• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed first look coming May 21st [Seemingly NFS: Underground]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukie85

If they were to take all the kits from UG1 + all the kits from UG2, added in new ones of course, and topped it off by bringing back autosculpt to shape any of them the way YOU wanted them? Oh man...

Mad1723

If they were to take all the kits from UG1 + all the kits from UG2, added in new ones of course, and topped it off by bringing back autosculpt to shape any of them the way YOU wanted them? Oh man...

Knowing EA, it's probably another reboot with limited content but cool graphics.

Mullah88

CFdEsaNWMAABI_F.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/601024605327876096

looks like a liberty walk kit! holy shit, now give me a lac

crazyprac

Mwuahahahaha it's happening! Been waiting for so long. Even if it's a minor update to ug1-2 I'll be happy. Just don't be too online focus.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Underground is one of my fav racing games ever. I hope it comes back....but not as a bastard version of its former self.

Chris1

Underground is one of my fav racing games ever. I hope it comes back....but not as a bastard version of its former self.

I'm optimistic as they're taking 2 years to make this one. It's also Underground, I don't think EA will want to risk fucking it up. If they make a good, true successor it could bring NFS back to where it should be and bring a ton of old NFS players back. Fucking up the Underground series would be unforgivable. People have been asking this for years, I think they're going to tread carefully.

I'm still a bit worried that they do fuck it up, but I've got a good feeling about this one.

What was so special about Underground?

I recall playing it, it was open world at night, right? Lots of street racing?

What made it so special compared to the other NFS games?

RoKKeR

Underground 2 was one of the best NFS games by a landslide. Fun street racing, great career/events, customization everywhere... so good.

Also, car in the picture looks like a 350/370Z. Considering the 350Z was the cover car for Underground 2... evidence grows...

2015-Nissan-370Z-NISMO-6.jpg

Suzzopher

The good one wasn't open world. But what made it great was how exciting the racing was for me. Real break neck speed with a bit of drama, looked pretty too.

I hated Underground 2 though.

I feel out of touch with this thread. I love open world racing, I love both Underground games but 2 was much better because of the open world. And I'd love to take that open world online.

Though what really matters is that I can customize every little thing imaginable including stuff that doesn't make a difference whatsoever.

sgjackson

underground and underground 2 are the only need for speeds i have any nostalgia for so bringing the name back gets my attention. the aesthetic was always appealing - bright cities at night, turning non-descript cars into gaudy bangers. it feels like such a relic of the decade now, and i'm hoping ea/ghost can find a way to duplicate the feel while making it modern.

Underground 2 was one of the best NFS games by a landslide. Fun street racing, great career/events, customization everywhere... so good.

Also, car in the picture looks like a 350/370Z. Considering the 350Z was the cover car for Underground 2... evidence grows...

Wait, which picture?

Mullah88

man let me do this to my wagon!...if there is any wagons in the game....no love for wagons. but seeing speedhunter gives me hope

cadillac-cts-v-wagon-stanced.jpg

18qn9fp00sm0zjpg.jpg

lem0n

Which picture? That one from Twitter is obviously a Porsche 930 with the RWB treatment. It actually looks just like Pandora One

IMG_4493.jpg

What? It looks nothing like either of those.

Upgrading, tuning, liveries, insane amount of customization.

And the drag races with manual gears.

OmegaDL50

I just noticed the rim's green, too. What was the last game that let you change the color of the rim? Underground 2?

Didn't Shift 2 allow this or am I mistaken?

I swear you could do full out livery editing and even repaint the rims in that game.

Despera

Banned
It's not, it's 100% a 1989-1994 Porsche 964 with some sort of bodykit on it. The angle of the headlights changed slightly with each model and the one in the picture is the 964.
You mean based on this image

LPjWsMR.jpg

Yeah it looks closer to a 930 than a 964 judging by the headlights.

Kayant

Please bring back spike strips, helicopters, and whatever the building blockade things were called from the first most wanted.

Hope we get a gameplay teaser but I bet it will be press impressions then gameplay at E3

I doubt this is going to happen, but please have two player split-screen. Has so much fun playing Underground with my friends and family.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom