• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 Changelog

dex3108

New patch should be released soon with these changes.

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1078

Pagusas

Elden Member
"A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt."

has there been any details on this?

Kyoufu

New movement? Please, please be good. I want to play this game without hating how Geralt moves around.

DJ_Lae

Nice, all the sorting and stash and weight changes sound fantastic.

Tempted to start a second playthrough because of them.

fedexpeon

Banned
Why do I even play western AAA game at launch?
My god, these changes would have improved the QoL in my 200hrs save.

ThisOne

Kinda glad I sold this right after launch. I mean, it was stupid of me to get it right at launch but at least now when I get it in a few more months, it will be much cheaper and should run much better on the PS4.

mackattk

Hopefully the horse movement will be beneficial. I am tired of Roach stopping suddenly randomly for no reason at all. I can't compete in any horse races because of it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Love the sound of the inventory management stuff.

Almost 60 hours in the game and just got to Skellige. It still feels like I'm maybe only halfway through.

Lakitu

st5fu
Fucccck, wish they add player stashes earlier. I've sold some really cool weapons and gear. Ah well, all sounds good.

And movement seriously needs to be addressed. It didn't bother me at first but going back to it after Arkham Knight made me realise just how clunky it is. Especially Roach, I get so annoyed when he just stops when crossing a bridge or something.

A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.

Yes to all these (the other stuff is good as well).

That's a nice list. They are obviously at least attempting to address a lot of the gameplay and interface complaints with this one. I hope they all work out well.

Gator86

Everything in these patch notes sounds amazing. These are all things I've griped about in my time with the game. This is already my top game so far this year but these updates look to improve things even further. People who pick up the inevitable GOTY release are gonna get an insane game with the extra polish and content from the free and paid DLC.

burgerdog

I don't even know why they bother with an inventory weight limit, what's the purpose of it? I would've gone crazy without pc weight mods.

hawk2025

Hopefully the horse movement will be beneficial. I am tired of Roach stopping suddenly randomly for no reason at all. I can't compete in any horse races because of it.

Having horse races is classic open world bloat in the first place, it had no business in the game, and most certainly not with the current mechanics.

I would patch them all out of the game altogether!

Carbonox

Did they ever fix the missing Gwent card issue where some can be permanently missed if you didn't get them in their respective mission? That bothered me massively.

laxu

I wish I had this patch before I tried dropping my Enhanced Griffin gear into a blacksmith's house only to see them gone after I returned from Skellige. Bastards must've used them to make plows or something.

In any case it's great that they keep improving the game with new features. Few developers would bother with this kind of support after release. That said, would've loved that some of these things had made it into the game in the first place as they're pretty common issues that immediately pop up.

Joey Ravn

Banned
It's great that CD Projekt RED is supporting their game so well. But I feel like I'll have to keep postponing starting my first playthrough, I guess, since they are still ironing out the rough edges (that movement issue many people were having, for example).

Ploid 3.0

New movement? Please, please be good. I want to play this game without hating how Geralt moves around.

I didn't like how he moved in Witcher 2, probably need to tone down the witcher style flair in their attacks. It seems to work against gameplay, or make the animations a lot quicker to not put you in a movement lock where you end up walking where you don't want to go.

The fixes to alchemy and stash locations is much needed. Also the read books tab is clutch because at some point you lose track of all the books you've hoarded and dont know what you can get rid of.

Max_Po

Banned
Anything specific to PS4 framerate?

CDK PD supported Witcher 2 very well however we do not have any solid confirmation that they have acknowledge PS4 Frame Rate specific issues.

Loakum

Banned
They NEED to fix a couple of these objective bugs! For instance during the "Magic Lamp" mission, you use your witcher sense, but then after you sole a statue puzzle, it says you failed to use your witcher sense. Also I can't access junior's stash in the "Gangs of Novigrad" mission. There are about 6 other missions with objective bugs in need of fixing!

JP

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
Please let this mean that they've finally made the controls more responsive, I had to give up on the game early on due to the really poor controls.

Piggus

My game crashes at a certain point during an important cutscene. In fact my whole computer just shuts down at that exact spot. Reeeallly hoping this fixes it so I can keep playing.

Top Bottom