• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stumpai Presents: Goku or Vegeta?? (Favorite Hero/Villain??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like im back in school debating who the best DBZ character is. The new Xenovese game, along with the Frieza movie has reignited my passion for the series and I feel like a 13 year old again. :D

My 2 favorite characters in all of Dragonball Z has always been Goku and Vegeta. However, I've never been able to choose which one I like more.

I love Goku's laid back, goofy and caring personality, along with the way he approaches challenges, I also like the way he loves food. I love Vegeta's determination, pride, hard personality and most of all, his humor. Seriously, I think this guy is the funniest character in Dragonball Z. Them one liners and cheeky phrases. The English voice actor did an amazing job.

Who do you prefer out of the two? And who is your overall favorite Hero/Villain in general?

VgoF8uV.jpg

dragon_ball__z__gt__af_villain_by_spadez17-d4bbmtb.jpg

Goku or Vegeta = Can't decide :(
Favorite Hero = Goku/Vegeta
Favorite Villain = Cell/17/Broly

Vegeta's entire fight against Android 19 was so fucking perfect. Didn't really care much for him until then.

SSJ2 Gohan is my all-time fave though.

Tookay

Vegeta by far. He had by far the best character arc and, while I might not like the Buu saga, his development was pretty great.

That being said, it stung how he barely got any major victories as the series progressed. I understand that was part of the point, but a win here or there wouldn't have hurt.

As for villains, I guess Frieza. He felt like the driving force behind a lot of the show, even if Cell was a pretty decent villain.

LaNaranja

Goku or Vegeta = Vegeta, despite being so useless more than half the time.
Favorite Hero = Krillin. Dude tries so hard.
Favorite Villain = Cell

Nairume

Banned
I'd normally be torn between Freeza or Cell as best villian, but if we count friendly ones, it's Beerus all the way.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Goku over Vegeta.

Gohan before he got soft was my favorite hero along with Future Trunks.

17 is my favorite villain but part of me thinks he was cooler in my head than he actually was in reality.

Kid Buu as best villain. I love the psychotic all-powerful child archetype and Kid Buu embodies that really well.
Best Protag goes to Piccolo even though he was relegated to support status pretty quickly.

RELAYER

Banned
Goku is a carefree idiot savant.
Vegeta is an angst-filled preteen.

They're both mental midgets, but Goku is infinitely more likable.

PL4v3.gif

I choose you, Vegeta! The Prince of all Saiyans deserves my adoration.

For favour hero/villain in general, though.. that's a though one. I don't know if I could ever decide. Because nothing springs to mind easily, I have to assume I don't have one... for now, at least.

FootballFan

Yes! Loving the DBZ threads lately. Xenoverse got everyone hyped haha.

To answer the OP, it has to be vegeta.

It is hard not to admire his drive and desire to be the best. His decisions sometimes annoy me but on the whole he is just bad ass.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I like Goku way more once I watched the original Dragon Ball Z.

Sorry, but I find Sean Schemmel to be obnoxious. His voice in Xenoverse, for example, is unbearable. I know people freak out over "Granny Goku", but the unique way Nozawa pulls off voicing Goku makes him a much more interesting character to me. It's sad that there's a very likely possibility she won't be able to voice him much longer as the series sees its revival. :(

Favorite hero besides them, well, I got into DBZ through the Saiyaman Arc, so I have a soft-spot for Gohan even though he was arguably fucked over. I'd say though secretly it's Yajirobe. ;)

Villain is easily Cell, especially his Middle Form. He's oddly cute, and I thought he was the most interesting in that form since he actually had to fight his way out of some tight places against people like Tien and Vegeta.

Lamel

Banned
Vegeta, he actually had some character, even though he did stupid shit a lot of the time.

Goku needed to have more badass moments. Like when he went full menace against fat buu as an ssj3.

Goku or Vegeta: Goku. Selfless guy who truly cares for his friends.

Vegeta huge egotistical who was conaitently getting humiliating beatdowns all throughout Dragonball. The Namek and Cell arcs had it happen a bunch.

I mean even his heroic sacrifice was done so Goku couldn't help beat the villian. It also failed. His arc was good but it was just him realizing Goku was always better.

Favorite Hero: Piccolo is the most heroic character next to Goku and Gohan. He's arc from Villain to hero is also much better than Vegeta. He's the son of an Evil being who killed a bunch of people.

Created solely for revenge. New traits come into the picture and he trains Gohan. A bond that transforms him a results in his sacrifice for Gohan's life.

I mean Vegeta has lived 7 years with a family but still decides to become evil to try to be stronger than Goku. Piccolo realized his role.

Gohan ties with Piccolo but I'll give it to the underdog.

Favorite Villain: Cell. His beginning appearances was just a stalking menace. While his final form was a beautiful dick who was smart.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nah, Goku has some interesting depth to him.

Even though Toriyama didn't go through with it, I love the little speech Goku has during the Fusion Arc where he basically states how he's tired of always being the one to save the day, and wants to get the next generation ready to take up the mantle. The little touches where he showed he had more going on in his head was a nice touch. That's why I like some of the Z fillers like the stuff between the Cell games, and the one filler with the party post-Buu, as it showcases his caring, human side.

And Goku's quite unusual for a Shonen Protagonist, in retrospect. How many of them spend most of the time out of commission like he does in Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom