• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese DSL Colors?

Zeed

Banned
Lock if old.

newd.jpg

So looks like we have here some sort of tan coffee color, and uh...another shade of blue.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Amir0x said:
what colors for both versions of the new Pokemon?

Yeah maybe they are meant to be Diamond and Pearl?

If so sales AM EXPLODE :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
if the scan was better I could read it...

Akia

This is overkill. Why release more colors when you can't even keep up with the ones you have out. Seems stupid. Nintendo really needs to up there production levels again. Because after Pokemon, they have no more aces left in their deck. Seriously after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, name the next AAA system seller for the DS. Though Pokemon will probably stay on the charts for a good 3 years.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Akia said:
Seriously after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, name the next AAA system seller. Though Pokemon will probably stay on the charts for a 3 years.
________ Training

Akia said:
This is overkill. Why release more colors when you can't even keep up with the demand of the ones you have out. Seems stupid. Nintendo really needs to up there production levels. Because after Pokemon, they have no more aces left in their deck. Seriously after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, name the next AAA system seller. Though Pokemon will probably stay on the charts for a 3 years.
Zelda with a Gold DS Lite. Get this though... instead of the DS symbol on the top, it's the triforce.

morph

Banned
Akia said:
This is overkill. Why release more colors when you can't even keep up with the demand of the ones you have out. Seems stupid. Nintendo really needs to up there production levels. Because after Pokemon, they have no more aces left in their deck. Seriously after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, name the next AAA system seller. Though Pokemon will probably stay on the charts for a 3 years.

:lol you're joking right?

Akia said:
after Pokemon Diamond and Pearl they have Pokemon Quartz or any other name they pick for the obvious 3rd game/pseudo-sequel

Akia

AniHawk said:
Oh shit.

DS is doomad. :(

No the DS will own 2006. But I wonder what software ideas Nintendo has to keep the DS momentum alive in 2007.

AndoCalrissian said:
Zelda with a Gold DS Lite. Get this though... instead of the DS symbol on the top, it's the triforce.

Are portable Zeldas popular in Japan though?

Akia said:
No the DS will own 2006. But I wonder what software ideas Nintendo has to keep the DS momentum alive in 2007.

I have no idea, I just want to see that DS! Besides, every DS that Nintendo puts out in Japan is going to be sold, especially this fall when we'll likely see huge shortages again. Not to mention that Common Sense Training is coming along with Final Fantasy III and Zelda.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Akia said:

dude all they have to do to ensure rocketing sales is release sequels to current games and other GBA franchises and they could be sorted for the rest of the DS lifespan.

Mario sports games x 10

online mario party

online advance wars

online fire emblem

kirby sequel

zelda 4 swords game

metroid 2d

dont forget starfox and yoshis island.

but they probably have more new ideas planned.

Not really feeling either of those colors, but new colors + Pokemon = 1 bazillion sales in Japan, anyway.

I got my black DS Lite so I'm set :) Pure sex.

Amir0x

Banned
i fear the blackhole of panic and destruction that will occur from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl + colors in Japan

Emotions

Akia said:
This is overkill. Why release more colors when you can't even keep up with the ones you have out. Seems stupid. Nintendo really needs to up there production levels again. Because after Pokemon, they have no more aces left in their deck. Seriously after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, name the next AAA system seller for the DS. Though Pokemon will probably stay on the charts for a good 3 years.

YI2, Dragon Quest Monster Joker,FF:RoF? Plus a lot of unannounced stuff we have yet to know about.

Akia

If Nintendo actually kept units stocked. How many do you think they can sell when Pokemon hits?

Emotions said:
YI2, Dragon Quest Monster Joker,FF:RoF? Plus a lot of unannounced stuff we have yet to know about.

Holy crap, I forgot about Dragon Quest. Is that 2006 or 2007?

Seriously after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, name the next AAA system seller.

Well at the same time, I don't think people could name some of the previous systems sellers until a few weeks after their release. So it's kind of like the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence :D

Akia

Archie said:
2006 in Japan. God knows if or when elsewhere.

So does anyone have a list of DS 2007 titles we know about?

Is Jump Super Stars 2 a 2006 or 2007 title? Will it have online?

Nintendo's biggest problem ATM is trying to keep up with demand in 2006, not worrying about if they can INCREASE demand in 2007.

Emotions

Akia said:
So does anyone have a list of DS 2007 titles we know about?

Is Jump Super Stars 2 a 2006 or 2007 title? Will it have online?

Late 2006 i think, not fully sure. What i like about the DS is that stuff gets shown and it shortly releases in a period of time of 5-6 months with the latest stuff see DQ Monster Joker for example or Ygdrassil Labyrinth.
For 2007 i'd like to see new stuff like Fire Emblem DS, Camelot RPG, Next Alpha Dream project, Next Hal Project, Next Atlus stuff,more stuff from Nintendo, new S-E stuff like Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle, FFT. I also want to see the next "Sting" project probably it will be for the DS since the GBA is on the way out, Stuff from Konami finally materializing like the rumoured "Vandal Hearts" and "Azure Dreams" + lots of new stuff from other developers.

Akia said:
Because after Pokemon, they have no more aces left in their deck.

Tales of the Tempest is also coming this year near the end of it, so that should be "big" as well.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
You trying to make cvxfreak go broke?

I may actually get one of these Pokemon colors if a Famicom one never rolls around... I always do the customary "send starters to one version" dealie before getting into a Pokemon game, and I was gonna use the old DS, but I tried it with Tetris DS and it was horrendous. :|

polg

Amir0x said:
i fear the blackhole of panic and destruction that will occur from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl + colors in Japan

I lol'd aloud... co-workers are afraid of me now :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Amir0x said:

:lol It's funny because it's true.

Lo-Volt said:
More new colors? Between these and the new pink DS Lite, the Japanese market is about to explode.

About to?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
This has now been found out to be a fake photoshopped scan. :/

Top Bottom