• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power coming to PC in 2015

Nbz

ZOYA SWINGING IN 3D THOUGH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

So excited for this! 2015 truly is going to be a fantastic year

Sendou

ugh i dont like this 2,5d at all. Looks like they are goin for style over gameplay. Game is beautiful.

Trine 2 was lacking in the gameplay department. At least they're trying now. Trine series always was a bit "style over gameplay" in my opinion.

Sendou

Some screens:
screenshot_1_kipposwstf.png
screenshot_3_pontius_4zs5f.png
screenshot_5_zoya_jund3sjc.png
screenshot_4_shipwrec5esof.png
screenshot_2_pontius_ctst2.png

Regarding platforms in the press kit they just say "Platforms: PC, Others TBA". Trailer download.

Shibalan

Trine 1&2 never clicked with me. It always ended with "fuck this puzzle, summon a box and make me fly to the other end of the level". It never felt fun or rewarding.

They seemingly want to innovate with this one. I'm curious.

Elixist

its cool to see them take a risk even if the 3d gameplay looks a little weird. day 1 anyway, they deserve that from me had such a blast in co op on part 2.

Looks great, will wait for the Trine 3 ultimate edition though, because we know they'll likely have a couple editions of this

Looks like DKC:TF has had an impact on the industry. Good.

This looks great. I own the first 2 own Steam but I've barely touched them. I will try to fix that soon.

KainXVIII

Will grab on sale to make some beautiful screenshots, not fan of gameplay and clunky controls of previous games.

berzeli

Banned
Man this game looks absolutely gorgeous, it will be interesting to see how much of the game plays as a 3D platformer and how much is in the usual 2D style.

Qurupeke

Looks awesome. At first I thought it would be bad as a 3D Platformer but by the end of the trailer I changed my mind. It seems even better.

Trine 2 was quite possibly one of the most mind-numbingly boring games I've ever played. My main memory of it was all the time spent drawing squares in order to create blocks. By the end of it I practically grew a phobia of all things cube-shaped.

But hey, it does look pretty.

Ninja Dom

Trine 2 was quite possibly one of the most mind-numbingly boring games I've ever played. My main memory of it was all the time spent drawing squares in order to create blocks. By the end of it I practically grew a phobia of all things cube-shaped.

But hey, it does look pretty.

This man!

I bought Trine 2 on Wii U at launch as it was one of the hyped first indie releases for the system and it was on discount. Boring as fuck, but yes it looks fantastic!!!

psychotron

Looks amazing! Need this on consoles. Frozenbyte are fantastic. When the Wii U version came out, it was discounted within a week, and they asked people that were upset about it (even though it wasn't their fault) to contact them. I wrote them an email saying that I bought it launch day and didn't really care about the extra few dollars because the game was excellent. They sent me a bunch of Trine swag, and an autographed copy of Trine 2 for PC.

Sendou

I doubt this will happen

Wii U worked out very well for Frozenbyte sales-wise. That's not to say it will happen but it's not that unlikely either. Game looks graphically somewhat demanding but so did Trine 2 when being ran on a high-end PC.

eFKac

Ohh finally.

Frozenbyte was the first studio that I really felt like, okay stop with the fucking rereleases, remakes and remasters, make a new damn game finally!

Will get on the PS4 whenever it drops, hopefully with stereoscopic 3D again!

Top Bottom