• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prune |OT| A gorgeous zen love letter to trees and the joy of cultivation

U4JzSq3.jpg

$3.99 (iOS Universal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OicHNNp2VYk

Prune is a love letter to trees. A game about the beauty and joy of cultivation.
With a swipe of a finger, grow and shape your tree into the sunlight while avoiding the dangers of a hostile world. Bring life to a forgotten landscape, and uncover a story hidden deep beneath the soil.

- A unique digital plant for your pocket
- Beautiful, minimalist art and a super clean interface—it's just you and the trees
- Meditative music and sound design for you to zen out to
- No IAP, no monetization strategy, no currencies
- Share screenshots of your unique tree creations with friends
- Sync progress across all your devices using iCloud

y1wPuHN.jpg
LRKEOu5.jpg

J1QDxjx.jpg
XocxEbV.jpg

Pocket Gamer - 10/10
Prune is an awe-inspiring work of digital poetry that transcends its initial subject material to explore a much larger, much more complex theme, in an articulate and powerfully moving manner

AppAdvice - 4.5/5
I’ve only started Prune today, but I’m in love with it so far. The game looks gorgeous, the music is delightful, and the controls are intuitive for the platform. While it can be a challenge, it is still a great way to de-stress since you aren’t pressured with time or a limited number of trees.

Verge
It's...the best mobile game I've played in quite a while...
Just like some of the earliest iPhone games, Prune is unlike anything I've played before, an original and strange game that's both soothing and absorbing. It's the kind of experience I want to pull out to show my friends instead of a game to kill a few minutes while I'm in riding the subway.

Some early impressions from the IOS thread
Picked up Prune. Seems like it might be on short side, but it's well worth the $4 for the art style and polish. The levels do get more challenging and tricky, but don't expect SpaceChem or LYNE. More about the experience than mind-bending puzzles

Nvm, learned that Prune is longer than I had guessed (5 Chapters, around 50 levels) and it continues to introduces fun and interesting new mechanics

And totally worth restating how lovely the game looks. The menu has you spinning the planet, as the stars streak by and the ground erodes and reshapes with the passage of time. It's just gorgeous.

AppAdvice - 4.5/5
I’ve only started Prune today, but I’m in love with it so far. The game looks gorgeous, the music is delightful, and the controls are intuitive for the platform. While it can be a challenge, it is still a great way to de-stress since you aren’t pressured with time or a limited number of trees.

Thing I like about this is that since the gameplay is so freeform, it's really fun to replay or just sit back and enjoy the art and mechanics. Compared to other artistic games like Monument Valley and Framed, that are more one-and-done experiences

After finishing it I can definitely say that it left an impression on me and had me thinking about the game's theme. Peter at PG might have oversold it a little bit but he wasn't wrong in giving it a perfect score. I might come back the game just for the amazing music.

Top Bottom