• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now embed playable Internet Archive games into tweets

*looks at the selection of games*

Wow are these versions of Street Fighter 2 I see the infamously bad DOS ports? Why would Capcom approve of these being on the service (I assume these require their approval). I could understand Mega Man being thrown there but I thought they still cared about Street Fighter. Then again I imagine the playable in browser games are actually the most popular games falling into certain criteria.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wasn't the last thread about the Internet Archives emulated games selection deleted? This collection has games like Donkey Kong which I'm pretty sure they don't have permission for.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think the thread will be deleted like some previously on it, but I find what they're doing a worthwhile endeavor. They work by the rule that the games are 21 years or older, and archive them for future generations, which is when I believe the expiration on many of them evaporate and those specific versions of the games as they haven't been kept up to date, but also has some legal gray areas because of some of the game's not quite being abandonware, but to my knowledge they haven't taken legal action against them as they do have some standing to be doing what they're doing, and I do think archiving games is something to definitely be thinking about.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
*looks at the selection of games*

Wow are these versions of Street Fighter 2 I see the infamously bad DOS ports? Why would Capcom approve of these being on the service (I assume these require their approval). I could understand Mega Man being thrown there but I thought they still cared about Street Fighter. Then again I imagine the playable in browser games are actually the most popular games falling into certain criteria.

It's all the stuff old enough to be in the MS DOS internet archives. They don't generally ask for permission.

Vivir

Neo Member
For Leisure Suit Larry, you can press CTRL ALT X when they ask a question to skip it and prove you're old enough !

Top Bottom