• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Stealth Inc 2 coming to X1/PS3/PS4/Vita/PC next month.

ekim

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/steal...ng_to_xbox_playstation_and_pc_next_month.html

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones is coming to Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PS Vita and PC in early April, Curve Digital has announced.

All versions will be released simultaneously, although a price and exact release date have yet to be announced.

Stealth Inc 2 expands on the original's stealth-platforming with a new Metroidvania-style world and customisable characters. The game originally released as a Wii U exclusive last October.

Memory

No need to double dip so I'll pass unless it comes to PSN for free at somepoint. I do want to know if these versions will have co-op though, since its impossible to replicate the Wii U versions amazing co-op I'm curious to see if they have cut it out or change the format.

Oddduck

Lately, I've been wondering if Wii U's indie support is that big of a deal when Shovel Knight, Scram Kitty, and Stealth Inc 2 are appearing on other consoles so soon.

I guess Wii U still has Affordable Space Adventures and Armillo as exclusives.

Lately, I've been wondering if Wii U's indie support is that big of a deal when Shovel Knight, Scram Kitty, and Stealth Inc 2 are appearing on other consoles so soon.

Personally I am happy Wii U got these games to begin with so I really don't mind how soon they land on other platforms. Actually the more people get to enjoy these games the better.

VLiberty

Obligatory whycantiholdallthisvitagames.png

Definitely looking forward to this.

It's already a big of a deal if you got those games exclusive in the first place. Exclusivity is a rare thing among indie games.

B4s5C

Personally I am happy Wii U got these games to begin with so I really don't mind how soon they land on other platforms. Actually the more people get to enjoy these games the better.

That is the right attitude to have! I greatly enjoyed the game on Wii U so its going to be even better that I can discuss with some of my friends who only have PCs and PS4s.

It was released on Wii U last year.

I don't think Wii U counts, just PS4 does.

So wait, some people thought this was going to stay exclusive? lol. This was always in the cards, most people predicted it when they first announced the game.

Anyway, good for them. Taking a moneyhat from Nintendo for timed exclusivity isn't a common approach but I hope it pays off for them.

weekev

Banned
Its a great game highly recommend it to anyone on the fence. Its got some real portal style sardonic humour and the puzzles are really well thought out.

Velurian

The name thing is confusing.
On pc this game is called Stealth Bastard and thats a much better name imo.
Liked the first one!

phanphare

Banned

indies generally want to be on everything, even if sales were good. actually the fact that they're appearing on other consoles so soon might be a testament to their sales on Wii U. I know Shovel Knight did really well on Wii U and I only saw numbers for North America.

Memory

So wait, some people thought this was going to stay exclusive? lol. This was always in the cards, most people predicted it when they first announced the game.

Anyway, good for them. Taking a moneyhat from Nintendo for timed exclusivity isn't a common approach but I hope it pays off for them.

They actually said it was a timed exclusive when they announced the game so no one should be suprised. They didnt hide anything and were very open with the reasons it was coming to the Wii U first and they were all valid.

TheMoon

I wonder how all the gamepad features like co-op and the level editor will carry over ...if they even make the platform transition. Since this game is still very much a game designed with Wii U in mind.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wonder how all the gamepad features like co-op and the level editor will carry over ...if they even make the platform transition. Since this game is still very much a game designed with Wii U in mind.
Does the game have online co op?

Corpekata

Banned
It's a game made by Curve Studios. Only natural for it to be on every platform under the sun like the games they publish too.

jeffers

unlikely to have been a moneyhat

nampad

First one was only ok but people said the sequel is better so I am mildly interested.

Why is it always unlikely when Nintendo is involved?
Would make even less sense that it wasn't released on the platforms with the established fanbase at first.

They actually said it was a timed exclusive when they announced the game so no one should be suprised. They didnt hide anything and were very open with the reasons it was coming to the Wii U first and they were all valid.

You're right, I must've forgotten about that.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that it's coming out on other platforms 6 months after the Wii U version. That happens all the time!

jeffers

First one was only ok but people said the sequel is better so I am mildly interested.

Would make even less sense that it wasn't released on the platforms with the established fanbase at first.

Nintendo seems to prefer helping indies through marketing and events, opposed to paying them off for exclusivity. the devs for this stated their reasoning for wiiu timed exclusivity and you are welcome to look it up

You're right, I must've forgotten about that.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that it's coming out on other platforms 6 months after the Wii U version. That happens all the time!

Ok so I dont really know. but my guessing is give the wiiu breathing room to try maximise sales, then you're into that nov/dec busy period with lots coming out and busy press. you arent releasing in january. then I guess itll have bells and whistles, which maybe shoved it through delays to febuary (along with testing/certification taking time too, and porting)

@MUWANdo

Banned

It's never a moneyhat because Nintendo doesn't believe in paying for indie exclusivity, for better or worse. They often cherrypick games to give extra exposure or to take to press events or whatever but that's a more direct inducement that all platform holders and big publishers do (and should be expected to do) and they don't discriminate between exclusives and non-exclusives in that regard.

Curve is a studio that was already making a lot of money on a niche platform (Vita) so they felt there was an opportunity to do the same on Wii U, it's not rocket science. They've made two Nintendo-published games, so it's not like it came out of nowhere, either.

TheMoon

It's never a moneyhat because Nintendo doesn't believe in paying for indie exclusivity, for better or worse. They often cherrypick games to give extra exposure or to take to press events or whatever but that's a more direct inducement that all platform holders and big publishers do (and should be expected to do).

Curve is a studio that was already making a lot of money on a niche platform (Vita) so they felt there was an opportunity to do the same on Wii U, it's not rocket science. They've made two Nintendo-published games, so it's not like it came out of nowhere, either.

Plus the game was tailored to the platform, allowing for lots of cool new ideas.

Parshias7

Why is it always assumed when Nintendo is involved? Posts like these always have this weird "they took our games!" undercurrent to them. Third parties are allowed to put games on Nintendo systems without being bribed into doing so.

Nintendo seems to prefer helping indies through marketing and events, opposed to paying them off for exclusivity. the devs for this stated their reasoning for wiiu timed exclusivity and you are welcome to look it up

If they agreed to timed exclusivity in exchange for marketing/events then that's a moneyhat, dude. Sony does the same thing via Pub Fund sometimes.

jeffers

If they agreed to timed exclusivity in exchange for marketing/events then that's a moneyhat, dude. Sony does the same thing via Pub Fund sometimes.

I didnt say it was in exchange for, but thatd be pretty hard to prove either way. my belief is that nintendo would have helped in that regard, regardless.

nampad

I didnt say it was in exchange for, but thatd be pretty hard to prove either way. my belief is that nintendo would have helped in that regard, regardless.

Yeah...

Why is it always assumed when Nintendo is involved? Posts like these always have this weird "they took our games!" undercurrent to them. Third parties are allowed to put games on Nintendo systems without being bribed into doing so.

Because it's business and some of you act like Nintendo would never do moneyhats like the other platform holders.

Top Bottom