• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing with GOTY content or pre-order bonuses - what's your style?

Teggy

I recently started playing Saint's Row 3 "The Full Package", which is all the DLC that's ever come out for the game. Having never played before I was placed in a funny situation when I opened up my garage and found an attack jet already there, as well as many guns in my armory. I had to make a decision there, and that was to ignore all that stuff so I didn't have an unfair advantage so early in the game.

Sometimes this happens with pre-order DLC, although usually the gun or armor or whatever becomes obsolete after a couple of hours.

So, placed in this situation, what do you do? Play like you didn't have access to the goodies, or just have fun?

The only time I used preorder exclusive weapons/perks/whatever was in The Evil Within with one of the shotgunsand incendiary bolts I believe. I didn't know it was preorder exclusive.

My style is I like to wait for GOTY editions. I have no need to play games before other people unless the games are story-based and I want to avoid spoilers.

Top Bottom