• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trying to return my 2 GTX 970s to gigabyte for over a month. Advice needed

georgc

So, like many people i bought into the hype and got myself two GTX 970s when they released. I got two because I wanted to use the Nvidia down-sampling feature.

Before I knew there was a problem with the segmented 3.5 GB i was running into problems that were caused by it.

AC: Unity would studder like crazy at higher resolutions and Starcitizen would just crash out right. I initially thought this was because of AC being a Ubisoft port and Starcitizen being in Alpha. That is not the case one both AC: Unity and Starcitizen go over that 3.5 GB that when the problems start.

So I initially contacted Newegg and they just straight told me that it is not their problem and that I should contact Gigabyte. So, I contacted Gigabyte and they asked for my information and they sent this as a reply.

Hello George,

We have forwarded your information over to our service team, once a plan is put into process you will be contacted. Please be patience.

Thank you

That was on 2/20

Contacted them again a week or so ago and got the same exact response.

So, what should I do GAF? This is frustration to the MAX!

So, like many people i bought into the hype and got myself two GTX 970s when they released. I got two because I wanted to use the Nvidia down-sampling feature.

Before I knew there was a problem with the segmented 3.5 GB i was running into problems that were caused by it.

AC: Unity would studder like crazy at higher resolutions and Starcitizen would just crash out right. I initially thought this was because of AC being a Ubisoft port and Starcitizen being in Alpha. That is not the case one both AC: Unity and Starcitizen go over that 3.5 GB that when the problems start.

So I initially contacted Newegg and they just straight told me that it is not their problem and that I should contact Gigabyte. So, I contacted Gigabyte and they asked for my information and they sent this as a reply.

That was on 2/20

Contacted them again a week or so ago and got the same exact response.

So, what should I do GAF? This is frustration to the MAX!
My brother had the same situation. Tell Gigabyte that they need to help you return it through newegg. My brother did that with EVGA and was eventually able to return it.

He was getting the run around from both of them until he asked whether EVGA would vouch for his purchase and return.

LewieP

Are you on twitter? Publicly put out a tweet mentioning "@gigabyte_vga" and "@Newegg" moaning about the situation, and they might be guilted into taking action. This is my first course of action with customer service issues these days, and it usually gets results.

Top Bottom