• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed first look coming May 21st [Seemingly NFS: Underground]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryman

Speaking of the Underground series, is there any digital download options for them ?

Sadly, none that I can find. I too was looking for a legal way to download Underground 2, but to no avail. Stupid EA, you could have had my money if you wanted.

Oh well, really hoping this is Underground 3. The soundtrack and car customization in U2 was fantastic.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
The fact that no one has been giddy enough to leak something exciting kinda makes me paranoid this is gonna be an empty thunder type thing.

:(

saladine1

There was a lot that need fixing in Pro Street, but yeah - neon lights should be hanging from the ceiling and nowhere else.

QEfoTBO.jpg

C'mon mate, this is fully sick bro!

But seriously, as much as I love having the option to put anything on my car, neon lights would be right at the bottom of the list.

Sid

The following would have really made the Underground experience even better for me:-
Car packs
Course packs
Car+Course packs
Season pass
DLC not included in the first season pass
Microtransactions
Pre order bonuses
GoTY edition

I hope all these jaw dropping additions are coming to the Underground formula EA

Yoday

I can't wait to see what a true current gen arcade racer using Frostbite looks like. Rivals looked fine, but it was just a 1080p PS3 game. I hope we get to see some gameplay, but with E3 so close I am expecting a typical reveal trailer with gameplay to come at E3. I can badly believe we could finally see a new NFS with customization again. It has been far too long. They also really need to nail the online functionality this time. Rivals was a cool concept that just wasn't handled properly. Also, cops are nice, but not Rivals cops. That was just a nightmare, and I mostly played as one.

saladine1

I can't wait to see what a true current gen arcade racer using Frostbite looks like. Rivals looked fine, but it was just a 1080p PS3 game. I hope we get to see some gameplay, but with E3 so close I am expecting a typical reveal trailer with gameplay to come at E3. I can badly believe we could finally see a new NFS with customization again. It has been far too long. They also really need to nail the online functionality this time. Rivals was a cool concept that just wasn't handled properly. Also, cops are nice, but not Rivals cops. That was just a nightmare, and I mostly played as one.

As long as it conveys exactly what most of us are hoping for, then I wouldn't mind if it was CG or gameplay shown.

Either way, it better show:

Shitload of customization (performance/aesthetics)
Night..and only night
Good variety of cars (tuners,muscle,exotics)
Some racing disciplines
Semi naked chicks
An antagonist

Rosur

Well, really hope it's better than rivals at least then some NFS fans would be happy.

Assuming they improve on the rivals tech (can see them using it for the open world) but change the theme to be a city and underground 1/2 style cars and the mods/ nitros that goes with it, then I'm all in.

Maybe they should set it in Tokyo?

Bluforce

If this is a new Underground, better be a ton of small cars.

Tuning an Aventador is awful compared to tuning a 208, Golf, ecc.

Komo

Banned
It's probably going to be a mix of affordable cars and supercars. We already know that there will be an Aston Martin

If it is indeed Underground, I think there's gonna be a lack of focus on super cars. At least, I hope so. (Not a fan of super cars)

Sticking to the traditional Underground formula would probably mean mostly cars you'll see on the street now in North America with the occasional JDM and a few sports cars thrown into the mix

If it is indeed Underground, I think there's gonna be a lack of focus on super cars. At least, I hope so. (Not a fan of super cars)

Sticking to the traditional Underground formula would probably mean mostly cars you'll see on the street now in North America with the occasional JDM and a few sports cars thrown into the mix

I'm not sure how big of a role supercars will play, but they already have quite of few of them modeled from Rivals, so I expect them to make use of them in this game. But the focus definitely need to be on more inexpensive cars.

I'm not expecting it, but i'd love to see a cockpit view in the game as well. You can do a lot of modding with interiors as well.

No news for this yet?

My hype is still intensifying!!!!!!

The reveal is likely at least seven hours away.

Jeez, it's almost 12 PM and still no news?

EDIT:

Man, I just forgot that there are different time zones on this planet. That's how desperate I am for a new UNDERGROUND
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom