positive environment for women.

SaviorX

You dont have to be American to add to the culture! Nelly Furtado was the truth

Nelly-Furtado-11.jpg

Daughty daughty ding ding

Outside of memes of his wheelchair Degrassi days and being a softy, does Drake get criticized for his looks?

Eh, Lil Kim and Nicki opened themselves up to that criticism with their deliberately over the top fashion sense. Nobody really went in on people like Rah Digga or Lauryn Hill for their looks. Missy Elliot got tons of respect from rap heads and her peers in the industry.

RP912

Banned
What the hell is this lyte ass fool talking bout? Too much salt from this brat, no peppa.

Queen latifa
L boogie
Missy
Lil Kim
Foxy brown
Left eye
Yoyo

Hell, monies love. Then about 3 more others.

Iggy can close the door after lady of rage has a seat.

Jean Grae?

jWILL253

Banned
Point is Iggy is criticized indirectly for being a female: fake butt, hips, make-up, etc..

No. She's criticized for being a culture-appropriating, racist, style-biting, accent-faking, culture-disrespecting clown. Also, there are plenty of female MC's who are respected and considered pioneers of the artform.

If you're gonna criticize Hip-Hop, at least get your facts straight.

Let's not compare Nicki to Iggy.

The way I see it.

Nicki's hate (as she's pointed out time and time again across various social networks) comes from people who don't even like the genre and they hate Nicki flaunting her sexuality (but it being okay for super models to do so in magazines).

Iggy's hate comes from people who like the genre and feel (for better or worse) she's garbage. Where as her fans aren't particularly fans of the genre but rather they just like Iggy.

Iggy puts her ginormous ass out there like it's the star of the show so of course she's going to get reactions on it, both positive and negative, and lets not forget a lot of those very same people clowning Iggy on her looks also clown Biggie, Jay Z, Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, KRS One and countless others on their looks.

Mesoian

Point is Iggy is criticized indirectly for being a female: fake butt, hips, make-up, etc..

I mean, I make fun of Drake for being fake all the time.

I understand what you're saying, the double negative isn't fair. Iggy is still terrible though. I will fight the double standards battle on the Bjork front

Kusagari

Almost everyone in rap gets ragged on excessively. Females obviously get it far worse, but your average male rapper in general gets far more hate and questioning than they would in another genre.

No. She's criticized for being a culture-appropriating, racist, style-biting, accent-faking, culture-disrespecting clown. Also, there are plenty of female MC's who are respected and considered pioneers of the artform.

If you're gonna criticize Hip-Hop, at least get your facts straight.

Yes. What about the male hip hop artists who are misogynistic, racist, homophobic? Oh right... that's Eminem. Notorious BIG? Li'l Wayne?

You list all these things but I'm sure you don't bat an eye to their failings.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
She's not amazing, but she's pretty good.

She's just terrible at having opinions about things.

You can't put out one album and expect everyone to give you respect. Yes it's been successful, but there have been plenty of one and done rappers.

If she wants people to respect her she should keep quiet and just release more hits.

overcast

She's dumb-as-fuck in her opinions, but Azealia Banks shits on pretty much every new rapper in the game right now, male or female.
Wow, not even close to true. You can say she's better than Iggy, cause that's fact. But goddamn.

Furtado looking great.

IrishNinja

brat, rah digga, bahamida, lyte, missy, early kim, some eve, gangsta boo - lotta good female MC's not even counting lauryn, some of ya'll talkin shit

azella is a human dumpster fire but put out a decent LP too

anyway iggy might be trash but that's the kinda attitude you need to have in hip hop regardless, to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom