• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight's file size is 45 GB

How much of it is useless prerendered cutscenes? I'm gonna guess half.

This.

I don't care that it's taking up space, as long as it's properly compressed and there's just a lot of it. Hell, I'd be thrilled that there's such a massive amount of content (or at least unique assets).

But more often or not it's 35gb of uncompressed video or audio and <10gb of game.

It's getting to the stage where AAA games being >40Gb is less news and more of a fact of life. Looking forward to the reactions when someone (predicting either Square Enix or Rockstar) breaks the 100Gb barrier for a console version of one of their games.

Am I gonna be able to play all of that, or do I need to pre-order it from like 6 different retailers to unlock the full 45 gigs?

K.Sabot

Become less and less of a digital user lately, internet infrastructure and service provider policies haven't kept up with the file sizes.

Salsa

loading it up to go play gwent

tumblr_inline_mi575oLrLE1qz4rgp.gif

Guess I am going to wait before buying to find out which version is better to go for but damn 45 gig of data install is insane, seriously when is Sony going to release external drive support for games like the X1 does

I don't understand using an SSD in a PS4 and then complaining about space when there are 2TB drives available. Take the SSD out and use it in something that will actually put it to good use, like a computer. Then buy a much cheaper 2TB drive for your PS4.

Genio88

Where is the surprise? After GtaV, Witcher 3 etc you should know that latest AAA games, especially if freeroaming, will always be around 35/50GB, not a real problem for me cause i've SSD an a storage Hard Disk on my PC and i dont mind deleting older installed games which i know i won't play again

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not to be a dick but isn't that pretty much standard now for this gen? Do we need to act shocked everytime a new game is 50gigs?

Top Bottom