• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama announced for Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

http://www.caveshmups.com/mushihimesama/

First CAVE title for Steam.

Winter 2015

$19.99 (optional DLC price TBD)

YASSSS

Official info:

Hey everyone! Really glad to see that you're excited for Mushihimesama on PC.

dGFjk6j.jpg

Some more information about this announcement:

This game is based on the X360 version, "Mushihimesama HD". It includes 360 Mode, Novice, and Arrange Modes.

Replay sharing has been added for this version, so that's something new.

1.5 Mode will be available as optional DLC. This was the best way we could figure to do this, since it was previously a very exclusive mode for 1st edition versions of the game.

Saw some concerns about price: Remember, this is Steam we're talking about here. It's going to be on sale sooner or later ;).

The game is also very friendly to new players, so don't let that discourage you if you're worried about difficulty. The mechanics are intuitive and the game includes a very gradual difficulty curve, spanning several modes and difficulty settings. A Novice mode is included.

There will probably be a live preview of this game later this week, stay tuned.

lvzHGG0h.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought you had misspelled Muramasa

Now I'm sad

Prototype

I've been wanting to play Mushihimesama Futari forever, so this is about as good as it gets. Will be picking this up for sure.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
They picked the exact right title! Great news!

It got a high res graphical makeover for the 360 version right?

Risette

A Good Citizen
hopefully the steam version has 1.5, it's super fun and having it locked behind first print bonuses for the 360 version was extremely ungood

Hastati

Fantastic choice.

I think it may have been your avatar that first introduced me to Mushihime-sama, for which I became a fan and even led me to buy one of the old figures with soundtrack, and now we have come full circle again. And even if it wasn't, I approve of your avatar and this news as well. Good times are upon us.

Risette

A Good Citizen
(BTW, I will do unspeakable things for 1440p support. Please don't top out at 1080p)
same. one of the reasons I'd like to double dip is the ability to buy a monitor higher res than 1080p, since that's where the 360 scaler caps out at and monitor scalers will introduce lag and other junk.

HOT DAMN! I didn't expect them to go with Futari's prequel...ace news really. This seems like an excellent move simply because the game's not had the best porting history and is well-regarded enough but lies in the shadow of its sequel. Cave's doing the port, so this will be a tell-all of whether they're going to deliver on future ports, and I'm optimistic here.

I think it may have been your avatar that first introduced me to Mushihime-sama, for which I became a fan and even led me to by one of the old figures with soundtrack, and now we have come full circle again. And even if it wasn't, I approve of your avatar and this news as well. Good times are upon us.

Awesome. Thanks.

Tain

congrats PC-exclusive gamers, Steam is now a serious contender in the STG genre

god I'm buying this so immediately

Extra bonus that this game was one of the region-locked 360 ports.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Why do these type of games all only use a vertical part of the screen? Is it just tradition, or is it just common for people to rotate their monitors to play?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I guess it's not "Bug Princess" this time?

Not as much as with 3D games but native support is always better than the incessant blur when upscaling 1080p content to 1440p through my video card.

PCs don't upscale well, so native support for high resolution would be key. Sprite based games look super crisp when upscaled correctly.
Got it. I'm with you then.

Tain

Why do these type of games all only use a vertical part of the screen? Is it just tradition, or is it just common for people to rotate their monitors to play?

They're ports of arcade games that used 4:3 monitors rotated sideways. It makes sense to use a vertical aspect ratio for an arcade-based vertical scrolling game (to maximize active play area size in a dedicated machine and all).

There are a few "vertizontal" games like Gigawing that use the full screen but you have a huge area to roam, and there's a lot more to track on screen at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom