• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abyss Odyssey free weekend on Steam and 80% off

Miker

I remember the Steam thread being somewhat hyped about it prior to release, then it came out and nobody had any strong opinions on it besides it feeling kind of janky. Maybe I'll try it out for myself this weekend.

BiggNife

People should play this! It's a fun roguelike with Smash Bros style combat and wonderful atmosphere. Not sure why it never caught on. ACE Team deserves more attention.

Seyavesh

did they ever fix the online for this
or fix the combo system, i made a few combo vids when it first came out but quit once i realized most of that shit worked in the actual game and also had no point because you could just do the lamest crap and be equally effective

Nordicus

Oh wow, this is not the kind of game I expected to get a free weekend.

I remember the Steam thread being somewhat hyped about it prior to release, then it came out and nobody had any strong opinions on it besides it feeling kind of janky. Maybe I'll try it out for myself this weekend.
It is kinda janky, I remember turning being a bit weird.

Also, expect to see very fighting game-ish AI. It *will* adapt to what you do.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The game is pretty good and the turning got patched to flow a bit better. There is still some jank on it but the game is pretty fun.

ArjanN

The game is pretty good and the turning got patched to flow a bit better. There is still some jank on it but the game is pretty fun.

Pretty much how I feel about it, it's not something you can play forever, but I liked it enough to get all the achievements.

Munin

I take it this means the game bombed? :(

Their own fault honestly. It had a stunning presentation and great potential but you go through the content in 90 minutes max and the whole "community unlocks" thing was a disaster.

Memory

Awesome game especially with a co-op buddy, i can't count how many times i've been through the procedural generated dungeons.

Top Bottom