• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn likely delayed to January-March 2016

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's went from Fall 2015 to FY2016 which ends March 2016.

Given what's coming out this Fall, that probably makes a lot of sense.

FCG0WAO.png

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2049380

SerTapTap

Oh god crossgen for WWE, that poor franchise. I don't know who's ruining it more anymore, Yukes or 2K

Can someone explain to me what Battleborn is? In marketing terms if possible?

Battleborn is a Next Gen™ First Person shooter® Multiplayer Online Battle Arena™ for PS4 and Xbox One® The All In One Games and Entertainment System from Microsoft™

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I honestly had completely forgotten about Battleborn. Have they said anything about it since the announcement?

I really like the WWE game from last year, but don't allow the old systems to hinder it please. Make it the best you can and have someone else port it.

Fisty

Sounds like something they should have just integrated into Borderlands, which could use a few new ideas at this point.

2016 sounds about right considering they haven't said anything at all about this game since the GI reveal. Still interested. It's not nearly as MOBA as some of you might think, though it's definitely influenced by them.

EDIT: They REALLY need to change that title font. Makes it look like some gener-o mobile game.

Kade

I really think Blizzard and Overwatch put a dent in Gearbox's plans for this game. Rewatching some of the raw gameplay footage for Battleborn and seeing the animations, abilities and intricacies of some of the heroes, the two games are almost indistinguishable.

For a second I thought this was about Battlechasers, and got sort of excited since I don't expect that until late 2016 at the earliest.

Ah well.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The fact this game is keeping me from getting a next Gen Borderlands three actually makes me want it less.

Why didn't they just make this game as a multiplayer component to Borderlands 3? Would have added a ton of value to the game and allowed them to reuse assets and cut costs. Borderlands has a ton of characters that would work for a moba anyways, you could even add the crazy random gun hook to the mix to make a truly unique moba experience.

Sometimes I don't understand companies :p.

I don't understand the want for this to be a component of Borderlands. Most of the hero characters revealed play waaaayyy different than anything in that game. I mean, I guess you could shoehorn the IP in to it, but it would still probably need to be a separate game for any chance of it to be good.

Aikidoka

You're thinking of Battlecry.
Right, thanks. Man, I was initially glad that they were trying something new - instead of all the dota-clones that kept coming from nowhere. But, now with Blizzard, Gearbox, and Bethesda all making the same new idea, it seems like it's just a different type of flood coming.

Joey Ravn

Banned
WWE 2K16 still getting last gen release? Guaranteed shit.

Edit: No PC at launch?

Disheartening. I was hoping that 2k16 would be a good game and that it would be release on the same day on PC as on consoles, now that we finally got a wrassling game after so many years :(

Top Bottom