• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo teases. Masks for Zelda WiiU? Another Majora style game? What could this be?

ReyVGM

I caught this over at gonintendo . I'm just going to post the last message.

This all comes from the Miiverse 'Developers Room Miiting' for The Legend of Zelda series, which hosting a faux interview with the Happy Mask Salesman.

h41.png

"My my... I've certainly been appearing all over the place this past few days! If this keeps going, maybe it wouldn't be a stretch to expect me to pop up in a new Zelda game too...? Ho ho ho... I've got some new masks too, if you'd like to try them on... If I do make an appearance, I'm sure everyone will experience such happiness! Believe in your strength... believe... ho ho ho."

Nintendo spent three years teasing Majora's Mask, and now here they are, teasing more masks for a new game. Could they be teasing a new potential Majora's style game? Or maybe they are adding select masks (and NPCs with schedules) for Zelda WiiU? Maybe they just want to get a reaction from people to see the direction they are going to take in the future?

Nintendo is notorious for dropping hints, specially the last few years. I really doubt this is just meaningless. They must have said that last part for something.

I'm cool with masks in general, but some of that shit from MM was goofy as hell and didn't mesh at all with Zelda's high fantasy theme.

GWX

If Zelda Wii U turns out to be Majora's sequel I'll freak out - due to intense happiness, of course.

AdanVC

Maybe the Happy Mask Salesman appearing on Zelda U?? Aonuma sure likes to drop all kinds of hints so this is exciting!

silenttwn

Probably not Majora's Mask 2, but a return of the mask mechanics.. which would be fantastic. There's a lot they can do with new masks.

wiibomb

I would certainly love another Majora's mask atmosphere zelda, the darkness of that game is something unique I would be totally ok with...

who knows... may be we get a kind of sequel to Skyward sword who shows the happy mask salesman ancestor

Well, he was in the Oracle games without much story importance, so fitting him in anywhere seems like no trouble. Apart from those random farmers, we've seen zero ZeldaU NPCs, so he just might be fit in.

georly

I think the bomber's notebook would serve as an excellent quest-guide for an open world game like Zelda U, so it'd be nice if Zelda U was inspired by majora's mask in more ways than one. Masks, even without the transformations, serve as great tools to accomplish certain feats or quests, especially if they change the way other NPCs react to you.

That, or i'd like the next handheld zelda game to use the majora 3d engine.

Neiteio

Update for MM3D on N3DS, to capitalize on hot sales

Adds amiibo compatibility

Scan Captain Falcon, get the Captain Falcon Mask

They wouldn't dare structure a game like majora's again. They tried to make it more casual friendly for the 3ds remake and it was still too much for people.

He can cameo, but it won't mean anything.

I will BELIEVE.

My heart! Nintendo, please!

Zelda U being a MM 2 with schedules, a darker atmosphere, many memoryable NPCs and a good storyline would be a absolute dream come true, or a new 3DS game in the vein of Majoras Mask.

Neiteio

They wouldn't dare structure a game like majora's again. They tried to make it more casual friendly for the 3ds remake and it was still too much for people.

He can cameo, but it won't mean anything.
Yet it's the fastest-selling handheld Zelda title in the history of the U.S.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
There is no way Nintendo would officially tease a third Zelda game out of the two slated for the year. This probably relates to one of the two releasing this year.

Top Bottom