• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every JRPG Ever (college humor video)

Blobbers

Did the makers of this video only play Square JRPGs?

Eh, chuckled barely once. 3.5/10 it was a below average experience.

BlackJace

JK I have two forms

KuGsj.gif

See, why cant there actually be a game like this?

I feel like some indie team would have capitalized on a self-aware parody RPG

VegiHam

Rolled my eyes at the start. Thought it was going to just point out cliches it stopped being funny to mock in 2005. Was delightfully surprised. Loved the CGI; and the 'you were the final crystal' bit was hilarious.

This attack is powered by our love!

bobawesome

Because every JRPG is Final Fantasy, right? I usually get a chuckle or two out of their videos but this did nothing for me.

18-Volt

Seems like "every Final Fantasy ever". It was pretty funny nonetheless.

Sexy henchmen? Final boss? I can only think of the one in Golden Sun.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"Now hurry, the Inciting Incident Festival is today."
"I heard a rumor that monsters are coming back."
tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

I can see Chrono Trigger, FFT, Dragon Quest VIII, Earthbound and a bunch of Final Fantasies.

Edit: Also pretty sure some backgrounds are from Super Mario RPG

Kudo

None of the JRPGs I've played in past year or two, but I can see where they're coming from. Pretty entertaining video.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This was also the opening to Golden Sun.

Earthbound is pretty close.

Earthbound is too earnest to really work as a parody. Most of NIS America's games are full-on parodies and then you also have stuff like Okage: Shadow King, plus of course, tons of indie RPGs.

The video wasn't as funny as I had hoped (too specific to FF, especially FF7) but it had some funny bits. I liked the townsfolk dialogue, the crystal, and the CGI scene.

Pretty funny, I'm totally the guy that says Nah! I got mini games/ side quests to do when you reach the endpoint to save the world.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pretty much every Tales of antagonist faction has high tech, no? Meanwhile you start off in the sticks with houses made out of wood.

Truant

As someone who thinks all JPRG's are the same and are the most generic japanese trash ever, I found this funny,

Top Bottom