• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Campaign Info Post - Building an Epic Campaign

Akai__

Cinematic First Look: https://youtu.be/Ot06dXm64yc

Sanghelios Gameplay: https://youtu.be/57AD5inbKAs

And here is a cool DevBlog: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-building-an-epic-campaign

Pictures:

New screenshots, too. Anybody have links for higher res versions of the small ones?

devblogunconfirmed1-1047617d83204ea1804f9642048ed00f.jpg

enemylines4-a0d2691e939e42eda38b8ed73bbc9c7a.jpg

devbloghalsey2-ae529d42c5a847a69e24d7ce4a3ebfee.jpg

evac8-b85d570f34424918beaa143cd6ff534a.jpg

Took two screens from the Cinematic trailer, hope its okey to post.

halo-5-guardians-cinejgj6r.png

halo-5-guardians-cinel7k8a.png

GIF's:

animation1uwsh1.gif

animation2gnsa1.gif

animation3r1s0q.gif

animation41tss9.gif

#Squadgoals

mcrommert

Banned
Big update from 343 on halo 5's campaign

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-building-an-epic-campaign

Large Portion of the game seems to be 1080p but it will dynamically change res in heavy action areas

In much of the campaign you may be playing at 1080p, but when we want to get really crazy with vehicles, visual effects and combat we can trade some of the resolution in order to maintain the crucial 60fps

Two New Videos

Cinema First Look

Swords of Sanghelios Gameplay Capture

Edit:

Thought I would pull some quotes from what people have posted

Throughout production, our team pushed one another to ensure that gameplay spaces were huge, highly populated and alive. We’ve expanded our environments to support large battle scenes while surrounding them with multi-layered skyboxes that showcase the larger conflict around the player.

Also a longer quote around the 60fps dynamic resolution topping at 1080p

Ensuring 60fps throughout our play experience has required constant focus. Some sections of a mission might be relatively quiet and achieving 60fps is straightforward, but there are many situations where we dial the intensity up to 11. At those times, we need to maintain 60fps and give players the total experience from both a design and artistic perspective. This is where our new progressive resolution system comes into play, allowing the game to scale resolution dynamically as the experience gets more intense and complex. In much of the campaign you may be playing at 1080p, but when we want to get really crazy with vehicles, visual effects and combat we can trade some of the resolution in order to maintain the crucial 60fps. Without this system, we would need to either reduce the scale of our most intense combat encounters or lower the quality of content across the game in order to stay at 60 fps at all times. With progressive resolution, we get the best of both worlds: epic scale experiences that look incredible while running at a consistent 60fps.

wondering how much of the campaign will be actually be 1080p/60 the whole time.

game looks like a ton of fun though, excited for it. hope it lives up to everything 343 is saying.

now more on forge/customs/etc please

OldRoutes

Throughout production, our team pushed one another to ensure that gameplay spaces were huge, highly populated and alive. We’ve expanded our environments to support large battle scenes while surrounding them with multi-layered skyboxes that showcase the larger conflict around the player.

Yes please.

Hawk269

My god that looked really good. Cannot wait. It looks like this is the stuff that was leaked in that low res video from about a week ago.

One of the Grunts Scream (spoilers?)
THE ARBITER IS DEAD, THE WAR IS OVER

You've gotta be fucking kidding me 343i, if true.

Edit* I'm an idiot, should have watched the whole video lol.

Halo 5’s campaign provides a huge variety of experiences: from giant battles amidst large-scale destruction to quieter moments spent exploring the ruins of alien civilizations or interacting with the habitants of a human colony beyond the reach of the UNSC

interesting. wonder if this is anything more than 'walk through housing block people say things in your general direction' that most shooters do

Drink every time a game dev uses the word epic to describe their story.

Bonus round: Every time they say their characters will be unforgettable.

Hawk269

My comment with the "Oh God" was before I saw the link for the Gameplay SP footage. Damn did that also look fantastic and very open, which should address people being concerned with open areas.

Trup1aya

Yes Yes Yes! Level design is looking leagues better than Halo4 from what I've seen... And I like what the Spartan abilities bring to the tables... So many options = so many play throughs.

Seeing stuff like this makes me so confused when I think back to the E3 demo... Oh well, the past is the past... This wait is getting unbearable...

Just watched both videos - it's good, it's reaaaaaally good.

Anyone noticed the mission takes place in 27th October?

This thread has the most replies, so I suppose this is what we're going with.

Dynamic resolution confirmed:

60fps gameplay is supported by a new progressive resolution system that allows us to dynamically scale the resolution at which we render the game (up to 1080p) based on the needs of the scene. This enables us to deploy resources where they have most impact across a diverse series of experiences throughout the game while delivering the most visually stunning Halo game ever.

More:

Ensuring 60fps throughout our play experience has required constant focus. Some sections of a mission might be relatively quiet and achieving 60fps is straightforward, but there are many situations where we dial the intensity up to 11. At those times, we need to maintain 60fps and give players the total experience from both a design and artistic perspective. This is where our new progressive resolution system comes into play, allowing the game to scale resolution dynamically as the experience gets more intense and complex. In much of the campaign you may be playing at 1080p, but when we want to get really crazy with vehicles, visual effects and combat we can trade some of the resolution in order to maintain the crucial 60fps. Without this system, we would need to either reduce the scale of our most intense combat encounters or lower the quality of content across the game in order to stay at 60 fps at all times. With progressive resolution, we get the best of both worlds: epic scale experiences that look incredible while running at a consistent 60fps.

TheOddOne

One thing is for sure, they learned a lot from the second half of Spartan Ops. Hopefully they mixed up the objectives though, enough with the buttons.

Top Bottom