• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 kickstarter now viable?

//ARCANUM

Now that the impossible has happened and Shenmue III is getting made, is it now viable for a Zero Escape 3 kickstarter to happen? I mean, the proof is there. Fans will throw money at their screen for games like these.

What do you guys think? Are there business reasons that will prevent ZE3 from going to kickstarter? Should it? Shouldn't it?

Mononoke

Banned
I mean, if that is the only route they can take, sure? Why not? If they put it up, I'll back.

I'm not 100% familiar with their production, but is it rumored that they aren't getting backing, or a publisher?

I thought it said available and clicked with such force I almost broke my mouse.

I wish they would do this, I mean I'd be happier if a publisher picked it up but I want the final act so bad I'll pay through the nose to get it.

I would instantly put a hundred bucks or more into it.
I've been waiting for ZE3 ever since I played through VLR.
Both 999 and VLR have some of the best uses of story-relevant multiple endings I have ever seen in any game.

Also VLR ends on a fucking cliffhanger so ZE3 totally has to happen, be it regularly or via Kickstarter!
Actually, I might even prefer a Kickstarter because that may give it content that may not happen if it's developed like any other game.

EDIT:
Its looking like the game will be announced at Anime Expo this year so it probably doesn't need a Kickstarter.

Maybe it's announced AS a Kickstarter, Shenmue 3-style?

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah, it's looking to be announced in what, 15 days?
Generally this means the project has recieved its funding from a publisher.

//ARCANUM

I thought it said available and clicked with such force I almost broke my mouse.

I wish they would do this, I mean I'd be happier if a publisher picked it up but I want the final act so bad I'll pay through the nose to get it.

I apologize for the false hope. I know I would do the same if I thought a kickstarter had happened.

Its looking like the game will be announced at Anime Expo this year so it probably doesn't need a Kickstarter.

Both 999 and VLR have some of the best uses of story-relevant multiple endings I have ever seen in any game.

Also VLR ends on a fucking cliffhanger so ZE3 totally has to happen, be it regularly or via Kickstarter!
Actually, I might even prefer a Kickstarter because that may give it content that may not happen if it's developed like any other game.

EDIT:

I would *easily* pay $100 for it. I hadn't heard rumors about it possibly getting announced. If it is I will probably explode from happiness before I get the chance to play it.

Sandfox

EDIT:

Given that they've been teasing the game since April on a countdown site I would be somewhat upset if it ended up being a kickstarter.

Given that they've been teasing the game since April on a countdown site I would be somewhat upset if it ended up being a kickstarter.

Why would it matter? Assuming that the game will be funded without you backing it, you can just ignore it and buy it normally when it comes out later (that's what I've been doing with all kickstarter projects)

What's the difference?

Phamit

I think everybody is expecting this to be the countdown for the anouncement.

So we wait until we get dissapointed by this one until we talk about a Kickstarter

The 4infinity thing could be for a KS. I hope its just an announcement of the game and not a KS, but I would easily throw down at least 100 for this KS if that was the case.

I still maintain that #4infinity is for the announcement of actual fourth game of the Infinity series.

It will come in Fall 2016 with half the game unfinished due to lack of funding.

The Uchikoshi cycle will continue like an endless loop.

I mean, if that is the only route they can take, sure? Why not? If they put it up, I'll back.

I'm not 100% familiar with their production, but is it rumored that they aren't getting backing, or a publisher?

Uchikoshi and Aksys dropped a lot of hints of ZE3 actually being back in development a few months ago, with Aksys putting up a countdown that has been ticking down for almost 4 months now.
Everyone is pretty sure that it either leads to the biggest troll ever or Zero Escape 3. And I really hope it's the latter.

I would *easily* pay $100 for it. I hadn't heard rumors about it possibly getting announced. If it is I will probably explode from happiness before I get the chance to play it.

There have been two or three threads that have been shot down by mods, mostly because the first turned out to be a "Photoshop my avatar in the hype train picture"-thread at the end.
The other two were shot down because, well, a countdown lasting 4 months with no news inbetween is pretty un-thread-worthy.

The countdown lasts for another two weeks or so, I think. Here's the link if you're interested. It started out as a four-digits thing, representing months and weeks. When the last month began it changed to a MM-WW-DD set of numbers.

BedBison

Neo Member
Thing about this Kickstarter is that I feel like it could be 100% funded through it. I don't know how much the other ZE games cost to make but I can't imagine visual novel's cost very much.

EDIT: I know this is probably gonna be announced soon. I'm just saying, theoreticly.

I'd wait until after that teaser is done before making any assumptions.

If you've been following it closely, it seems very likely that it involves ZE3.

I apologize for the false hope. I know I would do the same if I thought a kickstarter had happened.

No need to apologise, I shall sit and wait until July 2nd.

//ARCANUM

I still maintain that #4infinity is the actual fourth game of the Infinity series.

Yeah... That makes a lot more sense to me. I mean why would it be saying 4 INFINITY when there's no 4th infinity game and actually mean it's ZE3? Doesn't make sense.... I hope I'm wrong. But... :/

Sandfox

Why would it matter? Assuming that the game will be funded without you backing it, you can just ignore it and buy it normally when it comes out later (that's what I've been doing with all kickstarter projects)

Where's the difference?

Because if it was a kickstarter I would rather they not have a 3 month countdown before they open it up when they could've been using that time on the actual game. My other issues is that the game could very well fail to get funded depending on the goal.

Yeah... That makes a lot more sense to me. I mean why would it be saying 4 INFINITY when there's no 4th infinity game and actually mean it's ZE3? Doesn't make sense.... I hope I'm wrong. But... :/

I don't really see why Aksys would start making the 4th game in the Infinity series for the west.

Because if it was a kickstarter I would rather they not have a 3 month countdown before they open it up when they could've been using that time on the actual game. My other issues is that the game could very well fail to get funded depending on the goal.

They could already be working on the game in that time to have something to show though?
And if the game fails to get funded through KS, there was no way that it would have been funded any other way anyway.

Sandfox

They could already be working on the game in that time to have something to show though?
And if the game fails to get funded through KS, there was no way that it would have been funded any other way anyway.
I'm just saying that after all this build up by Aksys I would prefer to see it already a sure thing and hopefully decently far into development.
It'll turn out to be one and the same :eek:!!

I would love that.

//ARCANUM

We've made our voices heard pretty loudly last week

and if Aksys receives more ZE3 tweets, they might flip ;) Let's give them a rest for the next two weeks.

Oh wow that site is pretty cool. Very nice to see! I also noticed Danganronpa 3 on that list, has that been announced or just another hopeful like ZE3? (Not Another Episode but full on DR3)

takoyaki

Oh wow that site is pretty cool. Very nice to see! I also noticed Danganronpa 3 on that list, has that been announced or just another hopeful like ZE3? (Not Another Episode but full on DR3)

Last week, ZE3 was the only unannounced game in the Top 50, reddit/Gaf/a few other places started to vote for ZE3 and this has lead to other groups of fans doing the same with unannounced games like DR3, Great Ace Attorney, etc.

But we got the Uchikoshi-bump :)

screenshot2015-06-13ammzca.png

Talking about the voting, not the game.

//ARCANUM

Last week, ZE3 was the only unannounced game in the Top 50, reddit/Gaf/a few other places started to vote for ZE3 and this has lead to other groups of fans doing the same with unannounced games like DR3, Great Ace Attorney, etc.

But we got the Uchikoshi-bump :)

screenshot2015-06-13ammzca.png

Talking about the voting, not the game.

Wow nice! Well that at least shows them they could sell about $80,000 worth of product from those votes alone! (About 2,000 votes x $40)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
What if they announce the Kickstarter in 2 weeks?

Top Bottom