• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama announced for Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a Steam Group filter for steam shmup leaderboards. It would make managing community scoring much easier. I'd be happy to collect Steam IDs and hide them in the OT if people are looking to populate their friend list, or make a GAF Shmups group to make tracking them down easier. Alternatively one of the more general threads might be better suited for community oriented stuff like organizing groups, leaderboards, or tournaments.

Shoot the Core! - Gaf Shoot ‘em Up (aka Shooter/SHMUP) Reference Thread
The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet
PC Shoot'em Ups / Shmups / STGs Release Archive

Edit: This streak of being the first post on a page MUST END.

I think the best way is to do unlockable continues as you play.

That kept me playing Ikaruga for something like 20 hours back in the day when the concept of a 1CC seemed totally impossible.

Durante

I'm liking the look of this game because the giant purple bullets means that it's easier to plan maneuverability strategies, unlike Raiden IV where the shots blend into the background and are very frustrating to deal with.
Yeah, Raiden IV has visibility problems. Also because your own shots are too prominent, I greatly prefer if they are more subdued like in most Cave games (or Touhou).

I wish there was a Steam Group filter for steam shmup leaderboards. It would make managing community scoring much easier. I'd be happy to collect Steam IDs and hide them in the OT if people are looking to populate their friend list, or make a GAF Shmups group to make tracking them down easier. Alternatively one of the more general threads might be better suited for community oriented stuff like organizing groups, leaderboards, or tournaments.

Steam Shmups group would be handy.

Created a Steam group. Not sure if there are any guidelines to follow for this sort of thing but will make adjustments as needed. It is bare bones at the moment. Will get it fixed up over the next few days. To my knowledge not many shmups support group features but maybe this will help things along. Like I said, group leaderboards as a common feature would be crazy nice.

Currently invite only so if you want to join either reply here or send me a PM and I'll get an invite out to you. Make sure to include your Steam Profile Name (The one that shows up on your profile page as that is what the user look up uses). Once any kinks are worked out I'll post in the more general shmup threads.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoSTG

Edit: If you want to confirm you are sending over the right name try to look yourself up here. If it is a really common name give me some indication which one is you like 'avatar with the guy fighting gorilla hitler'. Or a direct link to your profile page will also work.

http://steamcommunity.com/search/?text=&x=10&y=8

Tain

Raiden IV certainly isn't as readable as a Cave game, but I've spent some time adjusting to Raizing games. Most everything else is pretty clear in comparison, lol.

According to the Steam store page, this is releasing at around 10pm EST tomorrow? Odd.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah I thought it was pretty odd it's releasing so late in the day I'll probably only get an hour to play it on Thursday then.

Momentary

Banned
It blows my mind that people openly talk about stealing this game on the Shmups.com forums without any repercussions. It kind of makes me feel dirty lurking over there. That place is like a hate machine these days, but I usually check out their development forums and I used to check out their homepage when they used to maintain it. Been lurking there for over 16 or 17 years. I think I get more useful information here now these days. I'm getting tired of the DRM complaints that litter every topic over there anyways. I do get a lot of great info from their Twitter. The guys running that do a bang up job.

I wonder want that French site is like. Too bad I don't understand any of it.

There will be a live preview stream at 8PM EST tonight on the Degigames channel: http://www.twitch.tv/degigames/profile

One more opportunity to check out Mushihimesama gameplay before launch and get an idea of what's in the port. This stream will feature live gameplay, discussion of launch details, and Q&A opportunity if you had any remaining questions. See you there!

Aerocrane

I gotta agree with Rayge, Shmups.com forums are not a fun place to read. There might be good information on those forums, but the community is incredibly toxic.

Couple other reviews have popped up.
PCMag
Rice Digital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3KdE6_6TU

The way this guy Mr. Magoo's his way through so many bullet patterns is the best. Maybe the game should just lock down focus attack for new players to help prevent over correcting.

Couple other reviews have popped up.
PCMag
Rice Digital

Cool, getting more coverage than I expected. Maybe even one of the 600 lb gorilla sites will pick it up...........
I MAKE GOOD JOKES, YAH!?

mdsfx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3KdE6_6TU

The way this guy Mr. Magoo's his way through so many bullet patterns is the best. Maybe the game should just lock down focus attack for new players to help prevent over correcting.

U G H. That was excruciating lol.
"How I didn't die on that first level I don't know." -Mr.Magoo. Truer words have never been spoken. It was almost like he was TRYING to die.

And this guy reviews SHUMPS?!

"HOW DID I SURVIVE THAT?"

SOME-MIST

It blows my mind that people openly talk about stealing this game on the Shmups.com forums without any repercussions. It kind of makes me feel dirty lurking over there. That place is like a hate machine these days, but I usually check out their development forums and I used to check out their homepage when they used to maintain it. Been lurking there for over 16 or 17 years. I think I get more useful information here now these days. I'm getting tired of the DRM complaints that litter every topic over there anyways. I do get a lot of great info from their Twitter. The guys running that do a bang up job.

I wonder want that French site is like. Too bad I don't understand any of it.

I gotta agree with Rayge, Shmups.com forums are not a fun place to read. There might be good information on those forums, but the community is incredibly toxic.

you mean the one guy who made a single post about stealing the game with a sub-200 post count? and the members shortly thereafter who started bashing him? and the last two pages full of users justifying the cheap and fair price?

tho I get your point about the forums being a bit hostile... these post seem more toxic than what's actually posted in the thread.

