• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (PS2 Classic) coming to EU PSN (18th May)

Zareka

Oooh, nice. I picked this up on PS2 a while ago and got relatively far in but now I can't remember what's going on. Might pick this up and restart it for convenience.

Shengar

Will it feature Dante from Devil May Cry(tm) series?

Please, you should at least post the appropriate, seal of awesomeness

tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc.png

mp1990

Banned
Great to hear that, i hope you guys from EU enjoy it, if its you first time with it or not. Tried to play it some weeks ago, but yeah, I'm too casual for it, my ass was totally kicked in kust the second dungeon.

Danielsan

I wonder if the Amala Network will still be bugged in 50hz. Not that anyone should play it on 50hz rather than 60hz.

Also pick this up if you don't own it yet. Great JRPG ever made.

Vertti

Nice! Now put Persona 3 & 4 there too. I wanna play those. And very nice how SMT3 supports 60 hz in PAL-land!

Not sure whether I should get this despite the praise. I loved SMT4, Soul Hackers and found Devil Survivor okay. However, I consider Digital Devil Saga to be the worst games I've ever finished and I'm already getting nightmares from seeing the same graphics in this title. Also, the EU PSN ports were pretty bad for DDS and that was Ghostlight too.

Shiina

Not sure whether I should get this despite the praise. I loved SMT4, Soul Hackers and found Devil Survivor okay. However, I consider Digital Devil Saga to be the worst games I've ever finished and I'm already getting nightmares from seeing the same graphics in this title. Also, the EU PSN ports were pretty bad for DDS and that was Ghostlight too.

Now I've seen everything.

Don't worry, you're not the only one -- DDS was pretty awful. With that said, Nocturne is miles ahead of it. DDS is pretty much a shallow version of Nocturne with a horrible story tacked on. I don't know why anyone would play DDS when they could just play Nocturne.

Don't worry, you're not the only one -- DDS was pretty awful. With that said, Nocturne is miles ahead of it. DDS is pretty much a shallow version of Nocturne with a horrible story tacked on. I don't know why anyone would play DDS when they could just play Nocturne.

I mean, I can imagine it's automatically better because it doesn't take the series' core (demon managing) out of it without compensation. But then there also was that atrocious encounter rate in DDS that could give NES RPGs a run for their money, which was even worse because of battles taking much longer in 3D, you barely ever leveling and terrible dungeon design which boiled down to trolling the player, just like certain boss strategies. Looking at wikipedia, this title seems to have had completely different directors, so that gives me some hope too.

Cool. I already have 3 physical copies (yay roommates) and I'm not one of those I HAVE TP OWN IT ON EVERYTHING people but still cool.

have the stanard smt3 jp, nocturne us, lucifer's call eu..
i might bite the fourth time, but i'd REALLY love a psvita option :X

Meneses

Shame that my PS3 is already "retired", or I would buy this day one.

Maybe they decide to enable PS2 classics on the PS4 someday.

Danielsan

You should get it. Granted, I dug Digital Devil Saga, but Nocturne as leagues ahead of it, or any other Megaten game for that matter. It bums me out that the sequels (Strange Journey / IV) are not even close to being half as good as this game.

Top Bottom