• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are you more excited about? Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy VII

What's the most exciting thing about Square Enix right now?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be hyped for the one that get to be released on PC.

If none of them get on PC then I'll chose FFXV just because it's a new story tho.

XV we have lots of information on and is looking pretty good, so I'm more excited for it. I don't really know much about the VII remake other than it exists so it's hard for me to get too pumped for it yet.

antitrop

VII

HD Tifa is happening. umph they need to keep that victory stretch

zBpAxb2.jpg

Mit-

VII.

As long as the story is intact and I can explore all the areas of the original, reimagined in glorious HD, I'll be good.

But if they fuck the story and the entire world is completely devoid of color I am going to be furious.

FFVII remake 2030.

Kyoufu

I'll be honest, VII Remake. I used to be very excited for XV when Nomura was at the helm, but now they keep showing the same road trip sections from the demo and I'm just like eh, whatever. I'm still excited to eventually play it but it has taken so long that I don't find myself as anxious to play it as I used to.

I'll buy both, but VII Remake is my most anticipated game, period.

SerTapTap

I...I don't know. FFXV has the most potential but I am the most certain FF7 remake will be enjoyable for me. I want more detail about FF World too, that looks great though we don't know much.

Basically all of them have the potential to be great, but while I'm excited for FF7 remake I'm anxious about FFXV. That said, I do need to try the updated demo.

15, because it's a new game and looks pretty neat.

7 sound neat, but it depends on how it's handled. If it plays and feels like FF7 did then I'm excited. If it feels like Advent Children and has things like Gackt injected into it then I'll lose interest.

Blobbers

Excited for both, but more for FF VII.

Norml levls of ex I------------I
FF XV excitement I-----------------------------I
FF VII excitement I----------------------------------------------------I

antitrop

I shouted very loud when Nomura's name came on screen ;-;

It was the slide that did it for me. I knew. I screamed and cried.

Even if it wasn't the exact same slide that Aerith and Cloud sit on before going to Wall Market, it was still more than enough iconography for me to know what they were getting at.

Both. I'm one of these rare people who never played FFVII through. I kinda joined the fun a bit late as I was full PC guy at that time. So I guess I'm lucky as I get hundreds of hours of fresh Final Fantasy soon.

SkylineRKR

I deleted the FFXV demo right after I beat it. Its overrated. But also the characters annoyed me. The good thing is that i'm not really looking forward to it as much as I used to.

I'm looking forward to FFVII more.

AwShucks

I'm actually scared when it comes to FF7 Remake now. I almost wish it wasn't announced because I don't want them to screw with the game.

So FFXV. It's new, it can be bad and it won't matter much since it has nothing to do with one of my top three favorite games. But it can be good and become one of my favorite games.

Also, Nier sequel over all.

Tiktaalik

FF 7 easily.

I haven't been interested in a new FF game since 12.

They've taken the series in a completely different direction than I'm interested in.

ShogunX

At this point whichever comes first. I'm really pumped about the remake but at the same time it's going to be years before we get our hands on it.

Korezo

FFVII. FFXV already looks like it's going to be tedious to play like 95% of open world games. I have yet to see fun environments or gameplay.

Kssio_Aug

I already finished FFVII, however it was my favorite Final Fantasy together with FFIX.

That said, FFXV is shapping pretty damn well, and resemble me the good old Final Fantasy but totally new!

I guess, by now, Final Fantasy XV. Maybe if both were to release next to each other my opinion would be different, but I'm trully excited for FFXV.

And yeah XV is suffering from Duscae Syndrome.

Show all the amazing shit from the CG trailers!

Yeah, a coworker of mine was talking about how cool the shot of Midgar's power cores were and he was sort of lamenting on how XV didn't have that. I showed him some of the other trailers that he hadn't seen and he was like "oh, so it's not just going to be all like Duscae?".

I think Duscae and the subsequent repetition of its media has burned a bunch of people out - we want new shit damnit!
tumblr_ndr2wqpEEr1u03799o10_400.gif

More excited for FFXV, for sure.

I'm eager to play FFVII again with a new coat of paint, but it'll be mostly the same, and I'm always more excited about new stuff.

Top Bottom