• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't forget to spend your sony rewards points before they expire

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Not sure if this is better suited for gaming or off topic.

A good friend of mine had let me know that some of his points were due to expire at the end of this month, I checked and sure enough that was also the case, 400 points were going to expire.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/

Even if you don't have enough points for an item, you can use money to fill in the rest. I got a 16 gb flash drive for $2 out of my pocket.

SerTapTap

Sony Rewards is so awkward, didn't even know points expire. I guess I'll use my 500 points to get half-off a $10 PSN card. Glad they let you buy the rest with cash, that's a nice bit of mercy. Thought I'd have more rewards after buying a couple hundred or more off PSN in the past couple years.

bomblord1

Banned
Sony Rewards is so awkward, didn't even know points expire. I guess I'll use my 500 points to get half-off a $10 PSN card. Glad they let you buy the rest with cash, that's a nice bit of mercy. Thought I'd have more rewards after buying a couple hundred or more off PSN in the past couple years.

You didn't know they expire? I didn't know they existed.

What exactly are these? The link isn't really helping.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You didn't know they expire? I didn't know they existed.

What exactly are these? The link isn't really helping.

Sorry, I guess I assumed everyone had an account. Basically it's a rewards account that credits you for things like purchases on PSN, among other things. You have to sign up to earn points for purchases, and not sure if this is for any other region besides NA.

Deft Beck

The problem with Sony Rewards is that a lot of the decent items sell out fast.

So, all you have left is some Christian rock or classical CDs.

I have a Playstation credit card that generates points and I basically use for everything. I've wracked up enough in the last two years to get PSN until 2016, 3 free games, a pair of nice headphones, and a Playstation TV. Their online store is absolute garbage though, but it has gotten a little better.

Thanks for the reminder.

With the $20 in PSN bucks i just got from Sony Rewards, plus my $20 in Gamestop bucks (will buy PSN points), and my $15 in Best Buy Rewards (also for PSN points), it looks like Bloodborne will be $5 out of pocket.

Can't wait for Bloodborne.

bjork

Spice World and a nature sounds alarm clock. I'll forget about this by the time it shows up, too. I hope future me is surprised!

Dude, good looking for real. only had 700 points but got $10 code for $3 extra. Thanks.

Do they ship this code digitally? Looks like they're physically sending it which is kind of annoying, but I guess I can't complain.

Do you get points for buying from PSN? Can you link your PSN account with this?

You do. And if you get a PlayStation card you get 10x points using it on PSN.

Ways to earn points:
6jNeRfd.png

from: http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/sony-rewards/

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Dude, good looking for real. only had 700 points but got $10 code for $3 extra. Thanks.

Do they ship this code digitally? Looks like they're physically sending it which is kind of annoying, but I guess I can't complain.

Can't say for sure, never opted for a points card but I am under the assumption that they are emailed.

You do. And if you get a PlayStation card you get 10x points using it on PSN.

Thanks! Just linked them, never knew about this before. Too bad I can't earn point retroactively, I bought a Vita and a bunch of games for it pretty recently :\. This will be great for when I splurge and get a PS3 or PS4 though.

totally forgot about this

I got a ton of points going soon

might just get a few money cards and end up getting some games

but that vita tv is interesting

Tevious

Wow, I'm so glad I saw this thread. I just got a $10 PSN code for $0.69. I had 800 something points expiring out of my 931 total points. I rarely check Sony Rewards because it takes forever for points to accumulate enough to be able to purchase anything. I don't have their credit card.

How often do points expire?

I can't tell if I will get this PSN card in the mail or digital...the item said digital download but they asked for my shipping address and said I would get a second email when it ships. Although they could just be using the same form for all of their rewards.

A good friend of mine had let me know that some of his points were due to expire at the end of this month, I checked and sure enough that was also the case, 400 points were going to expire.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/

Even if you don't have enough points for an item, you can use money to fill in the rest. I got a 16 gb flash drive for $2 out of my pocket.

Thank you so much for the reminder and the cash tip (why is the $5 card "sold out?")!!! I was able to spend $2.01 for a $10 PSN card with just days to spare.

SerTapTap

misterF

Neo Member
Thanks so much, had 1300 points in my account without even knowing, and around 900 of those are expiring end of this month!

Is that worth it? I've been considering getting it and Best Buy's cards to only use at their respective stores.

What problems have you had with it? I have the playstation card for 5 months or so now and never had a problem. yet.

I've had mine for 2 years and had 0 issues with it. As long as you pay your bills on time it's just like any other card but earns Sony Rewards points and significantly more for PSN purchases. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who doesn't purchase a lot on PSN though, they'd be better off with another reward system.

ZeroAKA

Thanks for the heads-up. 1000 of my points were about to expire at the end of the month, so I put them all into a $10 PSN card.

cafemomo

What problems have you had with it? I have the playstation card for 5 months or so now and never had a problem. yet.

eh. I mean, compared to other reward programs it's kinda weak. But I probably shouldn't have expected more rewards out of a card that has SONY plastered all on it lol. I did get a walkman tho and a couple of PSN cards.

Valonquar

I have yet to encounter this. After buying a new house, and doing TONS of renovations on the CC, I had so many points it wasn't funny. I now have like 5 years of PS+, and I've yet to have to pay out of pocket for a PS4 game.

However, after AC Unity, I doubt I will be as gung ho with Pre-orders, and I am considering switching to an Amazon card. Instead of sonyrewards limited options for physical copies to spend points on, I could get like... ANYTHING with the amazon rewards. Their points build up to gift card/credit at about the same rate as Sony's and if it's a game that has been out a while I can get it cheaper on Amazon which Sonyrewards is still selling it at a full release price value.

I think I haven't swapped already only because I just recently got new cards after the Target breach and it's such a pain in the ass to reset CC info everywhere.

The rewards page DOES give you the PSN codes right away both on the page and in an email though, so that IS nice.

I like how you can register certain Sony blurays for 1 point. :/ Wish the Bloodbourne faceplate was on the site...

Derpyduck

Banned
I linked my PSN account to it a year or so ago and have gotten 20 in PSN credit so far. Not that great compared to Xbox Rewards, but it's better than nothing. Both pale in comparison to the 500+ dollars a year in Amazon credit I earn from ab(using) Bing Rewards, which I then turn into PSN credit as needed.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. Totally forgot about this. 655 of my 907 points expire.

I guess I'll pay a buck and get a $10 card.

I earn 1 point per dollar so I've spent almost a thousand and I can get a $10 PSN card. Better than nothing though I guess.

ekgrey

Well, I had to call support after trying to submit my order multiple times and always getting the message "We cannot process the transaction" (or something close to that). The rep I spoke with was unable to resolve the issue and all of my 1920 points expire the 31st. She "ticketed" my request for a higher-up to approve and assured me that they would not allow my points to expire before the issue was resolved. We shall see...

bjork

My clock showed up like two hours ago. That's some pretty fast turnaround time. No movie, I guess it's coming from someplace separate. Still, that's quick!

ekgrey

im having this problem right now, damn it

I suggest calling them. Wait was brief and although she couldn't fix the issue then and there, she was thorough in gathering information for a manager to address and absolutely, unequivocally assured me that my points wouldn't expire before it was fixed.

If you do call and they actually manage to fix the issue then, please post and let us know! So I can call back and harass them... ;)

mAcOdIn

I can't tell if I will get this PSN card in the mail or digital...the item said digital download but they asked for my shipping address and said I would get a second email when it ships. Although they could just be using the same form for all of their rewards.

You get the code digitally but for me there was about a days wait or so before they emailed me the code.

I'm pretty sure the PSN dollars are digital.

Also if anyone's short of any of the pt amounts, you can just pay for the difference with real money.

I already have $30 in PSN credit already and now I just added $10 bucks to that. I'll figure out what to spend it on one day.

Driveclub Season Pass once they announce JP cars or P4U2.0 if that has a new release and not just a patch.

Top Bottom