• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 expansions "almost size of Witcher 2"

Exentryk

Interview with game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz at Gamelab:

"The expansion packs will be whole new storylines with all the elements you've got in the main story (like cutscenes, new characters, new items, new Gwent cards) and many, many more. They will be quite long. The first expansion will be around 10 hours and the second expansion will be around 20 hours... and I think it's possible that they will be bigger, because it's always like this (that when we plan some time or hours, it's twice or something like this), but I'm not promising anything right now. And even now, if you sum up this 10 to 20 hours and you compare it to The Witcher 2, it's almost the size of The Witcher 2. And it will be cool, it will be new stories, it will be very emotional stories and I think that people will be happy."

Full interview here - http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/329274/Witcher+3+expansions+%22almost+size+of+Witcher+2%22/

NEW GWENT CARDS HYPE!!!

Karl Hawk

Banned
I haven't completed the game (I'm still in Velen. Waiting for Patch 1.07 to come out lol), but in any case, I hope they are good.

imBask

Banned
using the "Destiny" scale, the first expansion will cost $200 and the second one will be $400

plus a new dance animation for Geralt for $20

Carlius

Banned
lol, i still need to beat witcher 3..its insanle overwhelming in a good way. love it. but i dont have time to lay with work and shit.

i love cdpr.

Philippo

I hate going back to old games because of new expansions, by that time i'll be playing something new and fresh, but for TW3 i think i'll do it.

Ledhead

PLEASE give Iorveth some love and give that last true Aen Sheide the place he deserves in one of these expansions.

I was pleased Roche carried over into Witcher 3. Iorveth's total exclusion outside of a gwent card was disappointing given he played an equally important role in Witcher 2.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Man im so hyped for this. I just finished the game a week ago, im going to save my replay until early next year when both these expansions are out and CDPR has gone through their usual post release magic, tweaking and improving the game.

Still not finished with the main game, but day one. CDPR deserves every bit of success.

I got my copy of tw3 free with my 970, but at times I'm tempted to just buy another copy to support them.

Just make it a gwent expansion with more tournaments and players. Higher stakes too. I hate how there's no downside to you losing but the AI opponent has to lose a card.

Have they said anything about returning characters? Or is the current game completely it for Triss, Ciri, Yen, etc. aside from anything that's patched in?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing how they can make Witcher 2 level expansion packs in such a time frame. How lond did it take them to develop Assassins of Kings?

EDIT: I also wonder if they'll have Mass Effect 3 Citadel moments. Like the true farewell to the characters.

Denton

Well, that's good because 3 was way too short.
/s

Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

Anyway it was an interesting interview (the video one in the article), shame OP only focused on one aspect of it. Konrad is a cool dude.

ironcreed

Banned
I'll buy it without even blinking. True expansions on top of an already massive and incredible experience? Yes please.

It'd be awesome if these expansions would allow me to get the cards I missed from a particular gwent tourney I skipped at a masquerade... :p
Only cards I'm missing.

Hoje0308

Banned
I just want some high level armor and new weapons. I'd also like to be able to kill Roach. Make it happen, duders.

I just want some high level armor and new weapons. I'd also like to be able to kill Roach. Make it happen, duders.

I think you can let it die. I got attacked by a griffon 20 level over me and ran on foot after Roach panicked. I ran and ran and when I whistled him a horse of different color showed up lol poor Roach he got gutted by that griffon :(

In terms of meaningful content I feel like witcher 2 wasn't that far behind 3. Some of the filler in 3 was nice but it was still a whole, whole lot of filler. Much of it was atrocious too.

I feel like Roach should be able to die like how horses in Red Dead could die. Would really drive the point home that Geralt names every horse Roach. Right now it just seems like it's the same horse, even in Skellige.

I'm most excited about new Gwent cards, but they really need to add end-game opponents. Opponents with randomized decks that can challenge you every time. Or just implement multiplayer Gwent functionality!

Hoje0308

Banned
I think you can let it die. I got attacked by a griffon 20 level over me and ran on foot after Roach panicked. I ran and ran and when I whistled him a horse of different color showed up lol poor Roach he got gutted by that griffon :(

I need the satisfaction of gutting him myself after he spawns in between two trees for the 100th time.

I feel like Roach should be able to die like how horses in Red Dead could die. Would really drive the point home that Geralt names every horse Roach. Right now it just seems like it's the same horse, even in Skellige.

That reminds me of all the times I shot a horse in the back of the head while riding it in that game. What a sick bastard!

Forkball

The worst part of The Witcher 3 is when it ended after 100 hours.

But expansions are coming with MORE gameplay!

But then those will end. Huge flaw in my opinion.

Denton

It was. W2 can take around 12-15 hours easily to complete if focused on the critical path.

That's a terrible way to play though. My third, completionist, playthrough (before TW3's release) took me 48 hours, doing all the quests and exploring everything.

Kinyou

Have they said anything about returning characters? Or is the current game completely it for Triss, Ciri, Yen, etc. aside from anything that's patched in?
It's a bit vague

No matter where you are right now, the story doesn't have to end. With The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass you can look forward to a whopping, additional 30 hours of monster-hunting adventure - complete with a brand new region of Toussaint and tons of new content and characters (including old friends) crafted with the same epic love you've come to expect.

https://www.gog.com/news/expand_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_get_free_games

Old friends could refer to someone like Triss, but also to someone that only appeared in Witcher 1 or 2.

Lunar15

Spoilers for Act 3:
Emyhr gives you a new horse for finding Ciri. It's black as opposed to the brown horse you had earlier. Still called Roach, of course.

Seanspeed

Banned
Amazing how they can make Witcher 2 level expansion packs in such a time frame. How lond did it take them to develop Assassins of Kings?
Well gameplay length in a huge open world is always a fair bit more than it would be in a more linear game, simply because time of traveling around and exploring increases. Doesn't necessarily mean there will be as many quests or content in general as all of TW2.

Not that I'm trying to knock it or anything. I consider wandering around/exploring in open world games quality gaming time.

Majmun

Not interested in Gwent. Played one game, not my thing.

But I'm here for more Witcher goodness.

Top Bottom