• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom adds local co-op to the PC version of RE: Revelations 2

Did a search, found nothing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-03-resident-evil-revelations-2-pc-gets-local-co-op-after-all

Now, Capcom has released an open beta patch on Steam that lets two players play the Story and Raid modes locally via split-screen.

"We want to get this feature in the hands of our PC players as soon as possible, so this option may not be 100 per cent polished when it is released," Capcom said.

"Feedback from those who try it out is welcomed. For anyone who isn't satisfied with this option, refunds are available through Steam."

Here's how it works:

Campaign Mode: press the START button on Player 2 game pad upon entering active gameplay. Ending the game or exiting to the main menu will automatically return to full screen single player mode.
Raid Mode: pressing the START button on Player 2 game pad in the Vestibule (the staging area) will activate split-screen mode. Select character, configure your loadout, and select Raid missions as normal. Exiting the Vestibule and backing out to the main menu will automatically end split-screen mode.
Alternatively, simply disconnecting the 2P controller will force the game back into full screen single player mode.

MattyG

Banned
RG0BS1U.gif

That was quicker than I expected.

Dryk

If they wanted to get it into the hands of players as soon as possible why did they claim they had no plan to do it all last week? You're not fooling anyone Capcom.

HGH

Banned
It's cool that they did this but kinda sad there had to be an outcry for it to happen. I guess they still need more experience with PC audiences?

Wow, I'm glad they did it, this fast. But, while I don't mean to put them in a "do no right" situation, if they got it at least partially implemented this fast, beyond the additional testing budget, then there's not a lot of excuses why it wasn't in the cards in the first place.

Considering the garbo reviews it's gotten I'm guessing this is a desperation move to garner some good will and hopefully more sales.

bede-x

Well done, Capcom. Sure, it should have been like this in the first place, but it's still much appreciated that they change it. It's now back on my wishlist :)

Haunted

I imagine this quick reaction only happened because of the backlash.

Good on the community for voicing their opinion and getting through to the company.

Good on them, the local co-op is the way to go in this game (at least for the first playthrough), switching between characters is just not the same. Must not have been hard to implement, too, since I've confirmed info that Sectus' co-op mod works perfectly in all four episodes despite him not having access to the later ones, lol.

Time to do some Raid Mode co-op runs, I guess!

really? you'll buy now because of local co-op on pc?

Is it so hard to believe many PC owners care about essential features like this one? Every PC player I knew in the 90s loved local multiplayer in games like Worms and Heroes of Might and Magic, and we were all angry at being snubbed from so many local MP modes in the 00s.

jediyoshi

If they wanted to get it into the hands of players as soon as possible why did they claim they had no plan to do it all last week? You're not fooling anyone Capcom.

..because if they didn't deliver, what exactly do you think the headline would be? What do they gain making that promise?

Capcom: someone fixed our game... Let's pretend we fixed it.

More like, we ship with coop 70% of the way through and don't complete it. Someone resurrects what they can and then Capcom finally finishes it. If coop released as that mod is now, then you're underestimating people.

Vamphuntr

For those that can't find it it's here

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/610574106414653247/?tscn=1425374559

From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 and select 'Properties'
Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
Type bhr2qasplitmaster00 (case-sensitive) in the 'Enter beta access code' field and then click CHECK CODE.
Now, select "qa_split_master" from the pull-down menu and click CLOSE.
Wait for the Steam client to finish downloading the patch.
Launch Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2.

Keep in mind there is no menu UI for it right now but they are working on it.

Vamphuntr

This game didn't have online campaign co-op? Jeez.

I think it's because it wouldn't work without a person next to you. Some mechanics involve seeing invisible enemies or weakspot with one character. In splitscreen you can see yourself on the other screen what you have to shoot at but online if the other guys doesn't have a mic you're done.

I think it's because it wouldn't work without a person next to you. Some mechanics involve seeing invisible enemies or weakspot with one character. In splitscreen you can see yourself on the other screen what you have to shoot at but online if the other guys doesn't have a mic you're done.

Pretty much. The mechanics of the game work for local co-op but not online. Raid mode doesnt suffer from the same problem since it is a simple run and gun affair.

Top Bottom