• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fly like a bird and explore puzzle-filled temples in Aer (2016, PC/PS4/Xbox One)

http://forgottenkey.se
https://vimeo.com/74457891

An adventure among the clouds. Turn into a bird and fly to explore a shattered world of floating islands, nomads and secrets of old. Aer is a game in which you play as a girl with the ability to transform into a bird. You will fly to explore and experience a world of floating islands, where exploration will be the key to unlock secrets and progress through a story leading you to the end of the world. Ultimately, you will challenge the Gods and save reality itself. The game is planned for release on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4 and Xbox One in 2016 and is published Daedalic Entertainment.

tZKaVF0.jpg

GKAvc2m.jpg

duBx6Jg.jpg

RockPaperShotgun hands on
This early demonstration build had a single island to flit about, and one enormous temple to explore. The transition between the two elements of the game is quite striking. Outside is about freedom, exploring at your own leisure, looking for secrets and hidden areas, and generally shooting the breeze. Inside is on-foot, filled with danger, and requires your brain. Reminiscent of any number of third-person tomb adventures, you must align objects, find switches, bounce beams of light around chambers, and so on, while tiptoeing past threats and avoiding traps. The demo temple was surprisingly large and sprawling, which bodes well for the final game – large, elaborate confined puzzling will be just the counter to the open nature of the outside islands.

mclem

Why not just give him a Loftwing and be done with it?

I kid; I'm certainly intrigued. It'll live or die for me based on the quality of the puzzle design, though.

border

I kinda wondered if we would start to see indie games that reflect a nostalgia for PS1/N64 era of flat shaded polygons. I guess this is it......even the animation has a weird late 90's look to it.

Mesoian

Damn this game looks beautiful and the concept is awesome.

This is WAY better than crap like this.
At least this 3D style actually looks good. That NES crap is just relying on the nostalgia of old people.

Are you saying that crypt of the necrodancer looks bad? If so, you are officially crazy.

Anyway, this looks neet. I won't lie, i'd like a little more detail in objects, but it seems interesting. I'll keep my eye on it.

Walpurgis

Banned
Gamescom Gameplay Trailer

Looks interesting I guess
I can't believe that video only has 10 views. The environments look great.
Are you saying that crypt of the necrodancer looks bad? If so, you are officially crazy.
It might not be the best example because the characters aren't NES (the map and UI are though). The point that I was making was I'm sick of ugly graphics for nostalgia. It doesn't appeal to me because those games were made before I was born. Even if I was around, I don't think it would work on me. I grew up with PS2 games and if there was an indie movement that tried to recreate PS2 graphics, I would find it just as stupid.

Basically, I want less of this.
and more of this.

Shifty

The fuck is up with the start of this thread? Bird sex? Necrodancer ugly? Someone shitting on a story they've only read a small precis of?

For shame, GAF. This is chaos.

Anung

Un Rama
I kinda wondered if we would start to see indie games that reflect a nostalgia for PS1/N64 era of flat shaded polygons. I guess this is it......even the animation has a weird late 90's look to it.

Some interesting horror games have adopted the style.

Back in 1995

1955.png

Powerdrill Massacre

power-drill-massacre-face-to-face-with-the-murderer.jpg

I love (have nostalgia) for the style so I'm glad its getting some love.

Top Bottom