• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo Direct on April 1st (not 4ch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

69wpm

The following rumour has nothing to do with the one from 4chan. Apparently it comes from an employee from NOE.
The rumour is in German, so here goes the translation:

Iwata apologizes again for the Zelda delay and announced a new title for Wii U, which will release in Winter 2015 instead:

Paper Mario (working title): first trailer shown, uses the best parts of the first four titles of the series, developed by Intelligent Systems, more infos at E3 2015.

Pokemon Rumble World will be presented, releases on April 17th 2015 in the Nintendo eShop for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The game supports the Pokemon amiibo from the Smash Bros. Collection.

SNES titles will be released in the 3DS eShop, the Wii U eShop will get GB und GBC titles. There will also be some cross-play for VC titles already bought and which are available on both systems. (My note: If you bought one game on the 3DS, you can also play it on your Wii U. No need to buy it twice.)

The SNES, GB and GBC titles will be released after the presentation.

The Web eShop will be presented. Developed by Nintendo and DeNA. You can log in with your NNID and use the normal eShop functions. If the console is in stand-by, games bought on the eShop will be automatically downloaded. The Web eShop will implemented both the Wii U and 3DS eShop. Planned launch: April 2015.

New functions for the eShop: Pre-orders. Customers will be able to buy games months in advance and will get a 10% discount. The amount will be charged on launch day or the day the pre-load starts. The first games will be available following the presentation:

• Splatoon
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition

amiibo Gallery will be presented. With this app, gamers can use their amiibo already used on the console, to look at them in a gallery. There you can take pictures of them and show them in Miiverse. There is also a mode called Origins. When you scan the amiibo via the NFC reader, you'll be able to play a segment of the first game the amiibo appeared in. (My note: If you scan Link, you should be able to play a part of the first Legend of Zelda is my understanding of this.) This app will be available for free in May 2015 for Wii U and 3DS.

N64 games will be available in June 2015 in the Wii U eShop. Release list:

• June 4th: Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (If you buy one of the games until June 11th 23:59 MEZ, you get the other for free.)
  • June 11th: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • June 18th: Super Smash Bros.
  • June 25th: 1080° Snowboarding

The games support widescreen and upscaling to 720p, support all controllers and off-tv-play. Price: 9,99 € per game. Owners who already bought the game on the Wii Shop can upgrade for 1,99 €.

Iwata passes onto Satoru Shibata.

MK8 DLC Pack 2 will launch on May 7th 2015. Trailer shown, Software-Update will launch on the same day with the following new features: Time laps on tv, seperate screens for local 2 player games: One on the GamePad, one on the TV, new amiibo costumes.

Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition releases on May 8th 2015 in Europe. Demo after the presentation available.

Yoshi's Woolly World will be released on June 26th in Europe, Trailer shown. Limited Edition with knitted Yoshi releases on the same day.

Azure Striker Gunvolt releases after the presentation on the 3DS eShop. (My Note: A leak showed this title is scheduled for April 2.)

Nintendo Anime Channel will be launched on Wii U on April 9th 2015.

Project Zero 5 will be localised, will release later this year in Europe.

NES Remix Pack (retail) will release on June 5th in Europe.

Boy-Boy! releases on April 8th in the 3DS eShop.

The app Collectable Badge Center will be available for 3DS after the presentation.

Wii LineUp for the Wii U eShop includes:

• April 2nd: Pandora's Tower
  • April 23rd: Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies
  • May 14th: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Trailer with upcoming games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS shown.

Lego Jurassic World will release on June 11th on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS + new trailer.

Final Fantasy Explorers will be localised and released at the end of the year in Europe.

Splatoon will have support for amiibo: Special Splatoon amiibos where you can save your Inkling and take to your friend. With selected other amiibo you can unlock special gear. Game releases May 29th 2015 in Europe.

Next Super Smash Bros. amiibo wave will be available June 12th 2015. Newcomers are: Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Zer Suit Samus, Falco and Duck Hunt Duo.

The Ganondorf amiibo will be compatible with Hyrule Warriors and unlocks a new weapon for him. Which one that is will will remain a secret until later. A software update, which will unlock this function, will be released on June 12th.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball releases April 24th in Europe.

Yokai Watch will be localised and release later this year in Europe.

Shibata says good bye and lets Iwata speak once again.

StarFox Horizon is shown with the first trailer, developed by Nintendo EAD with Platinum Games (please don't spam Kamiya if it's true, just wait). Will be released in Q3 2015, more information at E3.
Devil's Third will be released in August 2015, new trailer.

Iwata says good bye, Masahiro Sakurai shows up for one last announcement:

Mewtoo DLC for Smash. Wii U and 3DS gets a new trailer, will be send to the buyers of both games on April 9th 2015. You will get two download codes, one for Wii U and one for 3DS. Gamers who haven't bought and registered both games, will have the chance to buy the DLC in June. On this day there will be available a software update, which will add a Miiverse stage, sharing-system and tournaments. There will also be new music, trophies and elements for the Stage Builder.

Masahiro Sakurai says thanks to the fans for their patience and says good bye.

Length of the presentation: 39 minutes.
Start: April 1st 2015, 15:00 CET.

Source

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't know if this is real, but the risk of having an April 1st Direct is real, not joking.

Is this the second rumoured leak of a ND?
Cause I can't recall it being anything like the first. Please excuse me if I don't believe it till I see it.

L~A

Come on, we're missing a photo of that list with INTERNAL ONLY - DO NOT LEAK. Therefore, I call that one fake.

Paper Mario (working title): first trailer shown, uses the best parts of the first four titles of the series, developed by Intelligent Systems, more infos at E3 2015.

This is obviously a fake, you can't find the "best" in the last 2 Paper Mario.

Vuze

I'm not used to Google Plus so sorry if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a comment on Domtendos channel by some random user? lol

Richie

I am very very very wary of anyone who claims to know exactly what goes in a Direct. Hell, people can barely predict WHEN we are getting them.

Pffffff yeah, right!

If this one is true, change my tag to "Ate his hat with a side of Fries".

Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to do a direct on April Fools, c'mon..

Shaanyboi

Banned
Fake. No reason some of this stuff wouldn't be revealed at E3 instead (Star Fox especially).

And besides, crossbuy VC is nice, but without cross-save what's even the point?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If this is a fake, at least it's a "reasonable" one, well built around what we know / hints / possible leaks. And it spicies them up.

69wpm

I'm not used to Google Plus so sorry if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a comment on Domtendos channel by some random user? lol

Yeah, I edited that. Somehow I thought he posted it. Saw this rumour last night and it was way too late -.-

Ashodin

psyscrolr releases April 2nd, sooooooooooooooooo...

Would be amazing for PR if a video was in there (and the Direct was true)!

I want an April Fool's Direct so badly and everything is lined up so perfect for one it's ridiculous. The Direct is a little later than we expected, this week's eShop releases are suspiciously empty, and BoxBoy's review embargo goes up the morning of the 1st.

If it happens, my heart will be pounding throughout the whole thing as I hope for the impossible despite knowing it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom