• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: 2K & R* San Diego working on a cross-over of 2 Games

I remember talk about Rockstar helping to make Mafia III before GTA V even came out. Now that the rumor is resurfacing with more info, it makes me believe this a little more. Does anyone else remember seeing these rumors back then?

Cardon

Considering the style that Rockstar develops their projects, internally with work divided amongst various Rockstar dev studios, coupled with how RS have always been very protective of how they develop their games in term of outside input and dev time, I'm calling complete bullshit on this rumor.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't believe this one, but we'll see I guess...

E3 is going to be good. Finally going to get some answers...

Guri

For the ones expecting a new Red Dead, it may even happen (and probably will), but just remember that a lot of people who worked on Redemption left Rockstar after it shipped, including at least one lead (designer and writer), Christian Cantamessa.

How did 2K know that the last thing we ever wanted was another Red Dead game? Bravo 2K! You've really got your finger on the pulse of the populace!

Brew124

I'm calling this bullshit.. I took a look through the rest of his website. If this indeed turns out to be true.. guess we're getting Shenmue 3 as a Wii U exclusive as well.. lol.

What’s up guys,

I was thinking of making this news last week (when I received this private information, I needed to receive more confirmation). Shenmue back ? Shenmue III will be a Wii U Exclusivity, a collector edition with a re-edition of Shenmue, with the Shenmue I and II available as well. A trailer of the Shenmue III for the Wii U will be showed during the Nintendo Direct at the same time as the E3 2015.

According to my private contact, Yū Suzuki, Sega and Nintendo have found a way to work together to make the game available for the Wii U. Sega is the developer, Nintendo the editor.

Apparently, the game have been under a working progress since 2012. The targeted platform was the Wii U and the Gamepad Wii U exploitation. With the Shenmue III you have the possibility to use most of the potential of the Gamepad Wii U.

When I have more information, I will let you know.

http://www.upgaming.org/shenmue-back-rumors

The Argus

No way Rockstar would work on a 2K series even though they report to the same boss. I just don't see a "Rockstar and 2K Joint" appearing on any marketing, if anything a 2K studio would be an end of credits out sourced studio. The Housers love their independence.

Judging from the above posts this rumor is probably BS, which is good as San Diego better be working on RDR3.

Musolf815

Although I'm still looking forward to Bully 2 and RDR 2 more, I would love for this to happen. My good buddy would love any new thing related to LA Noire.

HowZatOZ

Banned
If this does end up being true it's a shame our Australian dev team don't get to make it, though having the studio dead doesn't help. Hopefully they utilise Noire dace features, that stuff was awesome.

ptuck874

Red Dead Borderlands

hqdefault.jpg

MattyG

Banned
I've never heard of "upgaming".

L.A. Noire x Mafia SOUNDS awesome, and I'd love it, but this sounds like bullshit.

If it IS real though, I can see them doing parallel narratives where you play as the mafia commiting crimes, and then you switch to a detective and investigate the crimes or something.

Kayant

I'm the founder of UpGaming and NFStudios.com I've been working on the video game and cinema industry for almost 15years. Film Director, Assistant Director, Writer, Colorist, Filmmaker, Rollerblader, Dev and more ;).

I'm calling this bullshit.. I took a look through the rest of his website. If this indeed turns out to be true.. guess we're getting Shenmue 3 as a Wii U exclusive as well.. lol.

http://www.upgaming.org/shenmue-back-rumors

Yh looool.

Jawmuncher

There's nothing prevent all of the newer rockstar games from being in the same universe is there?
State of Emergency was only published not Developed by R*.

Top Bottom