• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 expansions "almost size of Witcher 2"

Daingurse

They should just remove Gwent from the game, whenever I pick the wrong dialogue option and end up in a gwent game I have to alt-F4, uninstall the game in format my computer

I never touched Gwent once, and it was not very hard to avoid at all lol. Think I'll try it whenever I get around to the second play-thru. Never really bothered with card mini-games in rpgs, but a lot of people seem to really love Gwent on Gaf.

Wow, I'll be all over this. I really hope
Iorveth
makes a return! Missed
him
in
Witcher 2.

Yeah, really dissapointed that I couldn't interact with him in 3. We're getting Shani back though, so anything is possible lol.

SRG01

30 hours? That's like the size of Throne of Bhaal, which is probably the biggest expansion in semi-recent memory.

Euron

NO

#TeamYen already has more than enough content. #TeamTriss doesn't have as much as it should. I don't care if it isn't canon.

And I want a questline where Geralt goes missing after a night of partying and Eskel, Lambert. Dandelion, and Zoltan have to find him after they all lose their memories. And with more
cross-dressing
of course.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm about to trade in my PS4 copy, but I'll gladly get a GOTY edition for my eventual new PC.

rogue74

I still haven't reached Skellige in Witcher 3, but the more I play it and the more I think about the series overall, I think Witcher 2 is my least favorite of the trilogy. Still love it though.

Anyway, this expansion news is great.

WITHE1982

I've been holding off on the season pass for a while after getting burned with Destiny stuff but after hearing this I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. I dunno why I ever doubted CD Projekt Red. I should have known better. Great stuff from a fantastic developer.

Tigress

When are these set to release again?

The first one comes out in october right?

Damnit, too soon. I was hoping next year. By October I'm going to be focusing on Mad Max and soon Fallout. Plus honestly I'm getting a little tired of Witcher 3. I think I'm ready for a new game. I think I need to stop doing the witcher contracts and the side quests that aren't related to the main quest and just focus on the main quest and its side quests (thsoe are the side quests that have the really good story and the only time I seem interested in the game anymore).

Ah well, gives me time to wait for a good sale on it, right? Though part of me wants to pay full price cause I like supporting CDPR (see that other developers? Make me really happy and I want to give you money).

Wagram

Bought the expansion pass without hesitation because I trust the developer. Shame I had to put my playthrough on hiatus though until they implement changes to address the
Triss
situation they've been talking about.

Tigress

They should just remove Gwent from the game, whenever I pick the wrong dialogue option and end up in a gwent game I have to alt-F4, uninstall the game in format my computer

WTF?! Please say this is sarcasm... if not:

1. Be more careful picking dialogue options.
2. You'll spend more time uninstalling and reinstalling than just playing gwent. Just pass both times and lose, it's not that hard.
3. It's an optional game and many of us love it. So, no, they shouldn't remove it cause one person happens to really hate it. Once again, if it's that bad for you, just make sure not to click it.
4. All that being said I do think they should have a way to cancel out of it if you didn't meant to click the dialogue option. There's been times I didn't mean to click it and it is annoying there's no way to say, "Oops, didn't mean that".

Yup this is the way expansions are meant to be, big and with more of what I loved (I'll have the Gwent music in my head all day now). Just so much value, the GOTY version will be embarrassingly good value down the line, and for now consider me sold CD Projekt Red.

Well I got a trophy for all secondary quests/contracts complete along with the main, but I haven't really tackled Qwent much. From what I played I'm pretty shit at it, and barely beat one of the
top players, fisherman dude by a boat in Velen

Continuing to just do a few treasure hunts and things now, hopefully 1.07 will drop soon, cause my crafting item weight takes up at about 40 i think out of 170 just cause i am unsure whether to get rid of anything, plus knowing what books I've read will be useful. I had about 6 copies of something at one point and a tab for those will be great.

Really looking forward to these proper expansions, haven't put so many hours into an RPG, ever.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Loving The Witcher 3 and while I think that the time I have put into the game is incorrect (almost 400 hours but was under 200 two weeks ago and there's just no way), I'll be trading the game in once I finish it (just the main story and secondary quests remain starting from "Ugly Baby" as all the contracts are done and I have just one treasure hunt left) simply because waiting until October and then early 2016 for both expansions is too long of a wait for me. Instead, if both end up being good which im expecting them to be, I'll just pick up the inevitable game of the year edition after the second expansion is released and just play through the game a second time. Would have preferred both expansions to be this summer but oh well.

What I want to know is what will be the suggested levels of the quests in these expansion.

If they are meant to be done before you finish the main quest, then they should be in the 30ish range. But this will make those who have save games where they finished the game in the 35-37 range not have a very challenging time, unless they start a brand new game and play through all the old content again.

If they are in the 35-40 range, then they are really meant to be played after the completion of the main quest, which would make them not "in the middle of the game meant to be played before the end of the game".

So which is it. Is it going to be a true expansion beyond the end of the game, or just DLC inserted before the end of the game?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
What are the 16 free DLC that they talked about ?

They've been releasing 2 DLC's every week since the game launched. Well, there wasn't any this week because they are working on patch v1.07 but next week there will be another 2 new DLC's. They are available to all platforms no matter what edition you have (don't think there are any editions) or where you bought it from.

These DLC's are things like new quests, alternative costumes for main character's or new armour sets.

Day one. I look forward to revisiting this entire trilogy again in a few years. My GOTY. I have a hard time seeing anything beat it this year

The open world is unmatched for an RPG. Skellige especially gave me some damn good lotr/vikings vibes. Especially that beautiful soundtrack

Can't wait for the second expansion especially to see the new environments they have cooked up

Alebrije

They've been releasing 2 DLC's every week since the game launched. Well, there wasn't any this week because they are working on patch v1.07 but next week there will be another 2 new DLC's. They are available to all platforms no matter what edition you have (don't think there are any editions) or where you bought it from.

These DLC's are things like new quests, alternative costumes for main character's or new armour sets.

I have been playing the game and did no know, have it since launch. Thx

Waxwing

PLEASE give Iorveth some love and give that last true Aen Sheide the place he deserves in one of these expansions.

I was pleased Roche carried over into Witcher 3. Iorveth's total exclusion outside of a gwent card was disappointing given he played an equally important role in Witcher 2.

Welp...guess it's good to know I can give up hope of him showing up. I was 80 hours in and figuring CDPR wouldn't leave me high and dry of more of him.

NO

#TeamYen already has more than enough content. #TeamTriss doesn't have as much as it should. I don't care if it isn't canon.

And I want a questline where Geralt goes missing after a night of partying and Eskel, Lambert. Dandelion, and Zoltan have to find him after they all lose their memories. And with more
cross-dressing
of course.
Team triss had 2 full games, there is nothing left to explore. Yen his true love needs more stuff, needs more family time with ciri, yen and geralt.

RK9039

Iorveth and Saskia, they better make a return.

Agreed. Those two were my favourite characters from the second game.

I think the second expansion is supposed to have a completely new map so hopefully we get to see more familiar faces.

erawsd

Loving The Witcher 3 and while I think that the time I have put into the game is incorrect (almost 400 hours but was under 200 two weeks ago and there's just no way), I'll be trading the game in once I finish it (just the main story and secondary quests remain starting from "Ugly Baby" as all the contracts are done and I have just one treasure hunt left) simply because waiting until October and then early 2016 for both expansions is too long of a wait for me. Instead, if both end up being good which im expecting them to be, I'll just pick up the inevitable game of the year edition after the second expansion is released and just play through the game a second time. Would have preferred both expansions to be this summer but oh well.

I get where you're coming from by waiting for them to release but I'm glad they aren't releasing over the summer. I'm glad they're taking there time with it like Rockstar and Nintendo, instead of just shoving it out the door as we've seen with Ubi/WB's cash grabs.

Team triss had 2 full games, there is nothing left to explore. Yen his true love needs more stuff, needs more family time with ciri, yen and geralt.

Actually, CDPR agrees that theres not enough Triss. Theyve said they'll be exploring ways to make choosing her as the romance option feel more meaningful.

Tigress

Welp...guess it's good to know I can give up hope of him showing up. I was 80 hours in and figuring CDPR wouldn't leave me high and dry of more of him.

I already gave up hope at the beginning. Why? Because no one mentioned him or seeing him. I figured a sighting of him would have been mentioned within a week if he was there (seems enough people finished the game you'd hear of it). I mean I already knew Letho and Roche were in the game (well depending on choices).

I really wish Iorveth was in it.

If it makes you feel better, I'm absolutely sure they used the guy who voiced Iorveth as several random NPC voices.

Savitar

Can you imagine a stand alone full GWENT game if they worked on that.

You know kinda like Hearthstone.........only good.

Top Bottom