• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man finalizes Mario Kart 8 themed nursery after 1.5 years

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
He also calls being grounded being blueshelled.

Vire

I dunno man... Putting fake grass on the top of your cieling in a bedroom in your house?

The whole thing is really kitschy/tacky to me.

Clefargle

I hate parents, they take what could have been a cool concept for a game room and turn it into a weird Mario kart poop management area

AdanVC

ho ly cow!!! This is insanely cool! That's dedication an love both for his son and for MK8! Nintendo should recognize and share this on their social networks. Woahhhh

It's rly cool tbh but I have to say I laughed a little at Mario's face.

savSiQe.png

Definitely more for him than the kid. By the time they are old enough to appreciate it who knows if they would even care. It's like if my father decked out my room like the cockpit in Microsoft Flight Simulator for the IBM PC Jr.

AdanVC

It's rly cool tbh but I have to say I laughed a little at Mario's face.

savSiQe.png

Yeah, Mario's face came out pretty bad tbh and the irony is that it's where the dad spend most of the time building... But the actual kart model turned out awesome though. The LED lights on the wheels looks super cool!

That's some serious time and dedication, kudos to him. The walls look fantastic, as does the model..aside from...well yeah ya know.

Tambini

The walls look great, not big on the mario on the ceiling though. I think with just the painted walls it would be really nice.

I dunno man... Putting fake grass on the top of your cieling in a bedroom in your house?

The whole thing is really kitschy/tacky to me.
Yeah he should have put some kind of fungus there with an ambient clicking noise or something.

That would be much better.

That's at Extreme Makeover: Home Edition levels of a themed room.
It looks pretty cool, but gosh that kid is gonna get freaked out by all of that at a certain point when he's a few years old.

blackjaw

mario hanging on the ceiling looks like a disaster waiting to happen...hope he bolted it into a beam or secured it properly.

That's dedication. Some neat ideas but yeah some of it is a little weird.

Kid better love Mario Kart or that'll be awkward in a few years.

Top Bottom