• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: 2K & R* San Diego working on a cross-over of 2 Games

Turkoop

Banned
I dunno how reliable this guy is, but lets hope the best
http://www.upgaming.org/mafia-and-l-a-noire-are-back-as-one

He says, Hangar 13 & R* San Diego working on a crossover Game between Mafia & L.A Noire.
We should expect a demo at E3
I’ve received some news about Mafia and L.A Noire (in a big working progress), actually it is going to be one big game ! A cross-over between the 2 series. The studio in charge of the development of this crossover is Hangar 13 and Rockstar San Diego.

A real time demo version will be showing during E3 2015

Concerning the game itself, you will be able to create your own character (flexible story), including a massive online multiplayer mode.

I will tell you more when I have more information.
Of course take this with a grain of SALT.

His bio:
I'm the founder of UpGaming and NFStudios.com I've been working on the video game and cinema industry for almost 15years. Film Director, Assistant Director, Writer, Colorist, Filmmaker, Rollerblader, Dev and more ;).

Metfanant

Agent.jpg

it lives!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A crossover between LA Noire and Mafia with massive online multiplayer .
I have no idea what's that supposed to mean.

Like, what does "LA Noire x Mafia" even mean?

Jawmuncher

Seems pretty cool to me. Switch between searches and regular mafia missions. Hell will help fix the repetitive nature of LA Noire.

Sounds interesting. If they mashed AGENT, Mafia and L.A. Noire together using each games respective strengths, then I'll finally get the game I wanted L.A. Noire to be.

Yeah, not buying it.

Rockstar never shows demos of anything at E3, why start now? (Especially with a multiplayer focused LA Noire/Mafia hybrid)

Bry0

Cops and Mobsters, why are you guys saying that doesn't go together? Doesn't necessarily mean you have to jam detective work into the game. Could just be a crossover of some characters or something, or you play as cops chasing down mobsters, then it swaps it around so you get both sides of the story.

There was something in the E3 thread that said to expect more La Noire.

HOLY SHIT WHAT IF

3 Protagonists
-High up Mafia member, Capo maybe
-Rookie Mafia, undercover cop/informant later in game
-Detective working against Mafia, plays like LA Noire

Agent comes back to live at E3 and together with Last Guardian Sony Fans will get an heart attack

dreams are beautiful....are they?

Rockstar don't do demos at E3. At most, a trailer or an announcement. And that's once in a blue moon.

That in itself is enough to tell you it's fake.

Corto

OThere was something in the E3 thread that said to expect more La Noire.

HOLY SHIT WHAT IF

3 Protagonists
-High up Mafia member Capo maybe
- Detective working against Mafia

Give this man 100 million and a dev team!

Yeah, not buying it.

Rockstar never shows demos of anything at E3, why start now? (Especially with a multiplayer focused LA Noire/Mafia hybrid)

I think this is the fastest I've ever come around on a concept, at first It seemed ridiculous...but now mere minutes later it seems genius.

Hope it's true, I've always wanted a open world narative where you control both the criminals and the police on their trail.

I just hope they bring back the facial scanning tech from Noire (and most of the cast of Mad Men again)

LA Noire X Bioshock

Have to solve a series of grisly murders in Rapture.

$$$$

EDIT
LA Noire X Bioshock X Manhunt

Have to solve a series of grisly murders in Rapture, but also play as the murderer carrying them out
$$$$$$$$

Welfare

There was something in the E3 thread that said to expect more La Noire.

HOLY SHIT WHAT IF

3 Protagonists
-High up Mafia member, Capo maybe
-Detective working against Mafia, plays like LA Noire

Game of whatever year it releases in.

Rockstar don't do demos at E3. At most, a trailer or an announcement. And that's once in a blue moon.

Well it's not only Rockstar's game if this rumor is to be true. If the game is going to be called Mafia III like I'd assume, then I would see no reason for it not to have a demo. Mafia II had one E3.

Perhaps Take Two is developing and Rockstar is just simply letting them use the IP? That's the only way I can see it actually showing up at E3

Chris1

Mafia 2 was free with GWG this month on the 360, not saying it adds much to these rumours but generally if there's a sequel coming out MS makes the game free with gold a few months before hand. TR and The Witcher 2 being the most recent examples but they've sort of followed that line of thought since the beginning of GWG.

Probably means nothing, but it's something to look at I guess. Personally I don't necessarily think this is true but I hope to see more from LA Noire in future.

BioShock and something else. IdreamofHIME's idea w/ LA Noire sounds good, I'd also like to have Grand Theft BioShock, and be a criminal in, like, New Rapture or something

Kariodude

Banned
This could be incredible. They both completely nailed very different aspects of that time period. Combined it could be one hell of an amazing game.

Loved LA Noire, loved Mafia even more. But I can't see how a cross over between these two would be great especially with a massive online component.

Here human controlled mafia player, sit there while I interrogate you for 5 minutes.

Top Bottom