• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight achievement list revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Careful, i'm not sure how spoiler-ish those are.

As we have said many times, we will not simply post up spoilers for all to see. That being said, the achievement list is one of those things that people love to get a look at despite the fact that it does hold minor spoilers. If you want to go in totally blind, then stop reading.

One thing that is really cool – the trophies are named after comic book arcs. Nice touch, Rocksteady.

http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/201...m-knight-achivement-list-is-here/#prettyPhoto

Complete the trials and prove you're a worthy successor
sounds an awful lot like
Batman is dying and the mantle is being taken over.

Wouldn't be surprising given the Statue leak from Amazon hinting at it.

Hmm....some of these some obvious in terms of what characters are invovled. Others are less easy to determine. The actual plot of the game seems rather well hidden under these achievements and I really don't know exactly how events will unfold.

pizzacat

Banned
sounds an awful lot like

its probably azrael taking his place for a bit, or the other way around?

SyberWolf

sounds an awful lot like

sounds like what happend in the movie.

Fisty

Looks like they dont have a trophy specifically for NG+ or 100%, and I dont see anything about Medals... confused

Alienous

sounds an awful lot like

That isn't the one, man.

Don't click if you don't want to know. Potential spoilers
The 'Initiate Knightfall Protocol' achievement. 'Knightfall' was the comic storyline when Bruce Wayne got replaced as Batman. It sounds to me like Batman has a contingency for his death, a 'Knightfall protocol'.

I do hope they touch on a Battle for the Cowl like storyline. They have too many playable characters not to. Here's hoping Batman gets killed mid-game.

I love when lists are almost entirely made up of actual story stuff. Fuck some of the other arkham games lists...with those stupid challenge room things. The AR things dont sound that bad, if they are what I remember from City(or was that origins?)

zychi

Banned
Any one of those Trophies
named after the Court of Owls storyline?

No.

There really isnt that many spoilers in it. Just what you can do in the game. The leaked story from 4chan last Fall seems to be
true tho

Game should be fun. Can't wait. PC version is same day as consoles right?

Alienous

No.

There really isnt that many spoilers in it. Just what you can do in the game. The leaked story from 4chan last Fall seems to be
true tho

Game should be fun. Can't wait. PC version is same day as consoles right?

Why so?

0racle

No difficulty trophies?

I hope this is the case. I just finished blood borne and now on death march witcher 3. I need a fun relaxing romp through gotham

Alienous

Any new features or gameplay details in the achievements?

A
Vulcan Gun
is mentioned, but I imagine that's just a
Batmobile weapon.

I'm not seeing any new features or gameplay details in these achievements.

Holy shit

Scar of the Bat - Cure the Doctor.... ...Manbat?!?!

Ooo, that does make sense.
He's long overdue for an appearance.

zychi

Banned
could you pm me the 4chan story too please?

just google "arkham knight 4chan" and click images. its the first thing to pop up.

my point was that the 'leak,' which was over a year ago, references a ton of stuff in those achievements, but the achievements cleverly hide them whos involved

Not going to lie,

City of Fear
:
Defend the assault on your ally's fortress.

sounds awesome and has me more hyped for this than I have been in months.

Also shoutout to the one guy who has two achievements.

Boke1879

just google "arkham knight 4chan" and click images. its the first thing to pop up.

my point was that the 'leak,' which was over a year ago, references a ton of stuff in those achievements, but the achievements cleverly hide them whos involved

Wow just read the spoilers. That's some pretty heavy stuff.

I guess AR challenges could be these medals, although they weren't in AC.
Apparently 23 of them

That's really weird.

I am thinking that too, but it seems weird that they would refer to it as AR mode now. I sure hope that this game continues the tradition of the challenge/predator maps as they are where the combat and stealth gameplay really shine.

How hard are the batman games to platinum ?

Asylum was pretty freaking easy. City was time consuming with a couple of legitimately difficult bits. Origins was a nightmare due to its multiplayer requirements. If Knight is truly missing an NG+ achievement, it'll probably fall somewhere between Asylum and City, depending how taxing the challenge mode is.

Having read through the achievement list, I can speculate on the following:

All of Scarecrow's inner circle, or top lieutenants will be Most Wanted side quest material that the player has to apprehend, similar to Poison Ivy in the Going to War footage that was recently released.

So I wonder what characters will fill in the role of traditional boss encounters. Asylum had Bane, Joker, Poison Ivy, and an assortment of Titan enhanced thugs. City had Solomon Grundy, Ra's al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, and Clayface. I have to assume that the Arkham Knight will be one of them, but who else could Rocksteady use? Maybe Killer Croc, who was never really given a traditional encounter in Asylum. An aerial battle with Man-Bat sounds intriguing, although nothing is confirmed, but him and the Ventriloquist are the last characters who haven't been adapted into the Arkhamverse from the classic Animated Series era when you think about it.

As much as I love the Rocksteady series, it seems like they've never really put heavy priority into developing their boss encounters. it's almost like a lost art. Something that the Japanese still trumps western developers.

Top Bottom