• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Part of my front tooth fell out and my job is door-to-door canvassing (pic inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sPiBNtO.jpg

Well GAF, this blows. I had a significant chunk of my front tooth knocked out 5 years ago while playing laser tag. They put in a tooth prosthetic or whatever, and now... it fell out. Which sucks. It's not as bad as it was the first time - the gap is smaller and the nerve isn't exposed. But goddamnit. Goddamnit.

I have to go spend 5 hours tomorrow and Friday talking to people at their doors and everybody's gonna look at me like I'm some hick bastard.

Brakke

Banned
That's not as bad as it could be. My pops had this kind of thing happened and for whatever reason the doc didn't want to cap it but replace it almost entirely with a veneer. They ground the tooth down to just a little nub then stuck basically an entire prosthetic tooth over it. Then it fell out like three times before he changed dentists.

Yours is just a chip. You look alright.

I had the same thing but I got whacked in the teeth with a gate when my friend's dog jumped into it and mine fell out a few weeks ago. I was super freaking out for a few days but I stopped noticing it.

I know it sounds hard but if you book a dentist appointment to get it redone and then ignore it until then, you'll feel a lot better about it.

Also, most people don't know what you're supposed to look like and probably aren't really going to remember a slightly chipped tooth. :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Well GAF, this blows. I had a significant chunk of my front tooth knocked out 5 years ago while playing laser tag. They put in a tooth prosthetic or whatever, and now... it fell out. Which sucks. It's not as bad as it was the first time - the gap is smaller and the nerve isn't exposed. But goddamnit. Goddamnit.

I have to go spend 5 hours tomorrow and Friday talking to people at their doors and everybody's gonna look at me like I'm some hick bastard.

Only if you meet some maladjusted freak that has a mouth fetish no one is going to stare at your tooth. Unless you do something stupid like draw attention to it by worrying about it.

Keri

I expected it to be more noticeable based on the thread title. I doubt anyone is going to notice it tomorrow. It's a small portion of your front tooth and it will be even harder to see while you're talking.

Air

Banned
Sounds like you had a composite bonding. Call your dentist and see if you can get another one in asap. It's usually $200-$300 per tooth.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
That hair growth under your lip doesn't help either. Sorry

big ander

You look like you'll make it okay. Just talk only with your lips, never revealing your teeth. won't be weird at all

This happened to me too, though it was in like 6th grade and from a sledding accident so when I came into school with half a front tooth for a few days I was very cool. less cool were the following 3 years where an expensive cap would fall out every couple of months, but a painful root canal and elaborate expensive full fake tooth later and I was good as new
This country disgusts me that laser tag veterans don't get free dental. Shaking my head.

THIS. we should be able to come together on this issue across party lines. Support the live action adventure game player, not the war.

THE:MILKMAN

Looks like a small chip to me!

Saying that, I myself had to have my 4 upper front teeth removed 3 months ago. After a bad accident at 3 years old I had been fighting a losing (and expensive lately) battle to keep them for 35 years.

I've been told that a bridge will cost ~£2500-£3000 as I'm private. On my part time wages I will probably have to sign up to a NHS dentist and pay £220.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom