• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany: Preorder a PS3 (60GB) and get one game for free

reminder

If you preorder a 60GB PS3 (€599) now at Saturn here in Germany, you will get one out of seven games for free. You can choose from the following titles:

Formula One 06
Genji 2
MotorStorm
Lair
Resistance: Fall of Man
Singstar
The Eye of Judgement

unbenannt6dw.jpg

Nice :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
That's a sweet offer. I suppose this a retailer-specific thing and not a general Sony thing :(

How do they know all those titles will be there? Or will you get your title when it becomes available?

reminder

gofreak said:
That's a sweet offer. I suppose this a retailer-specific thing and not a general Sony thing :(

Yep, it's not official from Sony

How do they know all those titles will be there? Or will you get your title when it becomes available?

I don't think all of them will be available from day one, so yes, you will get it when it becomes available. :)

gofreak said:

They are just spectulating what might come for launch.
Also the offer doesn't explicit say launch games. They just say that you get one of those for free if you preorder the PS3 now.

BlizzyAzz

GEIZ IST GEIL!!! (stinginess is hot, kind of hard to translate cause geil means literary horny but in a non sexual way we use it over here like "cool")
intro_werbung_geiz_g.jpg

BlizzyAzz

fortified_concept said:
Germans you lucky bastards...

I wouldn't call us or the european gamers as lucky bastards, we may get a game for free (in this special campaign) but we got the EURO as currency.

599 US Dollars = 476.82 Euros
599 Euros = 752.49 US Dollars

So basicly is Europe the biggest rip off of all time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BlizzyAzz said:
I wouldn't call us or the european gamers as lucky bastards, we may get a game for free (in this special campaign) but we got the EURO as currency.

599 dollars = price excluding sales tax
599 euro = price including sales tax
Euro price - sales tax approx 509 euro = 640 dollars. Not a huge difference

BlizzyAzz said:

biggest rip of all time? Guess you forgot the PS2 launch? ;)

PS2:
US ~ 240€
Ger ~ 445€

Sony likes raping us europeans =(

BlizzyAzz said:

I'm european too, so let me repeat that. Germans you LUCKY bastards.

BlizzyAzz

mrklaw said:
599 dollars = price excluding sales tax
599 euro = price including sales tax
Euro price - sales tax approx 509 euro = 640 dollars. Not a huge difference

How much is the sales tax? Or what would you pay in the end?

Cause its a bad example to simply subtract your sales tax from the european price to compare it with the sales tax exluded US price.

If you guys payin like 640 US Dollars (sales tax incl.) that is still 110 Dollars less than we have to pay, enough money to buy a game + controller or some other accessories.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BlizzyAzz said:
How much is the sales tax? Or what would you pay in the end?

Cause its a bad example to simply subtract your sales tax from the european price to compare it with the sales tax exluded US price.

If you guys payin like 640 US Dollars (sales tax incl.) that is still 110 Dollars less than we have to pay, enough money to buy a game + controller or some other accessories.

eh?

599 is US sales tax excluded

509 euro (640 dollar) is Euro sales tax excluded - like for like.

If you compare sales tax included, then its around 640 dollars for you (approx 7% average state+local sales tax), or 750 dollar for us.

But thats sales tax variance. Can't blame manufacturers for that

kikonawa

neondriver said:
biggest rip of all time? Guess you forgot the PS2 launch? ;)

PS2:
US ~ 240€
Ger ~ 445€

Sony likes raping us europeans =(
correction, the ps2 launced at 20750BEF (belgian Frank) and that equals to 525 EURO back 6 years ago. if you calculate the inflation in 6 years time, you problably have the launchprice of the ps3 with the 60gb inside

BlizzyAzz

mrklaw said:
eh?

599 is US sales tax excluded

509 euro (640 dollar) is Euro sales tax excluded - like for like.

If you compare sales tax included, then its around 640 dollars for you (approx 7% average state+local sales tax), or 750 dollar for us.

But thats sales tax variance. Can't blame manufacturers for that

I just want to compare the prices incl. sales tax, so when you sayin you pay after all your taxes around 750 Dollars that pretty much equals our price.

kikonawa said:
correction, the ps2 launced at 20750BEF (belgian Frank) and that equals to 525 EURO back 6 years ago. if you calculate the inflation in 6 years time, you problably have the launchprice of the ps3 with the 60gb inside
Well, I was talkin about germany (bc of that I wrote "ger" ;)) and it was 870 DM the time it launched here.

AniHawk

That is one ****ed up ad. There's PS3. Pricing of PS3. Deal for the PS3. The Tiltroller. Then,

re1co.png

WERDEST EINE KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BlizzyAzz said:
I just want to compare the prices incl. sales tax, so when you sayin you pay after all your taxes around 750 Dollars that pretty much equals our price.

OK, then Europeans will pay on average $750, US will pay on average $640

We just get raped harder by the government.

mrklaw said:
We just get raped harder by the government.

I think a lot of Americans would disagree there :) but that's politics.

I'd pick up the £425 PS3 if it came with a free game, I was looking at around £400 for the PS3 with all the trimmings, so add on £25 for a game and I'll settle for it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
travisbickle said:
I think a lot of Americans would disagree there :) but that's politics.

I'd pick up the £425 PS3 if it came with a free game, I was looking at around £400 for the PS3 with all the trimmings, so add on £25 for a game and I'll settle for it.

yeah. Aren't these all Sony games though? so its possibly a Sony tie in, like with the PSP bundles. Bundling a Sony published game in with the console would be a smart and relatively cheap way to offset some of the price concerns.

BlizzyAzz

Oliver.S said:
@BlizzyAzz: Du vermisst die ruhige Hand, hm? ;)

Ach ob ruhige Hand oder Agenda 2010, solange ich noch ein Dach über den Kopf habe ist es okay :D

P.S. sorry for OT and writing in German

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
so wait, you preorder a PS3 and you get a game free?!?!

what the hell happened to those ridiculous, "console plus 5 games plus 3 accessories plus 2 extra controllers plus protection plan" bundles from the 360 launch? :lol

I can't afford to go to Saturn. Does someone here have a spare spaceship?

When you talk about PS3, you better talk with a full wallet in a hand :/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It seems you can officially preorder in New Zealand now.

I think it's interesting that various preorder campaigns are starting around the globe first in places like Germany/Europe and NZ, and not Japan and the US. I'm sure they'll be coming shortly, but I guess it's just weird seeing the global nature of a Playstation launch.

ram

quetz67 said:
cant find anything on the Saturn website, is this for all Saturns?

Edit: nope seems not to be for all Saturns

you can preorder it in every saturn market, its just not in every ad flyer.

since the games are going to be $89 each this is A BARGAIN AMIRITEHOHOHO!

this is pretty awesome. Too bad Crapstop or EB won't do anything similar...

Top Bottom