• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iggy Azalea Doesn't Think Hip-Hop Gives Her Enough Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have people forgotten about Jean Grae?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lHuY7RMHqk

maxresdefault.jpg

Black Widow is one of her best songs, but that's primarily because Katy Perry penned the monster hit while Fashion Icon Rita Ora donated her vocals.

Work is cute, too, tbh.

Squire

Banned
A predominantly mysogonastic black male culture is not going to give a white woman(or any woman) their due credit anytime soon. I'm not sure what the litmus for "good" rap is, I leave that to the Internet experts, but she's a very talented woman that's climbed her way to the top in a short time that is heavily scrutinized.

*misogynistic

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I think she has some pretty good stuff. She's dumb, but so are a lot of musicians. I'd rather listen to her than her male equivalent.

Pretty faint praise I know, but the hate seems outsized compared to like... the tons of other worse pop stars who aren't even a novelty.

megamerican

Pretty rare that someone is this dead set on burning up all their goodwill within a year of blowing up.

Given how she sounds live, most of her "talent" comes from her writers / producers, she needs to be more gracious.

I think she's pop enough to transition. she'll have a much longer stay than Kreyshawn, but yeah, I see this recent year as definitely being her biggest.

I honestly don't see it. Her biggest hits aren't because of her but rather the talent singing the hooks. It's going to be tough unless she decides to create an album full of XCX, Rita, and others singing the hooks for all the songs.

Ivan 3414

I honestly don't see it. Her biggest hits aren't because of her but rather the talent singing the hooks. It's going to be tough unless she decides to create an album full of XCX, Rita, and others singing the hooks for all the songs.

If Flo Rida and Pitbull still have careers then I'm sure Iggy will still be around

what type of procedure did she have done to her ass?

it doesn't look natural compared to the rest of her body

are there like implants in her ass cheeks or did they move body fat around?

Point is Iggy is criticized indirectly for being a female: fake butt, hips, make-up, etc..

she is criticized largely for just sounding in general like a moron along with the cultural appropriation her entire career is built upon.

the work she had done to her body doesn't help in some ways.

she is attractive though. I'm not a fan of hers but she looks sexually appealing. she has a phat ass and is cute in the face.

people should go after her for her poor taste, not her being a girl.

NeoROCK

Iggy Azalea > Drake > Wocka Flocka > Wiz Khalifa > Nicki Minaj

Iggy was on 3 of the biggest hits in 2014.

"Fancy", "Black Widow", and her song with Ariana Grande "Problem"……. all dominated the charts and got a lot of play.

A predominantly mysogonastic black male culture is not going to give a white woman(or any woman) their due credit anytime soon. I'm not sure what the litmus for "good" rap is, I leave that to the Internet experts, but she's a very talented woman that's climbed her way to the top in a short time that is heavily scrutinized.
Yea...no. She isn't taleted: she can't rap, can't sing, doesn't write her own lyrics, is a bad live performer, etc. She didn't climb anywhere, she was given a hit hook and 500 radio spins a week thanks to the label.

There are plenty of good to great female rappers. Iggy isn't one of them.

NeoROCK

Is this from most horrible to sometimes decent?
iVIOnQQBVXxWx.gif

They're all terrible by my standards. I used to love Hip hop… grew up during the golden age in the 90s.

Now I hate it. Can't stand all these rappers today. Straight garbage.

but out of all of them, I actually kind of like Iggy Azalea.

royalan

They're all terrible by my standards. I used to love Hip hop… grew up during the golden age in the 90s.

You grew up during the "golden age" of Hip-Hop...

...but now, out of all the different scenes and all the different rappers that are active today, Iggy Azalea is the only rapper you think is good?

iusqAwxWbjXnJ.gif

Rembrandt

Banned

I was just going to say I could see her collabing with Charli and shit. idek what lane her and rita are in? failed pop stars that still manage to be somewhat popular?

Apparently not only is this pre-written, but she didn't even have the decency to have like a pocket goto "freestyle." She's just reciting lyrics from a song on her album, lol.

Also kinda weird hearing here oscillate between real and fake speech patterns.

Granted, a lot of rappers end up spitting verses from upcoming songs off albums/mixtapes. unless she actually spit the verse to an already released song, then lol.

Dali

I was just going to say I could see her collabing with Charli and shit. idek what lane her and rita are in? failed pop stars that still manage to be somewhat popular?

Granted, a lot of rappers end up spitting verses from upcoming songs off albums/mixtapes. unless she actually spit the verse to an already released song, then lol.
Kidd kradick's radio show covered her quote Friday morning. They also played the sway "freestyle." One of the hosts said it's just one of her songs that has already been released. I don't listen to her so I can't confirm.

Rembrandt

Banned
Kidd kradick's radio show covered her quote Friday morning. They also played the sway "freestyle." One of the hosts said it's just one of her songs that has already been released. I don't listen to her so I can't confirm.

I just doubled check and the song she took the verse from didn't come out for like a year after. not gonna give her flak for that one. Tons of rappers have pulled that.

edit: never mind, I think some version of the song was actually out, so lol.

I'm gonna need GAFHop to come collect because this is the most embarrassing thing I have ever heard on this site. You grew up in the golden ages of hip hop in the 90's but Iggy..

Not Kanye, not Kendrick, not Drake, not Childish, not every other underground rapper, not any battle rappers, not any indie Rappers.....

.. Just Iggy?

ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.gif

Dali

I'm gonna need GAFHop to come collect because this is the most embarrassing thing I have ever heard on this site. You grew up in the golden ages of hip hop in the 90's but Iggy..

Not Kanye, not Kendrick, not Drake, not Childish, not every other underground rapper, not any battle rappers, not any indie Rappers.....

.. Just Iggy?

ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.if
Dude is obviously trolling. You don't grow up listening to Atliens, The Diary(scarface), illmatic, Enter the 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, All Eyes on Me, The Chronic, E. 1999, Ready to Die, Space Age Pimpin', etc, and say something like that without being super obvious as a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom