• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't forget to spend your sony rewards points before they expire

autoduelist

The problem with Sony Rewards is that a lot of the decent items sell out fast.

So, all you have left is some Christian rock or classical CDs.

Buy PSN cards.

I've gotten around $200 from Sony Rewards free. Granted, they used to be better with ways to easily get free points.

Just remember I got 1500 extra points for getting a item from their catalogue before march 15.

$20 PSN Card here I come. Thanks for the reminder.

khaaan

Canadians am cry.

hbeoV62.png

SheHateMe

THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER.

I had almost 5,000 points set to expire. Paid $0.97 for a $50 card. That'll cover Axiom Verge, Bastion, and Shovel Knight.

DirtyLarry

Just curious, what are you all purchasing to have them expire so soon?
I just checked and all of my points are good until 2020.

I have to say I signed up for this program since November 2013, and I use it as my main credit card for everything (I also pay off my bill every month), and it is really damn fantastic as all I use it for $20 PSN Credits. I have basically not used nothing but them since I signed up. It is pretty great. I do not buy a ton off the PSN, but I buy enough to warrant the decision.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just curious, what are you all purchasing to have them expire so soon?
I just checked and all of my points are good until 2020.

I have to say I signed up for this program since November 2013, and I use it as my main credit card for everything (I also pay off my bill every month), and it is really damn fantastic as all I use it for $20 PSN Credits. I have basically not used nothing but them since I signed up. It is pretty great. I do not buy a ton off the PSN, but I buy enough to warrant the decision.

A majority of my points are from PSN purchases, but I did get some from promotions. Half of my points were set to expire so I said fuck it and spent it all so I don't have to worry about them for a while.

Yaari

Just to make sure, PSN credit will be mailed to me, right? I don't want some fake address receiving my 10$ haha.

vato_loco

Having the same problem as most people, can't actually check out and it doesn't say why. And I can't even call them since I'm not in the US...

m@cross

I have a Playstation credit card that generates points and I basically use for everything. I've wracked up enough in the last two years to get PSN until 2016, 3 free games, a pair of nice headphones, and a Playstation TV. Their online store is absolute garbage though, but it has gotten a little better.

Pretty much this for me as well. I use it to grab $50 PSN cards every couple months.

Deft Beck

Buy PSN cards.

I've gotten around $200 from Sony Rewards free. Granted, they used to be better with ways to easily get free points.

During the 1500 points promo, I could not get any PSN digital codes since it kept telling me they were sold out.

Thankfully, I was able to order a $20 code today. Waiting for it to arrive in my inbox.

I bought a $10 code last night, paid $0.53 since I was short of 1000 points. When do the codes get emailed to you? It's been over 12 hours and I haven't received it yet.

I suggest calling them. Wait was brief and although she couldn't fix the issue then and there, she was thorough in gathering information for a manager to address and absolutely, unequivocally assured me that my points wouldn't expire before it was fixed.

If you do call and they actually manage to fix the issue then, please post and let us know! So I can call back and harass them... ;)

welp, so pretty much my fears came true non-us citizens am cry

kept emailing suppport and they told me it is only for US residents so that's why my transaction didnt complete

i have here 988 points which are about to expire, and i was resigned to losing them due to having no psn credit and no credit card

when i look at it now though, it's saying i have 988 points set to expire of 3/31/2016. seems like they pushed it 1 year and granted a reprieve?

I ordered two $20 psn cards. I buy a lot from the psn store so they accumulate fast for me.

Is it a physical code or digital delivery (email) code? As I've not got the code if it's the latter.

This reminds me that I redeemed my points for a $10 PSN code a few weeks (months, even) ago and never received it. I'm used to instantaneous email from other rewards programs like On.Playstation, so is the card being mailed or are they out of stock or something?

Maybe I fucked something up, I don't know.

Anyone care to check their points right now? Anyone else whose expiry dates got pushed back?

My points which are set to expire are still there... new expiration date is 3/31/2016

Is there anything you can do to get this out of US? I have 1100 points and want to redeem them for 10 bucks, but I'm outside of America so it doesn't let me do it.

Thanks for the reminder. Always forget that this exists. I guess if you have their card it may make more sense, but I don't think I've ever seen a marketing email about this program since I've signed up!

Update: I received the email with my code around an hour after posting the above.

Just came in to ask about this very thing. Redeemed points for a code last night, expected it instantaneously. 12 hours in here and no code either :\

Thanks for the reminder. Always forget that this exists. I guess if you have their card it may make more sense, but I don't think I've ever seen a marketing email about this program since I've signed up!

Just came in to ask about this very thing. Redeemed points for a code last night, expected it instantaneously. 12 hours in here and no code either :\

typical sony in that sense :D

ricki42

Anyone care to check their points right now? Anyone else whose expiry dates got pushed back?

My points which are set to expire are still there... new expiration date is 3/31/2016

I spent all my points, but I just received an email from Sony Rewards that I have more time to spend my points and that they now expire on March 31, 2016. So seems like they moved the deadline.

I spent all my points, but I just received an email from Sony Rewards that I have more time to spend my points and that they now expire on March 31, 2016. So seems like they moved the deadline.

one case where i don't mind moving goalposts! i have a year to get my last 12 points for a $10 card

Its that time of year again, I guess.

Just got a PSN card and payed the difference.

Doing the same. Thanks for bumping this.

Twice now while checking out I've hit "Continue Shopping" by accident and got kicked back to the store.

My address exceeds 25 characters, and that also seems to cause it fits.

Top Bottom