--

regardless, I'm excited to hop back into the port. had a lot of fun with 1.5 on the xbox 360 port, but arrange is by far my favorite. it's kinda insane how they altered it and made it more difficult than the ps2 port. still have been stuck on the final xbox360 arrange boss on a 1CC, but here's to hoping I can get it on the PC version.

you mean the one guy who made a single post about stealing the game with a sub-200 post count? and the members shortly thereafter who started bashing him? and the last two pages full of users justifying the cheap and fair price?

tho I get your point about the forums being a bit hostile... these post seem more toxic than what's actually posted in the thread.

--

regardless, I'm excited to hop back into the port. had a lot of fun with 1.5 on the xbox 360 port, but arrange is by far my favorite. it's kinda insane how they altered it and made it more difficult than the ps2 port. still have been stuck on the final xbox360 arrange boss on a 1CC, but here's to hoping I can get it on the PC version.

Hey, if you think that was rough, you should see what people at certain places say about GAF :V

So, is the game confirmed to be locked at 720p and the rest defaults to gpu/monitor scaling or did I get this wrong?

Momentary

Banned
Hey, if you think that was rough, you should see what people at certain places say about GAF :V

So, is the game confirmed to be locked at 720p and the rest defaults to gpu/monitor scaling or did I get this wrong?

It's 720 locked.

you mean the one guy who made a single post about stealing the game with a sub-200 post count?

Well I was talking about him and the member who was agreeing with his practice. There's a refund policy for those who think the game runs bad. No reason to agree with underhanded methods.

TGMIII

What time does the game unlock at?

Current time has it down for 2am in the UK which would be Friday (6th). Seems like an odd time given the usual release windows for games on steam.

epmode

It's 720 locked.

I'll buy it because it's my civic duty but the lack of resolution options is disappointing. Other 2D games get away with supporting lots of resolutions, scaling methods and aspect ratios, all without additional art from the developer.

Ah well, at least 1440p is a perfect multiple of 720p so I won't have to deal with the usual scaling artifacts.

McNum

Watched the stream and Arrange Mode seems like something I might be able to do with some practice. Seeing the True Last Boss on Ultra was hilarious, too. That was a LOT of purple. Would it be unfair to say that it's more bullets than air in that fight?

I am not good at Shmups in general, though. I wonder if Mushihimesama supports DirectInput controllers. Seems like this is a game to break out the old Arcade Stick for.

Watched the stream and Arrange Mode seems like something I might be able to do with some practice. Seeing the True Last Boss on Ultra was hilarious, too. That was a LOT of purple. Would it be unfair to say that it's more bullets than air in that fight?

Fair warning. The TLB appears in Arrange Mode. He's slightly easier, but still hilariously absurd.

epmode

I am not good at Shmups in general, though. I wonder if Mushihimesama supports DirectInput controllers. Seems like this is a game to break out the old Arcade Stick for.

Even if it doesn't, you can always try emulating XInput with x360ce or whatever's used these days.

McNum

Even if it doesn't, you can always try emulating XInput with x360ce or whatever's used these days.
True, but in this case, I went digging on the Steam forum for the game and found this:
We try to provide support for as many controllers as possible. Major controllers and direct input controllers are definitely working, but it's hard to test for every possible hardware combination and adapter.
So, as long as Windows sees my Arcade Stick, which it does, I should be plug and play for Mushihimesama.

Capcom, take notes here.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well, goodbye to the €50 I had put aside to grab a copy day1 (which I NEVER do but this was a special case) and make a fun GAF giveaway contest for 2 other keys. I had managed to profit 90€ from selling my copy of the Project Zero WiiU LE and this seemed a cause I wanted to get behind. But yeah, thanks fucker who smashed my car's door and ran, at least €1000 right there, now I won't be able to get the game for who knows how long. People can truly be the worst. Motherfucker.

God I hope this game sells respectably and manages to pull a nice profit for Cave and that we'll see more and more support coming to Shmups Steam, sorry Cave guys, I tried :(

Just a heads up, the release got bumped forward three hours to 8AM Japan time.

mushi-releasej1oi2.jpg

Neat, might get to play tonight after all.

danmaku

Well, goodbye to the €50 I had put aside to grab a copy day1 (which I NEVER do but this was a special case) and make a fun GAF giveaway contest for 2 other keys. I had managed to profit 90€ from selling my copy of the Project Zero WiiU LE and this seemed a cause I wanted to get behind. But yeah, thanks fucker who smashed my car's door and ran, at least €1000 right there, now I won't be able to get the game for who knows how long. People can truly be the worst. Motherfucker.

God I hope this game sells respectably and manages to pull a nice profit for Cave and that we'll see more and more support coming to Shmups Steam, sorry Cave guys, I tried :(

That's awful :-( PM me your steam account and I'll send you a copy, it'll cheer you up!

I'll be at work when the game releases in 11 freakin hours. lol ah well.. I'll play tomorrow after breakfast! Can't wait to see the OT and hope the game does well.

Blackbird mentioned that the game supports both xinput and directinput on the stream, so I'm assuming literally anything you plug in will work. The game will most likely just display 360 prompts either way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom