• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman DS new screens

king zell

h-104_56926_roku02.jpg.jpg

h-104_56926_roku015.jpg.jpg
h-104_56926_roku016.jpg.jpg

h-104_56926_roku09.jpg.jpg
h-104_56926_roku010.jpg.jpg

h-104_56926_roku011.jpg.jpg
h-104_56926_roku012.jpg.jpg

h-104_56926_roku07.jpg.jpg
h-104_56926_roku08.jpg.jpg

h-104_56926_roku05.jpg.jpg
h-104_56926_roku06.jpg.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/07/14/104,1152884978,56926,0,0.html

ethelred

Out of battle, the game looks okay... passable 2D, marginally better than EXE, but not a huge improvement. The battle screens and the character/monster models look fantastic.

ant1532

Banned
Holy shit! Nice find! Can't wait, loved exe 6, it was back to the roots of 1-3 and not like that 4 and 5 shit.

Busaiku said:
Is the story related to .EXE?
I'm expecting 2 versions at launch
Yea, takes place sumtin like 100 years, like ZX after Zero.

rafman400

ant1532 said:
Holy shit! Nice find! Can't wait, loved exe 6, it was back to the roots of 1-3 and not like that 4 and 5 shit.

Yea, takes place sumtin like 100 years, like ZX after Zero.

i knew id find you here.

nubbe

The split personality is so confusing who is MegaMan and who is not?! I do not know!

I would have been cool with MegaMan on the touch screen… So you could touch him and stuff. yeah.

Jasoco

Banned
Whatever happened to the real Megaman? Remember the regular Megaman games? The ones that came out early. On the NES and SNES. The ones that didn't suck ass. The platformers? God I hate this crap. I was hoping this would be a real Megaman game for the DS like Powered Up.

Bah.

Oh.. IMHO that is.

Spencerr

Banned
Jasoco said:
Whatever happened to the real Megaman? Remember the regular Megaman games? The ones that came out early. On the NES and SNES. The ones that didn't suck ass. The platformers? God I hate this crap. I was hoping this would be a real Megaman game for the DS like Powered Up.

Bah.

Oh.. IMHO that is.
IAWTP.
Man **** this battle network bullshit.

ethelred

Jasoco said:

Bah.

Oh.. IMHO that is.

The DS has a "real" Mega Man game, too. It's called ZX, and it'll be out in the US in September.

There's nothing wrong with Mega Man RPGs too, though. Particularly considering that it's because of EXE that Capcom keeps getting the money to finance the bombs like Powered Up.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
With the exception of optional bosses (Three beats 6 into the ground in that department), Exe 6 is the best. The story ended perfectly and everything (except Bass) was put to rest. The gameplay was the best (Beast out and Crosses own) out of the whole series.

That being said I have no doubt that they will make this a good game. I just hope that Capcom will STOP TAKING SHIT OUT OF THE USA VERSION!!!! Boktai rules, eff the haters! I want Django back!

**** the haters, Battle network is one of the best series on the GBA.

ethelred

Oldschoolgamer said:
With the exception of optional bosses (Three beats 6 into the ground in that department), Exe 6 is the best. The story ended perfectly and everything (except Bass) was put to rest. The gameplay was the best (Beast out and Crosses own) out of the whole series.

That being said I have no doubt that they will make this a good game. I just hope that Capcom will STOP TAKING SHIT OUT OF THE USA VERSION!!!! Boktai rules, eff the haters! I want Django back!

**** the haters, Battle network is one of the best series on the GBA.

Eh? Boktai? That's a Konami series... is this an evolution of the Castlevania joke?

kiryogi

Banned
ethelred said:
Eh? Boktai? That's a Konami series... is this an evolution of the Castlevania joke?

No. Since .EXE 4, konami and capcom have had a cross promotion of each others games in their respective series. As in you'd see Django in .EXE and Megaman in Boktai. And this has been left untouched in the US releases until 6. An entire optional area was removed in the process as it was connected to Boktai.

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:
There was a Boktai/MMBN crossover in japan. Capcom USA took all the references out.

Wow, that's just... weird. I'd not heard of that (though granted, I'm not the biggest fan of the two series). What a weird group of games to cross over.

Oldschoolgamer

ethelred said:

Not a joke at all. In Exe 4 there was an entire section devoted to Django, megaman, and one of the main evil navis. In one of the multiplayer modes for one of the games, you had a minigame where MegaMan and Django would face off in battle. Ontop of that, in the games you can use chips that work like Django GunDeSol (even a program advance).

In Exe 6: gregar/faltzer, the japanese version has a section of the net called, the immortal area and..i think undernet 3. All of those had something to do with Django. Capcom took them out for whatever reason, as well as changing the names of certain navis.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jasoco said:

Bah.

Oh.. IMHO that is.
mega-man-zx-20060706071219402.jpg

Says, "HI!"

ant1532

Banned
Jasoco said:

Bah.

Oh.. IMHO that is.
Your're opinion sucks.

Oh.. IMHO that is.
Dragona Akehi said:
MMBN games are terribly underrated.

kiryogi

Banned
Actually, not all refrences were taken out. The Gun Del Sol is still around, albiet weakened compared to previous versions.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
I love MMBN, but I don't really see the advantage of the new battle perspective. Maybe in motion it'll make more sense to me.

Honestly I feel the Zero series has surpassed the X series and dare I say, most of the original. Those who say otherwise are clinging to nostalgia and/or havent played the goodness that is Zero 1-4

kiryogi

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Honestly I feel the Zero series has surpassed the X series and dare I say, most of the original. Those who say otherwise are clinging to nostalgia and/or havent played the goodness that is Zero 1-4

The other unfortunate problem is that its almost too hard for everyone hahah.

kiryogi

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
**** em, try harder.
Aye, the way I see it. Zero series is like 2d versions of Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden. Quite simply offering the finest in 2d action platforming.

TreIII

MrAngryFace said:

The Zero series were alright, but the originals still did the job quite well for their time, and still arguably hold their own against the new stuff.

All of the gameplay was there, and I still feel that the original series trumphs the Zero series in one regard above all...I love my Master Weapons. Screw EX Skills and 3-4 different weapons, it still doesn't give the versatility that I would love (and practically expect) a Rockman title to have. That was perhaps my main problem with the Zero line. Well, that, and the fact that Zero was (and still practically is) trying way too hard to ride on Strider Hiyru's bad-ass red face bandana. What, stealing the focus of the Rockman series away from the Blue Bombers wasn't enough, that he had to try and steal Strider's main claim to fame too? C'mon...

On another note though, I'm loving ZX. While it still lacks some of the overall variety that I would love to have, it's a great first effort, nonetheless, and I only hope the inevitable sequels will go on to perfect it...hopefully without taking EXE's lame "Chaos/Dark Soul" route or something to that effect...

nubbe

Zero is good in the way it lets you adjust the challenge yourself with the cyberelves.

Just trigger some elves and it is really easy... You don't get a free ride but still.

kiryogi

Banned
nubbe said:
Zero is good in the way it lets you adjust the challenge yourself with the cyberelves.

Just trigger some elves and it is really easy... You don't get a free ride but still.

The problem there is that its also a bit of a grind to gain access to good elves. It also must be said that elves can't really cover a players inability to manuever. I always hear folks complaining about the lava blocks in Flizards stage in Zero 3. It's on the edge fun IMO.

TreIII: and I believe they do offer great versatility, if you're a melee player. In the past, master weapons have always been mainly ranged and usually involve you sitting in one place and blasting away.

agent069

Banned
the Zero series is just plain better tha the original and X, only a fool or a nostalgic would think otherwise, the boss battle are pure sex, the levels are great, and Megaman moves better than ever (just try Zero from X4 after playing any Zero, it just suck), I liked the charm of the original series, I love the NES crappy midi, it reminds me my childhood, and I remember how I felt when I discovered Megaman X, but the Zero are just better, how couldn't it be? They're all the ****ing same game, they just get better graphics, better level design, better weapons and better gameplay with every version.

Oldschoolgamer

I find myself enjoying the BN series as much as the Zero series: and both of them better than the originals. The BN series is basically a throwback to the original series in terms of characters, and bits and pieces of story. All of the segments about corrupting a navis soul, and the parts about evil beings has already been covered in the original series. Its just a different spin and expansion of it, in my eyes.

The souls/crosses/styles/beastouts are used the same way as armor was, with the exception that you usually have more control of them. I will say that some times they end up being a bit to powerfull (DS MegaMan). In Exe 6, it seemed like they finally found a ground of balance in the gameplay. I do think that Capcom needs to take a tad bit of the difficulty from the Zero series, and put it into the Exe Series. Only a few final bosses gave me real trouble.

kiryogi

Banned
agent069 said:
the Zero series is just plain better tha the original and X, only a fool or a nostalgic would think otherwise, the boss battle are pure sex, the levels are great, and Megaman moves better than ever (just try Zero from X4 after playing any Zero, it just suck), I liked the charm of the original series, I love the NES crappy midi, it reminds me my childhood, and I remember how I felt when I discovered Megaman X, but the Zero are just better, how couldn't it be? They're all the ****ing same game, they just get better graphics, better level design, better weapons and better gameplay with every version.

No, it's as I said with the EX skills. Going towards the Zero direction actually moved the series towards a more melee approach. One I didn't mind as I loved using Zero back in the X series. Not to mention many folks never liked him in general for stealing the spotlight.

It's also unfortunate to mention that ZX takes the series in an easier direction, but you can still find a challenge if you look for it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Jasoco said:

Bah.

Oh.. IMHO that is.

IAWTP.

I know it was already said but.... ****ing ZX anyone? jesus christ people. there is megaman style series already, why another one?

oh and Zero series>Classic Series>X series.

go buy that shit and stop complaining.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Jasoco said:

Spencerr said:
IAWTP.

people like you guys god damn annoy me

you complain about I WANT REGULAR PLATFORMING MEGA MAN. first of all, these dont suck ass because they're not the genre you like. they're proven quality games for the most part.

second of all, THESE AREN'T GETTING MADE IN PLACE OF THE PLATFORMERS.

you have no right to complain these are getting made when you ALSO got five platforming games in the series on Game Boy Advance and are ALSO getting a new platforming series on DS. hell, MMX8 came out over a year and a half ago and was the best in the series since X4. PLUS, PSP got two awesome ones this year.

except, here's the problem, they sold like complete crap, sadly.

agent069 said:

i disagree, and i'm not bring nostalgic. i openly admit that X5 wasn't very good, and X6 sucked, and X7 was quite possibly the worst Mega Man of all time and a complete piece of crap overall.

however, i dont think there was a bad game in the classic series. some weren't amazing, but none were just bad. the X series stayed awesome up through 4 (and went back to awesome when 8 came out). i dont think Zero 1 is that good anymore, considering the huge leaps in quality (graphics, music, gameplay) that 2 and 3 made, and i thought 4 wasn't as good as 2 or 4 (too easy, the weapon system sucked).

i still love it, but for me it's classic > x > zero > bn > legends (but i love them all)

LOcKY

ok how many mega man games been released this year? i mean is capcom trying to milk him dry till hes a skeleton?:lol

ShinNL

By the way, am I the only one a bit dissapointed by the battle view? I know the game is based on EXE, I have nothing against that; in fact, I'm playing EXE6 right now.

But this game seem to use an overhead view. Things that concern me:

- You can't see your feet.
- Since you can't see your feet, I doubt you can move on forward and backward on the panels
- Since you can't move forward and backwards, does this mean the gameplay is only about left, middle, right?
- That's worse than EXE, despite it being in 3D!

So... yeah. Not seeing your feet is bad.

Top Bottom