• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft making another Xbox One controller aimed for the "hardcore"

jbug617

Banned
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-is-working-on-a-hardcore-game-controller-for-the-xbox-one
Microsoft's Xbox One got off to a rough start thanks to a mixed message about the target audience for the device. With that issue behind them, they have returned their focus to the gaming community and now sources are telling us that they are looking to launch a 'hardcore' game controller at E3 2015.

Details are still slim on what all will be included with the controller and how it will be differentiated from its current devices but they are going after their loyal customers who love FPS and driving games. If you need any proof that there is a market for a new controller, take a look at Scuf Gaming who sells a plethora of modified enthusiast controllers.

We are being told that the current target, if the project gets the full green-light, will be for E3 2015 which takes in mid June. As with all internal projects, deadlines are subject to change and they can be canceled at anytime.

_woLf

I hope the sticks aren't as loose as they are on the Xbox One controller. I really like the stiffness of the 360/PS4 controllers.

Share button, speaker, perhaps new bumpers (not that there is anything wrong with the current ones), built in headset adapter... basically its going to be the PS4 controller.

I hope the sticks aren't as loose as they are on the Xbox One controller. I really like the stiffness of the 360/PS4 controllers.

I hope they leave them as they are, 360 feels dreadful to me now, PS4 is fine but I love the XB1 sticks.

Obligatory:

215161632_vH4R5-1050x10000.jpg

Bsigg12

Bigger thumb pads, changed placement of the bumpers? I can't think of anything else. Maybe change the resistance curve in the triggers so they don't feel like a marshmallow?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Aaah, I knew it! Steel Battalion controller for every game and for everyone, baby!

Brudinho

Banned
I think the Xbox One pad is already pretty pro
I´m excited to see what they are trying to do and if there´s a market for it

Xav

- Fix the shitty bumpers. Make them like the 360/Wii U pro controller.

- Internal battery.

- Better D-pad... ah fuck it. Microsoft will never make a good D-Pad.

oti

Banned
Let them pay. Call it Hardcore.
This sounds like a "Patriot Act" thing.

I'm all for improvement. Just sounds a bit shady that's all. They made that 360 controller with better dpad though so it makes sense.

Nanashrew

Banned
Obviously everyone who uses the Xbox One controller were never hardcore.

What is even going on? What does this even mean?

I've always thought the console makers should have secondary first-party controller offerings. For example, a DS4 with offset sticks. Or a Xbox controller with parallel ones.

Derpyduck

Banned
Here's a suggestion for them(for Sony as well), make a standard controller that after a week or two of usage doesn't start loosening at the seams. That would truly be hardcore.

EvB

I'm not really sure what I'd like them to change.

Unless by Pro they mean some kind of weird metal monstrosity.

- Fix the shitty bumpers. Make them like the 360/Wii U pro controller.

- Internal battery.

- Better D-pad... ah fuck it. Microsoft will never make a good D-Pad.
I haven't spent a lot of time with an X1 controller but what's so bad about its Dpad? It's not the best (that would be the PS4) but it's way way waaaaay better than the 360's.

Top Bottom