• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed first look coming May 21st [Seemingly NFS: Underground]

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

We need drifting first and foremost.
We do. I liked Carbon's drifting but I think it should be more realistic and not just moving the analog stick. Drifting shouldn't just be about going at a certain angle and going the fastest you can go.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This is what I want.

T8lvZzv.jpg

This crazy bullshit.

woolley

Don't knownwhy people hate Underground 2 because of open-world.

In UG2 the world was basically a hub to get into the races and the actual races were closed track. Carbon and Most Wanted were the same way. If they repeat that then I'm good.

I would be completely fine with an open world hub like UG2 but I really don't want open world racing, it's just not fun.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Oh please, not this again. Why can't they focus on the exotics like they did the past few games? And it looks like they're hogging the Porsche license again, so it's going to be Ruf substitutes for Forza 6.

I'm passing this year.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'll be so pissed if this means no Porsches in Forza 6. Come the hell on, I want my 918 Spyder in a sim racer already.

SliChillax

Oh please, not this again. Why can't they focus on the exotics like they did the past few games? And it looks like they're hogging the Porsche license again, so it's going to be Ruf substitutes for Forza 6.

I'm passing this year.

There's plenty of games with exotics, they're getting boring. Go play them instead.

I have the feeling that this will simply be called "NfS Underground" again. No Number. So basicly a Reboot.

And a lot of people will complain again because something is missing etc :p

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Obligatory, from the Forza 5 OT.

"277 is soon to be rendered for the Forza Motorsport series"

277 is this:

It might not be for Forza 6, but it's for Forza, and it's 100% a 911 and not a RUF or some replica.

I hope you're right, but I want the 918 Spyder to race against the McLaren P1 and LaFerrari, and a Cayman GT4, and a 959, and a 919 Le Mans racer, amongst other things.

There's plenty of games with exotics, they're getting boring. Go play them instead.
I don't play racing games to drive a virtual Fiat 500 when I have the real thing in my garage. Give me the cars I will never see in real life, much less own.

Oh please, not this again. Why can't they focus on the exotics like they did the past few games?
I don't play racing games to drive a virtual Fiat 500 when I have the real thing in my garage. Give me the cars I will never see in real life, much less own.
Did you even read what you said? The last several games were exotics and you're complaining? There are plenty of racing games like that for you (including the majority of NFS games). Feel free to play those instead.

I hope you're right, but I want the 918 Spyder to race against the McLaren P1 and LaFerrari, and a Cayman GT4, and a 959, and a 919 Le Mans racer, amongst other things.

When Turn 10 get the Porsche sublicence, they go all-out. If they get the sublicence in 2015, they'd have to be literally crazy not to have at least the 918, Cayman and 959. 919 might be a stretch though.

Well, no one drives stock cars in Underground. They're there to modify into something like this

fiato8u92.jpg

Oh god I hope it's a next gen underground. I loved the underground games and I don't like racing games normally. If it is it better have a killer soundtrack.

kulapik

Could easily be faked. Could be just a domain someone bought to redirect to a 404'ed page on the NFS site.

It's a name registered by EA years ago. I just checked another that EA registered (Lightning) and the same appears. So it could not mean anything. Sorry :|

It's a name registered by EA years ago. I just checked another that EA registered (Lightning) and the same appears. So it could not mean anything. Sorry :|

Well with that info it could. But with you mentioning that it was registered years ago, it might just be for security in the name and they might never do anything with it. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Bandit1

I see what you're saying but I have to disagree! The last several Need For Speeds have been heavily supercar oriented, I think it's time for the series to focus on lower-tier cars that are highly modifiable. 240sx, GT86, WRX, hopefully some old muscle, that's what I'm hoping for.

Please be 60fps!
Please be 60fps!
Please be 60fps!
Please be 60fps!
Please be 60fps!
Please be 60fps!
Please be 60fps!
PLEASE!!!!

Ettie

I see what you're saying but I have to disagree! The last several Need For Speeds have been heavily supercar oriented, I think it's time for the series to focus on lower-tier cars that are highly modifiable. 240sx, GT86, WRX, hopefully some old muscle, that's what I'm hoping for.

This plus trashy mods and loud paint. I'm 16 again. Brb installing neon under my gf's dash.

I remember Underground 1 & 2 having awesome soundtracks but I'm afraid to go revisit them just in case they haven't aged well.

Also please have drifting, I don't care how unrealistic it was, that shit was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom