• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abzû (PS4) blowout in Game Informer; new screens, info

Amir0x

Banned
There's a big story inside Game Informer about their hands on with Abzû. I'll post the full summary once I get the article, but here's tidbits from their article preview:

abzualtarv2zw2.jpg

abzudrone57xxv.jpg

abzujellythah0.jpg

abzuschool6rzlt.jpg

abzustingrayepzbr.jpg

abzu6.9insetajyu7p.jpg
abzu6.9insetb0lup7.jpg

abzu6.9insetcdkusd.jpg
abzu6.9insetd86u44.jpg

abzu6.9insete3eurh.jpg
abzu6.9insetfr1u4r.jpg

abzu6.9insetgjpg0uuqb.jpg
abzu6.961090ugc.jpg

● Each environment has different puzzles to try to solve
● "Drones can be revived in order to mine mineral pools."
● The game contains tens of thousands of fish types from different eras.
● Thousands of fish can be on screen at one time.
● There are different eras of fish. Prehistoric Fish?
● Every fish exists within the food chain, and the player can manipulate it.
● You can press a button to swim with schools of fish, or catch a ride on various sea creatures (like the sea turtle pictured).

Zetta

Oh hell this is the game I've always wanted. This looks amazing and who wouldn't love to swim around with sharks from different eras.

CHC

Oh god this is looking so so so good. I really have been wanting a good underwater game since (oddly enough) GTA V's beautiful coral reefs.

Release is still TBA 2016 so ugggh but there's enough else in the meantime.

This is 2.5D right?

I sincerely hope not, it begs to be explored fully!

Lovin it. The world needs more underwater explorathons. Attention to detail with all the flora and fauna is an insta buy for me. There's a reason Ecco Dreamcast was one of my favorite games on the system. Love me some fully fleshed out underwater worlds.

Jac_Solar

Tens of thousands of fish types from different areas? How's that possible? Are they using a library of models or something?

Top Bottom