• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are you more excited about? Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy VII

What's the most exciting thing about Square Enix right now?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seems like FFXV has taken second place to FFVII for the last few days. I think FFXV can be great, I just need to see more of it. Right now FFVII has me the most pumped though.
Which one are you most excited about?

Mashing

This reminds me, of all the awesome shit SE showed, they didn't show anything of FFXV. I wonder what's up with that?

Fjordson

I guess XV because it's new. But new Final Fantasy hasn't been good in a long time and I haven't seen enough of XV yet to know if Squenix hasn't fucked yet again.

dickroach

VII because I've played it like a dozen times before and I'm going to start another play-through tonight.

but the remake looks cool. yeah. that.

jett

D-Member
I'll be properly excited about VII when there's a real game to look at.

There's definitely a shadow cast over XV now though due to this announcement. :p

antitrop

Final Fantasy VII Remake, because it's been my favorite game for 17 years now.

Started replaying the PC version last night, couldn't even wait for the "original upscaled graphics" PS4 port.

TL21xx

Banned
XV, because I've played the demo, it's coming out first, and it's a new story. I'm excited for the VII remake, but it's just that, a remake. I'm pumped for both regardless.

Dabanton

Versus looks more interesting to me. FF7 was amazing when I was younger I doubt it will have the same effect all these years later.

This reminds me, of all the awesome shit SE showed, they didn't show anything of FFXV. I wonder what's up with that?

Marketing for XV starts at gamescom which means the game is releasing next year. Fall 2016 would be my guess if it's worldwide remains to be seen.

XV

Rs9JUzX.gif

Sifl

7 remake, didn't enjoy the 15 demo at all
Watch the remake have a battle system similar to 15's

Ascenion

XV, because I've physically played it and know it at least exists, and has a good chance of releasing before I'm 30.

Nephtes

Is this a question?
FFVII of course

to see how badly they screw it up, assuming all the talk about changing things from the original besides the graphics can be believed... :(

kunonabi

World of Final Fantasy

Bingo. I suppose if FFVI makes the needed tweaks to the battle system, ups the difficulty, and improves the writing and characterizations of pretty much the entire cast I could see it being good. The original had promise it was just deeply flawed. FFXV does nothing for me since the battle system is a total turn off. World of Final Fantasy is just super appealing to me as long as it has a turn-based combat system with a full party.

Top Bottom