• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 expansions "almost size of Witcher 2"

Arjen

They should just remove Gwent from the game, whenever I pick the wrong dialogue option and end up in a gwent game I have to alt-F4, uninstall the game in format my computer

Yeah that would be better for everyone.
Who can guess that the let's play gwent option leads to playing a game of gwent.

Conezays

Very much looking forward to this; besides the combat, I enjoyed the game immensely. I can't think of a single-player game I've put 70+ hours into and come away wanting more. Currently reading all of the translated books before the expansions come out; the David French translations are particularly good that I've read so far.

imBask

Banned
Yeah that would be better for everyone.
Who can guess that the let's play gwent option leads to playing a game of gwent.

I play with keyboard and mouse and sometime I click fast, so just remove Gwent from the game.

cmon now Gwent is terrible anyway, just play Scrolls instead

Almost the size of Witcher 2? That's pretty crazy. Can't wait for this to come out. Beat the game a while back to play Batman and now going back to it to clear all of the question marks left on the map.

ViciousDS

Banned
Still not finished with the main game, but day one. CDPR deserves every bit of success.

I got my copy of tw3 free with my 970, but at times I'm tempted to just buy another copy to support them.

I have all 3 versions..........touched the xbox one version for maybe....4hours, but have finished (finally) on the PS4 recently.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hopefully this DLC happens after the main story. I hate content that comes out later, but chronologically takes place in the middle of the game. I hope is more like Dragon Age expansions and not Mass Efect.

I'm only playing this game once is my reasoning.

Considering what happens in one of the ending :
Geralt's assumed death. I doubt these expansions will take place post-ending.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How about bringing Dice Poker back? Gwent is fun but once you have an OP deck it's impossible to lose. Dice Poker is based entirely on luck and would be pretty simple to put in the game

whyman

I just hope the expansions actually take place after Witcher 3 and not somewhere before the final part.

Yea I want this too but its not looking good. :( I guess the best way to play witcher 3 would have been to wait until after the expansions are out. Now it just feels strange if the expansions take place in
alternate reality before (after) ending.

Priorities:

1. New Gwent Cards, with balance limiting number of hero cards per deck
1.1 More moments with Ciri and Geralt
1.2 More family moments
1.3 More x and Dandelion moments.
1.4 More Yen content
1.5 More Eskel moments.
1.6 More cutscenes less comic book panels.
2. More Triss content
3. New Beards
57. New quests and Areas
FTFY

Hopefully this DLC happens after the main story. I hate content that comes out later, but chronologically takes place in the middle of the game. I hope is more like Dragon Age expansions and not Mass Efect.

I'm only playing this game once is my reasoning.

We already know where the story happens, so I doubt it will be post game.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Gwent?

edit -- ^ I guess not!
for future reference

any statement that begins with "AM I the only one that ...."
Just assume there is a 100% chance you are not the only one.

CHC

This is such cool news. I have to say, they're one of the only developers who from my expeience, UNDERestimate the completion times. I'm like 80 hours in Witcher 3 and not even half way. It's insane.

OmegaDL50

I play with keyboard and mouse and sometime I click fast, so just remove Gwent from the game.

cmon now Gwent is terrible anyway, just play Scrolls instead

Yeah lets totally remove an optional thing from the game that other people might happen to enjoy.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the expansions.

erawsd

Does the expansions happen after the story?

No, during. From the sound of it the first quest will be initiated as a contract in Oxenfurt, and since the second one takes place in the south it'll probably add a new map location to the fast travel map. I imagine it'll be structured so that these can be completed in the "free roam" that unlocks when you beat the game. Which is also why anyone expecting more Ciri, Yenn, Triss or any other major characters currently in TW3 are likely setting themselves up for serious disappointment.

Owzers

I hope the story centers around doing favors for people in order to get information on where a character is.

Also, while i'm excited for more focused content, it would be nice to have it take place after witcher 3's finale. I'm already at a place where
none of the characters i was supposed to care about are involved, i'm not even sure if they are in the world anymore.

roytheone

I am still busy with the main game, but I am very tempted to buy the season pass already. I just love the world and characters of this game so SO much, and any reason to spend more time in it I will take with both hands!

sflufan

Banned
Perhaps the title should have the word "combined" added to it in order to prevent someone thinking that the individual expansions are the size of The Witcher 2.

Still not finished with the main game, but day one. CDPR deserves every bit of success.

I got my copy of tw3 free with my 970, but at times I'm tempted to just buy another copy to support them.

I feel ya. I've bought Witcher 1 at least 5 times at varying prices over the years to give away to friends just so I could support them.

Almost never play expansions to big open world RPGs, but I'm all in for these. Looking forward to the new characters and how they bounce off of eac other and Geralt.

cyress8

Banned
They are going old school with the expansion, if that size is true. Sad that Destiny calls there DLCs expansions. Taints the name for Witcher 3.

Top Bottom